JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
Car turns on by itself, who you going to call……..Ghostbusters :CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL:
Sponsored

jonah

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
Even though an old thread, I have a similar issue where my Taycan ST GTS every now and then turns on ignition when I have left the car(!) and closed the driver's door. No one remains in the car. It is super annoying and maybe a security risk..

Has anyone experienced this and has a solution?

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Even though an old thread, I have a similar issue where my Taycan ST GTS every now and then turns on ignition when I have left the car(!) and closed the driver's door. No one remains in the car. It is super annoying and maybe a security risk..

Has anyone experienced this and has a solution?
I’ve had this happen a couple of times but I think it was only when my wife was also in the car and had the other key with her. Could this have been the case for you?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Does anyone else have this problem?

If I switch the car off, get out of the car, leave the keys inside the drivers door, and close the door, there car turns back on.

Surely the car should be checking for occupancy via a pressure sensor in the driver’s seat?
This is only applicable to cars with Comfort Settings (I think).

I'm 99.9% certain that my car never did this even if I left the keys in the car after power down - nor could I lock the car by touching the sensor (that's a good thing!).

I now have the same situation (not always I think) and if I leave the keys in the car it will likely as not power back on.

I think it is a bug following one of the major updates.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
That’s a ridiculous justification.

The car should NOT self turn on unless there is a person in the drivers seat, period.

But that's what comfort access is. What point of having it if it only turns on once you are sitting in it? You might as well press the on button.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag

I'm 99.9% certain that my car never did this even if I left the keys in the car after power down - nor could I lock the car by touching the sensor (that's a good thing!).

I now have the same situation (not always I think) and if I leave the keys in the car it will likely as not power back on.

I have another problem with comport setting. Every time I walk past the car with keys in my pocket it opens the doors. When you walk away it does re-lock, but not fold the mirrors! Something I have set so I can tell it’s locked from a distance. You would have thought I would lock as you have set the car?

jonah

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
I’ve had this happen a couple of times but I think it was only when my wife was also in the car and had the other key with her. Could this have been the case for you?
Not always, but it's more frequent when she's in the car too. Yesterday the car switched on when I was about to lock the car. It was just me in and around the car.

I think so too. I'm trying to find way to configure the Comfort Settings, but it's very limited to what you can do in PCM :(

I have another problem with comport setting. Every time I walk past the car with keys in my pocket it opens the doors. When you walk away it does re-lock, but not fold the mirrors! Something I have set so I can tell it’s locked from a distance. You would have thought I would lock as you have set the car?
OMG, that's a real security issue! In Sweden, nowadays, you don't want to risk having your car unlock unless you are certain the situation/location is secure.

I have reported these issues to the Porsche Connect support and already got a reply that they are investigating. I have provided them with some more details, but if any of you haven't reported issues to them - please do.

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Nope. Not sure if this is by design or not but my hunch is this is deliberate and the same happens when you use remote locking from the app. The 'deliberate' act is to let you know something other than the key locked the car or that the car was unlocked and then auto-locked without the key being present.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Not always, but it's more frequent when she's in the car too. Yesterday that car switched on when I was about to lock the car. It was just me in and around the car.

I think so too. I'm trying to find way to configure the Comfort Settings, but it's very limited to what you can do in PCM :(

OMG, that's a real security issue! In Sweden, nowadays, you don't want to risk having your car unlock unless you are certain the situation/location is secure.

I have reported these issues to the Porsche Connect support and already got a reply that they are investigating. I have provided them with some more details, but if any of you haven't reported issues to them - please do.
No security issue and no missing comfort setting - you will have been near the car (< 2m) when it unlocked, right?

The car will auto lock after 45 secs (same as any other car) if no door, trunk or frunk is opened within that time.

You can always set the unlocking to only unlock doors on the side you approach or the driver's door only.

For me (and the rest of the world) this is not a security issue and has been the norm on Porsche's for a long long time and no doubt other brands too.

It would be much better if the auto lock also retracted the mirrors if the option was set in the first instance.

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
I have same issue when wife has keys in her pocket. I turn off, get out first and close door, then if she has a key on her, despite the driver's side door having never been re-opened it will switch the car back on. Maybe the pressure censor works for passenger and driver's seat. You'd think it would need 1. drive's door open 2. pressure on seat 3. driver's door closed to restart...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have same issue when wife has keys in her pocket. I turn off, get out first and close door, then if she has a key on her, despite the driver's side door having never been re-opened it will switch the car back on. Maybe the pressure censor works for passenger and driver's seat. You'd think it would need 1. drive's door open 2. pressure on seat 3. driver's door closed to restart...
This is normal too - any key (never a good idea to have both in the car as that just confuses the car) left inside will re-energise the car.

Drove me nuts until I figured it out but I don't like the concept and really Porsche should do something about it - what if a kid were left in the car momentarily...

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Nope. Not sure if this is by design or not but my hunch is this is deliberate and the same happens when you use remote locking from the app. The 'deliberate' act is to let you know something other than the key locked the car or that the car was unlocked and then auto-locked without the key being present.
Guess I’ll continue to press the key😊

I don’t remember ordering comfort entry. Maybe it’s standard on the GTS. I’ve always managed perfectly ok with just the key. . . .

jonah

First Name
Jonah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Sport Turismo
Country flag
what if a kid were left in the car momentarily...
Exactly my point. In my case the car has switched on with the key in my pocket standing outside the car but my kid inside and the doors closed. No second key close to the car. Not a good thing Porsche...

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Guess I’ll continue to press the key😊

I don’t remember ordering comfort entry. Maybe it’s standard on the GTS. I’ve always managed perfectly ok with just the key. . . .
Not standard but can be FOD and can be there in error. Check your PCM to see if you have the full Comfort opening settings including trunk gesture control.

Gwaihir

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Not standard but can be FOD and can be there in error. Check your PCM to see if you have the full Comfort opening settings including trunk gesture control.
Yes, can waggle my foot at the back and the boot will open - some of the time!
Oh dear! Have checked the options I ordered and comfort entry was not one of them! I can’t believe I‘ve gained something from Porsche without paying😳
Sponsored