Finbo

First Name
Finlay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
If you're experiencing extraordinary delays, I'd consider calling 1-800-PORSCHE, asking for Customer Relations, and opening a case. See if you're able to squeeze something out of them...
I have opened a case in the UK but the reply to my complaints weren’t answered and more a your salesman will keep you up to date. I did get a call from my dealer but it was to say Porsche UK rang him to see what he knew about my car. My reply to Porsche UK email was WHAT A WASTE OF TIME

We will see if it helps with comprehension in the UK but not holding my breath
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
For newer members of the forum: last year, Porsche made compensation for delays.
My delivery day was May 31, 2021, car has been built on July 19, I got it on September 17 (TPMS chip shortage).
Compensation: 2000€ (+2500€ from a dealer as a discount for winter tyres/wheels).

xy911jk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have heard members in Italy getting around 1800-2000€ compensation in terms of extended warranty and shop credit, for delays regarding 12V battery shortage. I am in the same boat but no news of compensation yet. Will follow up once I know.
Correct.

And, as I was not interested in extending the warranty, they allowed me to use the whole credit (1.800€) against a winter tires kit.

car ordered Dec 12 2021, for exp. delivery June 30 2022
« completed » July 15
delivered to dealer Aug 29
delivered to me Oct 24

Last edited:

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
I can't see this happening in the UK to be honest given the conversations ive had with my salesperson and Porsche UK.

Chris H

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bentley GT3R, BMWi3s, LR Discovery, Pershing 52
Country flag
I can't see this happening in the UK to be honest given the conversations ive had with my salesperson and Porsche UK.
Same here, they don’t give shit, I was hoping for some form of courtesy car until ours arrives………I was given a car hire company contact details.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mostly from a fairness perspective - the way it looks like its shaking out there is about 2 months of build dates that saw a significantly greater delay than everyone else.
I don't think anyone is being treated unfairly. This seems far more a matter of bad luck based on configuration and parts availability due to war in Ukraine and continued global supply issues. We are at a point that they can't even provide the electronic steering wheel adjustment anymore.

Vercingetorix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
If Porsche runs their business like my previous employer, they will consider late cars late, and parts will not be prioritized for them. The ones on the production line get priority so they will not be late also.

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
I don't think anyone is being treated unfairly. This seems far more a matter of bad luck based on configuration and parts availability due to war in Ukraine and continued global supply issues. We are at a point that they can't even provide the electronic steering wheel adjustment anymore.
I mean, if they are putting batteries into later produced cars on the production line before the cars that have been waiting and missing them, causing earlier produced cars to arrive after later ones, I think it’s a reasonable thought that it’s a bit unfair

I understand that logistically this may be easier but most people would generally expect FIFO as far as order to delivery, at least for a geographical region and model. It theoretically is under their control to have paused the orders that were waiting to be built in order to get batteries into the ones waiting for 12Vs. Again, probably not the most efficient, but in this case Porsche is making a decision to prioritize efficiency over fairness

Just for example, someone’s CT4 locked at the end of August and already is on a ship now. There are those of us whose orders locked at least 4 months before and yet aren’t on ships yet.

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/november-2022-deliveries.12408/post-195785

Last edited:

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
I like and support this idea - not necessarily for the sake of compensation, but just because more data is better..? On other forums, people are tracking deliveries with spreadsheets. I've been looking (just for a bit) into setting one up and have it pinned but can't quite figure out the primitives of this platform. Ideally it'd be a "shared asset", editable by (all and only) logged-in users.

At a minimum, the captured data should include the allocation timestamp (deposit and freeze are not sufficient), as well as the type of order; KF (Kundenfahrzeuge) would be different than, say, something meant for dealer stock. It's unlikely such a thing exists now still with the Taycan, but may become common again as production starts moving.

backslashed

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Following up that I was also offered an extra year of warranty and a small display car in my model, for the 12V battery delay.

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
My car came up as produced on 2nd September, so finished a few days prior. No 12v battery. Delivery date still 11/11/2022 but car hasn’t moved or been given a battery, according to my dealer (update Monday 31/10/2022). Have been told it is very unlikely to be there on that date (no surprise considering it’s not moved to his knowledge), and the dealer is waiting for an update from Germany. So the wait continues with no firm end date in sight. Dealer has been fine, Porsche comms have not. I highly doubt I’ll see compensation, although my dealer has offered another experience day

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I like and support this idea - not necessarily for the sake of compensation, but just because more data is better..? On other forums, people are tracking deliveries with spreadsheets. I've been looking (just for a bit) into setting one up and have it pinned but can't quite figure out the primitives of this platform. Ideally it'd be a "shared asset", editable by (all and only) logged-in users.

At a minimum, the captured data should include the allocation timestamp (deposit and freeze are not sufficient), as well as the type of order; KF (Kundenfahrzeuge) would be different than, say, something meant for dealer stock. It's unlikely such a thing exists now still with the Taycan, but may become common again as production starts moving.
Ask and ye shall receive. I’ve created this in two parts - one is a form that people should submit in order to update the sheet. As long as you use the same consistent username, the output will only show the latest date you’ve submitted (IE you can submit the form multiple times in order to update for latest). Note I didn’t include the allocation date as I don’t think most people have it anymore without asking their dealer. I don’t know mine for example. So I just kept it as freeze date as the closest approximation

The input form is here

The output sheet, with the full data that can be filtered (but not edited directly) as well as summary stats by model year, location, and model type is here

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Ask and ye shall receive. I’ve created this in two parts
Awesome! (stands up and claps). I was hoping we'd start a new thread for this - TYTYDD.
Also, the allocation is pretty important (if known) - just ask folks like poppap, whitex (or me).

whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Awesome! (stands up and claps). I was hoping we'd start a new thread for this - TYTYDD.
Also, the allocation is pretty important (if known) - just ask folks like poppap, whitex (or me).
I just added it to the form and main output - didn’t include it in the summary stats, I might if we really get enough people who know / input but otherwise will leave it off the summary for now

poppap

First Name
Pop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan RWD (PNYVW213)
Country flag
By Allocation date, do you mean the Expected Start of Production date (Allocation slot)?
If so, @whan Please add 06/24 to my entry.

Or if it means the date you got the allocation assigned then mine is the day I put down the deposit 04/03 as the dealer has available allocation when I walked in.

It may help to add Alt text under this section in the form to clarify.
Sponsored

Last edited: