Charging etiquette. Would you do the same?

OP
OP
tchavei

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
You are probably the most patient person I've come across. I would have knock on his window to wake him. He'd probably would have thanked me for saving all of $$$ on idle fees.
Idle fees seem to be $0 according to the provided picture.
Sponsored

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
You are probably the most patient person I've come across. I would have knock on his window to wake him. He'd probably would have thanked me for saving all of $$$ on idle fees.
The EA UX is confusing; he actually did not incur any charges - Volvo must be on a similar plan - the quoted dollar amount is what would have been the cost for a 'retail' customer.

rb33gl

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Audi A3 TFSIe Hybrid, Porsche 964 (gone..)
Country flag
I'm going to start campaigning for more idle fees in the UK

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I even have multiple excuses prepared

"Oh so sorry, I bumped the horn by mistake while leaving the car. I'm too old for these sport boxes"

"Man, thank God. I thought you were dead or needing medical assistance. I was about to call an ambulance"

"Damn man, saw a bear approaching you car and honked to chase it off. You're really lucky I was around"

Etc etc
"Oups, I accidentally triggered the car alarm." - that actually happens to people from time to time, no way to prove intentional or not.

OP
OP
tchavei

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well I guess I lucked out tonight.

Just went charging and my favourite charger was displaying an error and no car around.

Wanted to turn around but decided to take a peek at the screen... It was in a bootloop. Would boot, stay online for 30 seconds and then reboot again.

Thought "What if I plug it in while it's online? Will it still reboot?"

It doesn't 😁😁😁😁

God, I love android 🤣 (OS on this charger)

Marmolata

First Name
RJS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I wouldnt ever unplug someone elses car. If something breaks, or they say you scratched car, lawsuit? or if living in america death by firearm? no thank you.

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Country flag
EA doesn't charge idle fees because their software is too incompetent to correctly assign them. So many sessions that are hundreds of hours long because the stupid system thinks cars are still connected.

Rude = leaving your car sitting past 100% when infrastructure is so limited.

Nothing even remotely wrong with unplugging a vehicle that has reached 100%. Very nice of the OP to leave a note (though with the first one I would say it was required.)

Cars are not precious sacred jewels, let's get real... Expect to be unplugged when you hit 100.

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
The EA record (I think?) was how a Bolt had been abandoned at the Hartford CT location, thereby blocking one out of four chargers (except for the most brave or dexterous of drivers).
After several days (yes, days), an official notice was placed on the car stating that it would be towed.
In 30 days.

OP
OP
tchavei

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The EA record (I think?) was how a Bolt had been abandoned at the Hartford CT location, thereby blocking one out of four chargers (except for the most brave or dexterous of drivers).
After several days (yes, days), an official notice was placed on the car stating that it would be towed.
In 30 days.
Yes. The first one erroed out so even if the guy was watching, it could take some time to get to the car. He was at a high soc (89%) and I waited quite some time. Then my survival instinct kicked it. I needed the charge. Left the note to let the person know it wasn't actively charging anymore.

In any case, with time, I'm sure this will be the norm unless some cars don't unlock the charging port.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
🤣 given the comments from people in other parts of the world, you’d think those of us in Texas have to duck and cover every time we go to the grocery story. I think people would be amazed by the reality of TX vs the sensationalized news. TX does have plenty of problems that need fixing but the people here tend to be warm and welcoming overall. YMMV
"One Riot, One Ranger"
--Motto of the Texas Rangers state law enforcement agency
Sponsored