RGVDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
You can tell I get the car soon as I am now considering the practicality of an electric car out on the road for business / distance journeys.

So far I have downloaded

- Zapmap (only the free version so far, is it worth paying for the upgraded version?)
- Electric Juice (by Octopus as we are talking to them about salary sacrifice for people at work)
- BP Pulse.

Any others I should get and what's your initial go to one?

Thanks
Sponsored

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
You can tell I get the car soon as I am now considering the practicality of an electric car out on the road for business / distance journeys.

So far I have downloaded

- Zapmap (only the free version so far, is it worth paying for the upgraded version?)
- Electric Juice (by Octopus as we are talking to them about salary sacrifice for people at work)
- BP Pulse.

Any others I should get and what's your initial go to one?

Thanks
EJ is a must have. Also an Octopus salary sacrificer. Plus works at Porsche superchargers where I charge.

Pod point is very useful as they have free 7kw to paid for 50kw chargers at places like Tesco and shopping centres. Depends where you live so check Zap Map and if there are any nearby get the app. Don’t forget to buy a 10m cable.

Shell / New Motion is available on the Porsche Charge Card and EJ. I presume you have downloaded the My Porsche app. Charging is now integrated in it.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I have never had to charge out and about but in case I do I have also got:
plugshare
shell recharge
instavolt
ionity
osprey
alfapower (MAP)
podpoint
mgf EV power
mer
tesla

I appreciate this might be overkill, but it is much easier to download at home and register than standing by a charger with patchy mobile connection in any weathers. It will only take a few minutes to download that lot and you will be fairly well covered. At least get the Tesla one as I think that is the only way to get theirs to work

OP
OP
RGVDave

RGVDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
EJ is a must have. Also an Octopus salary sacrificer. Plus works at Porsche superchargers where I charge.

Pod point is very useful as they have free 7kw to paid for 50kw chargers at places like Tesco and shopping centres. Depends where you live so check Zap Map and if there are any nearby get the app. Don’t forget to buy a 10m cable.

Shell / New Motion is available on the Porsche Charge Card and EJ. I presume you have downloaded the My Porsche app. Charging is now integrated in it.
I didn't mention My Porsche, I think I have downloaded and submitted this correctly, card details submitted etc.. so with luck that's all OK (is this your initial go to app then?)

10M charge cable, haven't thought about that at all? Do you order them from Porsche?

Thanks for the info.

David

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I didn't mention My Porsche, I think I have downloaded and submitted this correctly, card details submitted etc.. so with luck that's all OK (is this your initial go to app then?)

10M charge cable, haven't thought about that at all? Do you order them from Porsche?

Thanks for the info.

David
My Porsche was my go to app since that is my main charging station. However, Porsche recently joined EJ which was brilliant as I got 5000 free miles as I didn’t have the home charger. They further gave me more miles to compensate for the dirty diesel I had to buy for a shit epace rental when I got the black screen of death on the instrument cluster and the car was in the shop for 3 weeks.

Get the cable from https://evonestop.co.uk/products/ev...e-2-to-type-2-32-amp-3-phase-22-kw-5-10-metre Porsche will murder your wallet. You need 10m as it is a BIG car and you cannot always park nose in. Just easier. I parked at a Bluewater pod point a few weeks back and had to do a 10 point turn to get in between 2 cars nose first. At which point I decided to get the 10m. I have the 5m linked also. Get the bag also. Tidy.

OP
OP
RGVDave

RGVDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My Porsche was my go to app since that is my main charging station. However, Porsche recently joined EJ which was brilliant as I got 5000 free miles as I didn’t have the home charger. They further gave me more miles to compensate for the dirty diesel I had to buy for a shit epace rental when I got the black screen of death on the instrument cluster and the car was in the shop for 3 weeks.

Get the cable from https://evonestop.co.uk/products/ev...e-2-to-type-2-32-amp-3-phase-22-kw-5-10-metre Porsche will murder your wallet. You need 10m as it is a BIG car and you cannot always park nose in. Just easier. I parked at a Bluewater pod point a few weeks back and had to do a 10 point turn to get in between 2 cars nose first. At which point I decided to get the 10m. I have the 5m linked also. Get the bag also. Tidy.
Great advise, buying that 10M hose and bag now. Didn't think about that at all..

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great advise, buying that 10M hose and bag now. Didn't think about that at all..
As Midlife says, Instavolt also useful as at gyms and shopping centres round here. And of course Tesla. Used the Lakeside one a while back.

OP
OP
RGVDave

RGVDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
As Midlife says, Instavolt also useful as at gyms and shopping centres round here. And of course Tesla. Used the Lakeside one a while back.
On app store, there seem a few Tesla app options
Tesla / Superchargers for Tesla / Charge my Tesla / Supercharger for Tesla.. which one ?

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
On app store, there seem a few Tesla app options
Tesla / Superchargers for Tesla / Charge my Tesla / Supercharger for Tesla.. which one ?
It's just called Tesla on my app
Porsche Taycan Best UK Charging Apps Screenshot_2022-07-25-10-59-20-414_com.miui.home

Also if the EV charger is on EJ you don't need the separate app

Porsche Taycan Best UK Charging Apps IMG_20220725_105817

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The other advantage of the 10m lead is because as a new EV driver you will encounter EV retards who plug into the wrong charger meaning everyone else has to follow suit creating a speghetti junction of cables all plugged into the wrong chargers. It doesn't reset until no cars are there so can last all day. I was at a Podpoint last week and the car to my right was plugged into my bay's charger, so I had to plug into their bay's charger. Some will do it as their lead is too short. Which is inconsiderate. It's still the EV wild west so common sense and courtesy have not been invented yet. Others are just really stoopid.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Just 'Tesla' but mind to use the 'Charge Your Non-Tesla' option in the app and to have pre-registered a payment card.

Not all Tesla Supercharger locations are available to non-Tesla users so check that too (via the Tesla app).

OP
OP
RGVDave

RGVDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag

Porsche Taycan Best UK Charging Apps Cable

Delivered and ready to go, thanks

OP
OP
RGVDave

RGVDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
It should fit in the frunk. You just have to remember the old scout skill of winding up a rope each time you use it.
I am so new to this, I was surprised at how heavy it was, but obviously it should be for a 10M cable.

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wait until you have to lug a supercharger cable over the bonnet and bend it into the left side DC plug. Better start working those biceps.
Sponsored