Charging issues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Last year, I had to lower the amperage on the charger to 30A because it was overheating and failing. That has worked well for a year, but now, I had another failure (flashing blue light) and I had to lower the amperage to 20A. Has anyone had any similar problems or heard about failures? Bob Borucki [email protected]
Sponsored

xirtam2381

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
I think flashing blue light means you have a charging profile set to only charge at a scheduled time?

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
As above.

I have my car set with a Timer to make use of the cheap rate electricity overnight.

When I plug it in (as long as its above my minimum set 55%) I get the pulsing blue light.
Basically, it's on pause waiting to start the charge at midnight - when it will turn green.

In the morning its done its thing and is charged.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Last year, I had to lower the amperage on the charger to 30A because it was overheating and failing. That has worked well for a year, but now, I had another failure (flashing blue light) and I had to lower the amperage to 20A. Has anyone had any similar problems or heard about failures? Bob Borucki [email protected]
As has been noted flashing blue as documented in the Porsche Good To Know App and clearly indicated on the charge port door simply means your charging process has paused waiting on the next programmed timer event ie when a daily timer has been set (AC charging).

When red then you have a problem.

OP
OP
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I think flashing blue light means you have a charging profile set to only charge at a scheduled time?
Thanks for the ideas all.... I am not sure though, since it starts charging for a half hour or so with green, then stops and flashes blue. I have never set a scheduled time for charging on the unit. More to follow as I investigate.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks for the ideas all.... I am not sure though, since it starts charging for a half hour or so with green, then stops and flashes blue. I have never set a scheduled time for charging on the unit. More to follow as I investigate.
There is nothing to set on the unit (EVSE) if PMC+ or PMCC.

Check what timers and profiles you have enabled either via the PCM or app as it sounds like there are competing ones.
Sponsored