Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
My experience, go to explore under the connect app, look for the red icon. It can be hidden under your car icon, (zoom in) pull down and to find the charging stations. If you plug in and your button on the car charging port is red, choose another charger, don't go anywhere until you see charge being added, if you get an error, choose another charger. Call electrify America, keep their number in your contacts, they are super nice, their charging stations, not so much, last time I charged, could not get any 350 kw stations to work. But they did manually start a 150 kw charger from their end and gave me a free charge. 150 kw did charge at 5 MpM, (didn't know that), my experience from NY to KY. 1800 miles of travel. Hope that helps.
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Seems like the service has been down most of the day. And as you say no response from Porsche Connect, email or phone. This is a bad service.

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
Seeing the same thing. No email response, phone rings then goes dead.

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
My car is not in Connect..........tried multiple times.......nobody responds to my mails or calls back. Dealership says Porsche site has been down.
I am able to see my car and the electrify America chargers in the connect app, I power off the car and phone, to reset, hope that helps

taycan4sl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hoping someone can clarify if the Charging NA app should still be used? Electrify America INSISTED that the Porsche Connect should not be used and was the cause of the charge not connecting, despite me sharing I have only used the Porsche Connect for previous charging at other Electrify America stations without issue.

If Charging NA app should be used, how do I connect it my Porsche account? I login and click done, but the free subscription doesn't transfer.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
Hoping someone can clarify if the Charging NA app should still be used? Electrify America INSISTED that the Porsche Connect should not be used and was the cause of the charge not connecting, despite me sharing I have only used the Porsche Connect for previous charging at other Electrify America stations without issue.

If Charging NA app should be used, how do I connect it my Porsche account? I login and click done, but the free subscription doesn't transfer.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Once you load the app, click at the three lines in the top left, login with your Porsche credentials, I use the app because in settings you can limit it to 30 minutes, but since using it, haven't had any more faulty start of charging sessions

taycan4sl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thank you! I did not notice the option at the bottom to login. Not sure I would have seen that and not sure why they have the other option that does nothing at the top.

Once you load the app, click at the three lines in the top left, login with your Porsche credentials, I use the app because in settings you can limit it to 30 minutes, but since using it, haven't had any more faulty start of charging sessions

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
Has anybody had any trouble setting up the Charging America app? I have a subscription (free) and am logged in to my account. My Porsche and Porsche Connect both recognize my vehicle, but the Charging America app does not. In fact it seems like there is no vehicle associated with my account and the button to configure the vehicle does not work. The app also does not, in my case, seem to communicate with the chargers.

Support is trying to help but this is clearly new to them too. So far, I have been told to delete my Electrify America account and app, and to delete and reinstall the Charging America app.

Anybody with similar problems solved this ?
1797D48D-482A-4FF0-B830-0833046D52C7.jpeg
FD1198B5-3C1F-4DB5-98DD-65F5F27F1E95.jpeg
I was unsuccessful with two separate tries at a 350KW EA in Washington State on the free Porsche Charging America app over tee weekend. It was a brick. EA worked on my credit card.

Td78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was unsuccessful with two separate tries at a 350KW EA in Washington State on the free Porsche Charging America app over tee weekend. It was a brick. EA worked on my credit card.
Sounds like you just got your car. Congratulations! I spoke with several different people at PCNA over the course of two to three weeks. A guy there, I think his name was Ron, was super excited to help. Never heard from again but a week after talking to him, my account started working. And I had many flawless charges since. Let me know if you want more info. Otherwise, I hope your issue gets sorted out soon.

TC Fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Has anybody had any trouble setting up the Charging America app? I have a subscription (free) and am logged in to my account. My Porsche and Porsche Connect both recognize my vehicle, but the Charging America app does not. In fact it seems like there is no vehicle associated with my account and the button to configure the vehicle does not work. The app also does not, in my case, seem to communicate with the chargers.

Support is trying to help but this is clearly new to them too. So far, I have been told to delete my Electrify America account and app, and to delete and reinstall the Charging America app.

Anybody with similar problems solved this ?
1797D48D-482A-4FF0-B830-0833046D52C7.jpeg
FD1198B5-3C1F-4DB5-98DD-65F5F27F1E95.jpeg
I think you have to skip the CA app and download the Charging NA app by Porsche. I use this to connect without issue (at least from an app perspective), at Charge America sites. I have an Android phone, but assume it's on iOS as well.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think you have to skip the CA app and download the Charging NA app by Porsche. I use this to connect without issue (at least from an app perspective), at Charge America sites. I have an Android phone, but assume it's on iOS as well.
I found by trial and error that the steps to use EA were --

1. Login to the Porsche Connect App (or via the website) and accept the free 1 year charging offer. This includes providing a credit card even though this will not be charged if your session is <30 min and you are within 3 years of purchase.
  2. Download "Charging America" app from the App Store on your phone. Go through the menu in the upper left to login to your Porsche Connect account, and configure your car and double check that your subscription is valid.
    Porsche Taycan Charging Your Taycan Demonstration Using Porsche Connect App Electrify America 1
    Porsche Taycan Charging Your Taycan Demonstration Using Porsche Connect App Electrify America 2

I'm already logged in, but where you see that option you'll find "Log In".

Seems to work like a charm after these steps for me.

Last edited:

AVLinGA

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s, 2018 Panamara Hybrid
Country flag
Great info, would love to hear from others, so I can get all the info when I pick mine up for a long trip, I was planning to put the EA chargers as the destination and thought that would make the battery heat up upon destination. I will only be using EA chargers, or is there a better manual process I should try?
IF you are planning a long trip, greater than 200 miles, make sure you have a back up charger in addition to the primary one to stop at. EV American is good but I have been to a few where the 150 and 350 stations were not in service, I used the 50Kw to add some milage but needed to go to a back up. If I didn't have that planned and had to find one on the fly I would have been frustrated and not happy. The cars nav system is good but not great, and doesn't tell you the condition of the charger before you get there...I have the primary in the nave with backups written down so I can easily redirect the nav directions if needed.
I find you need to prepare more for a trip with the Taycan, but a little preparation goes a long way.
Happy travels.
Sponsored