Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Thanks and good luck with yours !
what spec did you go for ?

funny you should mention that alarm problem as it just started an hour ago !! Going off out of no where every ten minutes or so . Any ideas how to solve ?
Oh Lord, don’t ask me questions…

Fitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayman 981 GT4
Country flag
Thanks and good luck with yours !
what spec did you go for ?

funny you should mention that alarm problem as it just started an hour ago !! Going off out of no where every ten minutes or so . Any ideas how to solve ?
Double click the lock to disable the internal sensor or the checkbox when you turn it off. I am waiting on a more permanent solution. Its something to do with the sensitivity of the tilt sensor or internal sensor in the car. I have the monitored alarm and the call centre ring me every time to see is it ok....total PIA for an otherwise flawless car.

OP
OP
grahamtparker1979

grahamtparker1979

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Double click the lock to disable the internal sensor or the checkbox when you turn it off. I am waiting on a more permanent solution. Its something to do with the sensitivity of the tilt sensor or internal sensor in the car. I have the monitored alarm and the call centre ring me every time to see is it ok....total PIA for an otherwise flawless car.
Thanks ! Dojo level click the lock button on the key is it ?

Brian IRL

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW E30 Cabriolet, VW ID4
Country flag
Congrats on your car, saw your M3P when I was down picking up some mats earlier today. Haven’t seen another one in that colour on the roads in Ireland yet.

be very interested to get your views of turbo vs rwd

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
Looks badass. Very cool color...... don't see many if any of these. And the balck wheels add just the right amount of sinister to set the color off. Bravo.

OP
OP
grahamtparker1979

grahamtparker1979

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Congrats on your car, saw your M3P when I was down picking up some mats earlier today. Haven’t seen another one in that colour on the roads in Ireland yet.

be very interested to get your views of turbo vs rwd
Thanks Brian , heard two more same colour going out this month (RWD as well)
So far feels very similar to the other Taycan’s albeit the power change feels very obvious

4sCT21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 MK 2 MR2 GT T-Bar, 2002 Volvo S80
Country flag
Stop hogging all the Taycan‘s ;) ?

Funny to hear you go full circle with the models, glad to see that the RWD still feels like a Taycan.

Hope you enjoy this ownership experience.

bah1590

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4
Country flag
Really like the contrast of coffee and the black. Wrapping those door handles in black would be the finishing touch especially since you have the power charger doors. I have a white CT4 which I bought from the dealer all blacked out except the door handles. Added the wrap and it really made a difference. Have fun!

DL_AU

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (previously 911 Carrera T)
Country flag
The colour combination works well to my eye. Like fashion brands, some colours come with an in-built personality (or at least an expectation thereof). Red, Miami Blue, Mamba Green.... (By the way, I think they are all great options.) On the other hand, some colours are more of a blank canvas - you can evoke a personality based on the subtle options you select for the car. Black, white, and beige are examples of this. The subtle choices you've made result in a very confident yet understated look. By making the details and interior black, you've done what FA Porsche did in his designs: If in doubt, make it black.

Just for a laugh: Beige doesn't always work out this way. A couple of years ago, a particularly 'beige' 928 appeared at a local dealer. It turned out that all those years ago it had been specified by a disgruntled employee on his last day of work - as a kind of 'F U' to the dealership, he had specified a colour that no one had ever bought.
Porsche Taycan Collected my third new Taycan today 1642932741445

psancla

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Gentian Blue, Mustang Mach E RWD
Country flag
I collected my Taycan 4S in early November 2021. The alarm issue started that day and plagued me until I decided that turning off the interior surveillance might solve the problem and since doing that it has behaved perfectly. Not an ideal solution but better than getting phone calls from vodafone almost every time I parked the car. I still have TPM, camera and E sound intermittent faults but hope to get them fixed at my next visit to Dublin when I also hope to get my second key. I have been unable to get My Porsche App to work and my porsche account has not updated from the car since the 12th January 2022 so if anyone knows how to fix that any advice would be appreciated as porsche smart mobility have not been forthcoming with a fix.

Fitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayman 981 GT4
Country flag
I am just impressed with the acting talent of the service manager being so genuinely surprised when I reported the alarm problem, I was sure it was a totally new one on him...well trained I suppose :clap:.
Sponsored