First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Nope - doesn’t work.
I managed to get this working on my 2020 Taycan 4s yesterday. I did need an adaptor to convert the USB A end to USB Type C in order to plug this into the car but beyond this it works fine and connects everytime I get into the car.

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
I managed to get this working on my 2020 Taycan 4s yesterday. I did need an adaptor to convert the USB A end to USB Type C in order to plug this into the car but beyond this it works fine and connects everytime I get into the car.
Yes - but a direct USB-C to USB-C cable doesn't work - no power is supplied to the device.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks @Austin_yeahbaby , I also wrote to Stefan asking for, Wireless Carplay, location based lift, max DCFC charge speed, and plug and charge.

Fully in the belief that it's best to ask for four things in hopes to get a few. :cool:
Received a response from an email in-country VP. Same response for now, but I think that it's still good to let them know many have expectations.

Dear Mr. -------,

Thank you for reaching out to Mr. Weckbach at our headquarters in Germany and congratulations on your new Taycan. We are currently still working on finalizing the retroactive update for the model year 2020 vehicles. At this point, it is still too early to confirm the final set of features that will be included in the update. We can expect more information in the next few months.

Thank you for your patience and happy holidays with your new Taycan!

Best regards

Simon Kuhnimhof
Vice President, Customer Experience
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
One Porsche Drive
Atlanta, GA 30354
Email: [email protected]

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Received a response from an email in-country VP. Same response for now, but I think that it's still good to let them know many have expectations.
Thanks Ron B,

I've gone with the carlink 2.0 for now, hopefully one day it's retro applied in a software update.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks Ron B,

I've gone with the carlink 2.0 for now, hopefully one day it's retro applied in a software update.
Understand that, actually I still an on Android so only helpful for my wife. With the CPlay2Air for $99 in sale today it's hard to go wrong.

TheFutre

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s (soon), Tesla Model X (me), Tesla Model 3 (wife)
Country flag
Where does everyone store their phone when using CarPlay wirelessly?
The Qi Charger in the center console just seems so cumbersome to use on a consistent basis so intrigued if you are using another method

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I store it in the crack between the seat and the door, as it always falls out of my front pocket when I enter the car. :rolleyes:
I just keep the phone in my pocket. If you're not on a long drive, and you have wireless CarPlay, no reason to take it out.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Nope - doesn’t work.
Second this. I tried with two cables, one that was power delivery and the unit doesn’t light up. It must not signal something properly about power that an adapter “adjusts.”

Well no need for the detachable cable one. BTW both units are identical under different “branding.”

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I have the ProClip for holding the phone, and it's been great. I just have the magnetic mount. Half the time I'm too lazy to even plug in the phone. I do always take it out of my pocket for fear of it falling out or getting crushed trying to get in and out of the car. :p

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
So I dropped Porsche UK a note asking when wireless carplay will update will be available.

They said that the best way of finding this out is via my local Porsche Centre

When I dropped my OPC an email asking the same... they replied and said that any updates are available by pressing the update button in the PCM :rolleyes:
Sponsored