Charging App broken

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
Every day there is a new software error in my Nokia 9210 Taycan.

This one is new. Has anyone seen it yet? I can't find it here. Connect service reps don't even know what are Porsche car models...

The black RFID card still works. The "Charging" app (green icon) no more. It no longer allows me to see the charges of the last days, nor the invoices or costs of the different charging stations on the map.

the charging contract is active (for three years)

The app asks for a login. It recognises the user. Asks you to activate a contract :) Recognises the active contract. Pressing the "Login & registration" button takes you back to the home screen and asks you to login an infinite number of times.

Does anyone know how to break the loop?

Porsche Taycan Charging App broken IMG_3041.PNG

Porsche Taycan Charging App broken IMG_3042

Porsche Taycan Charging App broken IMG_3043

Porsche Taycan Charging App broken IMG_3044 2

Last edited:

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
yes, something very bad has happened at porsche. the question is where the problem lies, is it porsche or it's charging partners? what the problem is is unknown.

are people still able to charge at EA or Ionity units without the apps functioning?

OP
OP
PorscheCH

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
something very bad is happening on a daily basis :oops:. Only in Nov I had a dozen errors (bugs mostly inside the instrument clusters and in the connect app), a wide Porsche server crash which, depending on the user and geography, lasted 4-5 days, etc. etc. we are basically alpha testers :)

yes, using the black RFID card I can still charge at Ionity (we don't have EA in Europe) and also at other 3rd party stations. But there's no evidence of charging history anywhere - can't go past the above loop in the "connecting" app, nor in the Porsche web portal...

Last edited:

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
This one is new. Has anyone seen it yet? I can't find it here. Connect service reps don't even know what are Porsche car models...

The black RFID card still works. The "Charging" app (green icon) no more. It no longer allows me to see the charges of the last days, nor the invoices or costs of the different charging stations on the map.

the charging contract is active (for three years)

The app asks for a login. It recognises the user. Asks you to activate a contract :) Recognises the active contract. Pressing the "Login & registration" button takes you back to the home screen and asks you to login an infinite number of times.
Thanks for sharing this. I have exactly the same now. I can not use the Charging app nor use the scanning function in the Connect app.

And this on top of my Charging Card no longer working. And Porsche have not sent out a new one in three weeks!.

I have no idea on how to solve this. I have sent in a request for help to Porsche Smart Mobility several times. No response at all more than a standard mail response. Seems like a black hole!

Let me know if you get any response

OP
OP
PorscheCH

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
I think we can't solve it. Look at the other US dominated thread trending now.
Does your RFID Porsche card work?

Until Porsche finds whatever is bugged in their back end and fixes it. Much like the "Connect"-PCM saga 10 days ago.

Spoke this morning with Porsche (smart?) Mobility twice in 2 different languages. As everyone reported here, those people follow some dumb script and are poor clueless folks. They don't seem to have second level experts behind the first line. They even ignore what are the names of Porsche models (not joking). The closest they have gotten to a Taycan or a 911 is likely some YouTube videos. So it's like talking to a dishwasher.

I guess in a few days they will fix it..

Thanks for sharing this. I have exactly the same now. I can not use the Charging app nor use the scanning function in the Connect app.

And this on top of my Charging Card no longer working. And Porsche have not sent out a new one in three weeks!.

I have no idea on how to solve this. I have sent in a request for help to Porsche Smart Mobility several times. No response at all more than a standard mail response. Seems like a black hole!

Let me know if you get any response

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Does your RFID Porsche card work?
No my RFID card does not work either. Benn out of order for more than 3 weeks now and hve been promised new card twice already. Nothing , NADA, has arrived. And Plug and Charge has never worked at Ionity for my MY 20.

OP
OP
PorscheCH

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
that's awful.
My card is still working but the rest is not. Also not able to use Plug&Charge at Ionity - I doubt that's even activated in the network, never heard anybody confirming that.

No my RFID card does not work either. Benn out of order for more than 3 weeks now and hve been promised new card twice already. Nothing , NADA, has arrived. And Plug and Charge has never worked at Ionity for my MY 20.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

OP
OP
PorscheCH

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
thanks. I had seen it. but tried at 6-7 ionity stations in CH and ITA, never worked once P&C.
How do you know if the car is updated for that (I have a turbo MY20)? which SW release/code?
Same here, but I believe that the Plug and Charge function only works for MY21! No update or upgrade for MY20 as far as I know. We can still hope, but I doubt it will ever happen. Porsche has the mindset of the legacy car manufacturers , that every model year needs to be different by a little. To encourage you to change.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
It looks like the US version "Charging NA" is also broken as you describe. Fortunately plug-and-charge works for me and I haven't needed this app since I turned it on.

It's a real problem for folks without plug-and-charge though.

carboard123

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s 1972 911T Targa
Country flag
It looks like the US version "Charging NA" is also broken as you describe. Fortunately plug-and-charge works for me and I haven't needed this app since I turned it on.

It's a real problem for folks without plug-and-charge though.
its working now. can log in and approve charge -- as normal

CATaycan21

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
It looks like the issue has been resolved. I was able to login on the Charging NA app on both iOS and Android devices. Finally !

OP
OP
PorscheCH

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
Yes, same for me in Europe. Let's see what breaks tomorrow...

As a sidenote, how do you pay for the charges via the "charging na" app? a monthly bill on the connected credit card?

It looks like the issue has been resolved. I was able to login on the Charging NA app on both iOS and Android devices. Finally !

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I just tried the app now – haven't used it in a few weeks and when it opened it logged me out and I had to log in again. The re-login went fine, but has the look of something where auth tokens were expired – hinting at an earlier problem.

Glad its back working.
Sponsored