4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
My first year of ownership I hardly ever saw any Notifications pop on the PCM and now it seems they are popping up constantly while driving, multiple times per trip. I thought "I'll ask the forum guys about this" and then I decided I should do my own homework and so I parked to look at them from the Main Menu. So I went there and tapped "Notifications" and it says I have "zero Notifications." Now I have FOMO and wonder whether I am missing anything important.

Thank goodness the car continues to drive like a dream!
Sponsored

Kranky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacycan CT Incoming
Country flag
CT4 here -- had 3 or 4 notifications with about 3 hours of driving today.

I just ignore them.

--K

TXSchnee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Taycan CT 4S, '24 BMW XM, '23 Honda Ridgeline
Country flag
Multiple notifications pop up every drive now, started a week or two ago. '23 CT 4S.

JIP1080

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I appreciate you calling this out. I received a few during a single trip Thursday morning and had the thought that it was a lot. But given I was driving in ATL rush hour traffic the update notifications were decidedly not my focus 🤣

jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
I'm getting a lot of Apple Music notifications lately. I don't mind them cause the Apple Music function now actually works! 1.5 years in and it finally works!!!

andix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.1 S, Taycan Turbo (4/21), others
Country flag
Apple Music worked for me since Day 1…but I am using Spotify since quite a while.

Q: what notifications, can you share a pic?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Porsche user experience was designed by engineers implementing the software (vs. someone with automotive user experience design background), but then the engineers were in turn forced to add marketing driven notifications. So the PCM ends up letting the driver know every time it loads the next set of map tiles on the trip, and telling the driver, in the middle of a drive, that they can talk to the car to do stuff, or some other new feature. Yes Porsche, I really want to know about the new voice control feature while I'm passing a row cars at 100mph over a mountain pass (80mph speed limit, they do 55 uphill but downhill they roll at 90). :facepalm: Of course having the ability to check the messages at the end of the drive instead of in the middle of a drive, well, that feature got deprioritized. They block the on-screen keyboard and most of the settings functions while driving, to keep the driver from getting distracted, but why not pop up a whole bunch of engineering or marketing notification, right? :facepalm:

I stopped worrying about PCM messages while driving on my way home from the dealer (3,500 miles). If it's important, they will email it or at least show it in the messages I can retrieve when the car is parked.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
BING!

The map has been updated!

BING!

(also, now that the map has been updated – let's also replan the route and have you stop off at the broken 50 kW charger behind the disused petrol station that will get you murdered).

ChronoMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT
Country flag
we almost daily get

" your SiriusXM subscription has been updated"
OK

Not very useful. Wish that could be turned off. This software makes one not very excited for future Porsche EV offerings. Macan EV reportedly delayed at least a year due to software. Not sure if I want to bother waiting for the K1.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I've been getting more since Wednesday morning. PCM went to spinning circle while driving, nav continued to work on dash and head up displays. Car lost connectivity and triggered a tracker alert and call from Vodafone.

Two finger reset sorted display and connectivity resumed, but since then, more notifications....

pshrosbree

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Cross Turismo 4 (Y1BBD1)
Country flag
Multiple notifications pop up every drive now, started a week or two ago. '23 CT 4S.
I’d say it has been happening for about two months now with my 2022 CT4. These notifications are apart from map updates. Hey are always the same six notifications. Deleting them causes them to arrive the next time I drive. Not deleting them has the same effect. I’m can’t see what else I am supposed to do with them. I do not believe these are new notifications, and I find it annoying that I keep getting them. I would like notifications when there are indeed updates, but repeatedly telling me I have received updates I have already been informed about it very annoying.

I also cannot see how to suppress the notifications about homelink that appears every time I am near home. That is spurious too, and interferes with my use of the user interface for other functions when I am driving into my garage.

It would be great if Porsche hired a few decent UX designers for their software. It would go a long way to making their product feel high quality.

Porsche Taycan What's with all the Notifications IMG_0670

kwrudy123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I’d say it has been happening for about two months now with my 2022 CT4. These notifications are apart from map updates. Hey are always the same six notifications. Deleting them causes them to arrive the next time I drive. Not deleting them has the same effect. I’m can’t see what else I am supposed to do with them. I do not believe these are new notifications, and I find it annoying that I keep getting them. I would like notifications when there are indeed updates, but repeatedly telling me I have received updates I have already been informed about it very annoying.

I also cannot see how to suppress the notifications about homelink that appears every time I am near home. That is spurious too, and interferes with my use of the user interface for other functions when I am driving into my garage.

It would be great if Porsche hired a few decent UX designers for their software. It would go a long way to making their product feel high quality.

IMG_0670.jpeg
This has been a constant annoyance for months on my 2023 GTS as well! Like others on this post, I tried swiping left to delete them (sometimes 12-15 of them), only to have them reappear a few days later. Finally, when I arrived home one day with 15 more of the same update or tip notifications, I tried opening a few and responding to the prompts. One of the prompts was to "Ignore" the notification, which I selected. I did that on a few more, then the PCM displayed a new message, asking me if I wanted to stop receiving tips from the PCM. I gleefully, selected "Yes". That was a few days ago and I haven't received any new tip notifications since then. Hopefully, problem resolved.

Unfortunately, after extensive searching online, in the PCM manual (both paper and digital), I could not find any reference to the ability to turn on or off OTA Tips. Very frustrating that one has to deal with this and solve it through trial and error!