whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
I’m actually not certain what is considered the allocation exactly, will defer to @WasserGKuehlt if he has a specific definition we should use going forward
Sponsored

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
By Allocation date, do you mean the Expected Start of Production date (Allocation slot)?
If so, @whan Please add 06/24 to my entry.

Or if it means the date you got the allocation assigned then mine is the day I put down the deposit 04/03 as the dealer has available allocation when I walked in.
I meant V200. The deposit date is irrelevant, really - if it's the same as allocation (as was the case for you and, I think, whitex) then it's superseded by V200; if it isn't (I just reserved a spot in a line with a dealer and waited), then what we're trying to measure is distorted by the queue length that {dealer, model} combination. Plus build slots are swapped/traded by dealers all the time.

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
I meant V200. The deposit date is irrelevant, really - if it's the same as allocation (as was the case for you and, I think, whitex) then it's superseded by V200; if it isn't (I just reserved a spot in a line with a dealer and waited), then what we're trying to measure is distorted by the queue length that {dealer, model} combination. Plus build slots are swapped/traded by dealers all the time.
Got it. Visited the dealer on 04/03, I received TYD welcome email on 04/04 so it must mean that I’m in Porsche system for the allocation but my V200 is actually 05/03 per the screenshot from SA.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Got it. Visited the dealer on 04/03, I received TYD welcome email on 04/04 so it must mean that I’m in Porsche system for the allocation but my V200 is actually 05/03 per the screenshot from SA.
I may have confused myself, and perhaps there is no "V" milestone for an allocation. I don't know if V070 (demand for vehicle recorded) implies an authorization on Porsche's part (go ahead and take the deposit money - that would mean a 'slot'/'allocation') or is just expressing an intent on dealer's part.

In any case, my intent was to subtract the "waiting for an allocation" interval. P of Bellevue would have had me at #12 in mid-July; I'd probably still be waiting now.

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
I may have confused myself, and perhaps there is no "V" milestone for an allocation. I don't know if V070 (demand for vehicle recorded) implies an authorization on Porsche's part (go ahead and take the deposit money - that would mean a 'slot'/'allocation') or is just expressing an intent on dealer's part.

In any case, my intent was to subtract the "waiting for an allocation" interval. P of Bellevue would have had me at #12 in mid-July; I'd probably still be waiting now.
Since P of Bellevue had the RWD allocation available when I walked in so I never been at V070 and started off at V170 (PAG handling necessary) on 04/04 right after the deposit, waiting for Porsche AG to confirmed the spec and it then changed to V200 on 05/03. In this case - the appropriate date for me would be 04/04 for allocation date.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I mean, if they are putting batteries into later produced cars on the production line before the cars that have been waiting and missing them, causing earlier produced cars to arrive after later ones, I think it’s a reasonable thought that it’s a bit unfair

Just for example, someone’s CT4 locked at the end of August and already is on a ship now. There are those of us whose orders locked at least 4 months before and yet aren’t on ships yet.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/november-2022-deliveries.12408/post-195785
I don't believe the dealer is making the decisions around production, and I would expect if a dealer did, they would fight hard to prioritize their customers so they can get paid, so it is odd to ask them to pay for some people being unlucky.

As for your example, we will see. He did mention "I still don't know it will come with 12V battery and Bose." so we have no idea if that person had any priority and as noted in that thread, many cars are being shipped and held at dealers. Besides, if he was lucky and does get a complete car, maybe he should pay a penalty to those that weren't lucky ;)

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I don't believe the dealer is making the decisions around production, and I would expect if a dealer did, they would fight hard to prioritize their customers so they can get paid, so it is odd to ask them to pay for some people being unlucky.
I think we understand that, and there are threads/people writing directly to PCNA. But the dealer is the only point of contact, and the hope is that this discontent is aggregated (by every dealer) and further relayed to Porsche. The cost (whether it's a set of mats or hard cash) will no doubt be passed on to the manufacturer in some form or another.

Omar-iceland

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
In all honesty, would rather have a delayed MY2022 than a MY2023 without Burmester or Bose
I was notified last week from my Porsche dealer here in Reykjavik Iceland, that my 2023 Taycan would NOT have the ordered Bose sound system installed. This was a bit of a shocker, but as far as I know, this is final ... and they're not even giving the chance to upgrade to Burmeister. I've got two questions; are they making any compensations to customers, and how does the standard sound system sound? .. any info???
Sponsored