babaloo

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan 4S, '21 Taycan, '19 Cayenne. '20 580S
Country flag
I love my Taycan, but haven't gone too far with my 4S with range fear. I have 5 apps that display charging locations (charging, plugshre, elecrtrify america, abrp,..) but they require iphone access

Does Porsche have an app that is integrated into the car? what do you recommend?
Sponsored

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You can discover charging station locations in the Nav. After you click on Search for destination there is a dedicated button to find nearby chargers.
However to initiate charging at those chargers you need the right application (and an account) or to use your credit card and pay on the spot.
I suggest that you create ChargePoint and EVGo accounts, and download their apps. Also use Porsche Charging NA app for EA stations.

Porsche Taycan Confused with all the charging apps.. 20210511_081910

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
For free charging, you can hope for Plug and Charge to work. For apps, you only need the Porsche Connect app if you don't want to deal with lots of different apps and want to stick to EA stations.

And as mentioned above, the nav can be used to find chargers, and if you set one as a destination, it'll prep the battery so charging will be faster.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
For free charging, you can hope for Plug and Charge to work. For apps, you only need the Porsche Connect app if you don't want to deal with lots of different apps and want to stick to EA stations.

And as mentioned above, the nav can be used to find chargers, and if you set one as a destination, it'll prep the battery so charging will be faster.
this answer while not wrong is not complete, the only way to access the free charging at the EA units if plug and charge doesn't work for you is to use the porsche NA app. the porsche connect app will not get a session started

OP
OP

babaloo

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
this answer while not wrong is not complete, the only way to access the free charging at the EA units if plug and charge doesn't work for you is to use the porsche NA app. the porsche connect app will not get a session started

Is the Porsche NA app the same as 'my porsche' ? I currently have 'connect' and 'my porsche'

Thank you

OP
OP

babaloo

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You want Charging NA.

A57E13E9-FD75-4A07-B741-A47D3CFBED36.png
so, do the results from Charging NA appear in the NAV screen in center console? THis is wher i started this post -- do you need multiple iphone apps to fimd charging stations, or are they integrated into the NAV?

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
so, do the results from Charging NA appear in the NAV screen in center console? THis is wher i started this post -- do you need multiple iphone apps to fimd charging stations, or are they integrated into the NAV?
yes, these chargers are in the nav but you need this app and an active subscription to the Porsche Charging Service to initiate the charge once you arrive. You cant do that from the nav. Plug and Charge might work but don’t rely on that.

Gambler

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN 4
Country flag
All i'm using are the "Connect" and "Charging NA" that is it. Charging app (shown in the picture above), works perfect and have all what you need. In addition, to the car navigation.

OP
OP

babaloo

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
All i'm using are the "Connect" and "Charging NA" that is it. Charging app (shown in the picture above), works perfect and have all what you need. In addition, to the car navigation.
thank you all..

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I've charged (for free) with the Porsche Connect app many times. The latest version of the app kind of sucks for it though, because you can't go back to see the main app page while charging.

You just go to the map tab, click the charger pin, and follow the prompts.

Raek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, E92 M3, Wrangler TJ
Country flag
I've charged (for free) with the Porsche Connect app many times. The latest version of the app kind of sucks for it though, because you can't go back to see the main app page while charging.

You just go to the map tab, click the charger pin, and follow the prompts.
Yep. I've been using the connect app exclusively to charge (for free).

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
The Porsche apps are what you need to charge for free at the high speed EA chargers. However, I highly recommend downloading PlugShare as well. The Porsche apps won't show you a level 2 charger at your destination, e.g., hotel, restaurant, etc., whereas PlugShare shows everything depending on your settings.

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
I love my Taycan, but haven't gone too far with my 4S with range fear. I have 5 apps that display charging locations (charging, plugshre, elecrtrify america, abrp,..) but they require iphone access

Does Porsche have an app that is integrated into the car? what do you recommend?
For a recent 5,000 mile Western U.S. loop, I primarily used A Better Route Planner to start, cross checking on locations with PlugShare. Dialing up Electrify America to see if stations were online and using ChargePoint on the backroads.

After knowing the plan, then I entered my next charging spot into the Taycan’s navigation to get the detailed play by play. A few times I had to use Google Maps if the Taycan Nav was confused.. ABRP was really my “Go to” guide.
Sponsored