Charging session error on Electrify America

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Yeah, they got an unhappy email from me when I was having issues at 2am. When you've been driving for 18 hours straight and you are at the only charging station in the middle of no where Southeast Washington and start having issues which appears to be vehicle relates you are not the happiest camper. They also got a call after I had I was better rested and in contact w/ my dealer.

To be fair, my Taycan was working flawlessly and was a champ until the final 4 hours on ~6,000 mile trip.
the car has to charge first time everytime. now I understand that EA has hardware issues of their own, but being unable to get a working charging unit to charge the car is a problem emanating from the car, not EA. please contact porsche NA customer care relating your charging issue.
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
update, the car is at the dealership for an extended diagnostic. they say that there is a way to connect the car so the engineers in germany can look at what is going on remotely. we shall see where it takes me.

gonzo

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Lucid Air DE, Tesla 3
Country flag
Hey @kort what was the outcome of your last dealer visit? Were they able to fix the issue? I am having similar issues and cannot charge at all at most EA locations, but not all, which has led to confusion as to whether it's the car or EA. I also have the 19.2kW charger and no P&C. The dealer has looked at it once already but no solution, and I am taking it back in next week.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Hey @kort what was the outcome of your last dealer visit? Were they able to fix the issue? I am having similar issues and cannot charge at all at most EA locations, but not all, which has led to confusion as to whether it's the car or EA. I also have the 19.2kW charger and no P&C. The dealer has looked at it once already but no solution, and I am taking it back in next week.
nothing happened. they claim that they cannot locate any faults. the "fix" from germany was BS.
I will continue to log the failures, continue to bring the car in for a fix and then at some point initiate a lemon law case.

sean711

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo, 2021 911 Turbo S
Country flag
nothing happened. they claim that they cannot locate any faults. the "fix" from germany was BS.
I will continue to log the failures, continue to bring the car in for a fix and then at some point initiate a lemon law case.
Any update on this? I'm in the same boat as you. The dealer told me there was a software update that might solve the problem and it did not. I love the car but I'm looking at starting the lemon process as well. I can't drive the car out of state.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Any update on this? I'm in the same boat as you. The dealer told me there was a software update that might solve the problem and it did not. I love the car but I'm looking at starting the lemon process as well. I can't drive the car out of state.
Nothing new to report

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Nothing new to report
As reported there appears to be a fix, I was contacted by my dealer and will have the fix applied. I sure hope that they have gotten things right. I love the car but the charger issues were making the experience miserable for me. We shall see

Lauryen828

First Name
Lauryen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi There!

Does anyone have any updates on this charging error.
I am unable to charge at Electrify America Stations. If I go 10 times on average I can maybe charge once. I get charging start error, and at times the charging won't even initiate. I have spoken to EA everytime I have charged and they are unable to assist. They help me troubleshoot as well as trying to help me initiate a charge and nothing. However, if I go to an Evgo, charge point or another station I charge no problem. Now normally I would just not go to EA, but the charging is free for 3 years and I drive a lot so this makes charging more expensive than gas which defeats the purpose of me having an electric car. Has anyone else had this experienced and had it resolved? If I call EA, they blame Porsche, if I call Porsche they blame EA. EA says they are putting trouble tickets in and nothing changes.

Oh and they offered me a free charging session...That would be great except My charging should already be free and I can't charge at their station. :mad:

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi There!

Does anyone have any updates on this charging error.
I am unable to charge at Electrify America Stations. If I go 10 times on average I can maybe charge once. I get charging start error, and at times the charging won't even initiate. I have spoken to EA everytime I have charged and they are unable to assist. They help me troubleshoot as well as trying to help me initiate a charge and nothing. However, if I go to an Evgo, charge point or another station I charge no problem. Now normally I would just not go to EA, but the charging is free for 3 years and I drive a lot so this makes charging more expensive than gas which defeats the purpose of me having an electric car. Has anyone else had this experienced and had it resolved? If I call EA, they blame Porsche, if I call Porsche they blame EA. EA says they are putting trouble tickets in and nothing changes.

Oh and they offered me a free charging session...That would be great except My charging should already be free and I can't charge at their station. :mad:
if you have the 19.2 kw onboard charger there is a software conflict that can be rectified with a software patch. search around the forums for this issue and the service bulletin number can be found. take that number to your apparently clueless dealership and insist that it be applied to the car. If I am correct that will solve this issue for you.
Sponsored