Connect app “vehicle not available”

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Seems my vehicle is not able to connect itself to the Porsche servers. I can’t see the current state of charge and furthermore I can’t see charging status via the EA Charging app
Anyone experience this before?
Sponsored

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Seems my vehicle is not able to connect itself to the Porsche servers. I can’t see the current state of charge and furthermore I can’t see charging status via the EA Charging app
Did you check that privacy mode is inactive?
Porsche Taycan Connect app “vehicle not available” Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 4.42.41 PM

OP
OP

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes privacy mode is inactive.
Strange thing is this seemed to have happened suddenly. It’s been months of working fine.

Did you check that privacy mode is inactive?
Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 4.42.41 PM.png

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
This happens all the time to me on my 4S and my wife's Cayenne E-Hybrid. Sometimes it'll stop working and a few days to weeks later come back on again without doing anything. Other times I have to delete our profile from the vehicles and reset it. Sometimes this works, other times it doesn't.

Overall though, I've come to not rely on it. The software is such ass. Thankfully the car is so beautiful I don't really care.

OP
OP

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hmm yeah I feel like I have def experienced brief outages before… maybe like a day or two.

I’ll give it some more time before try deleting/adding the profile

This happens all the time to me on my 4S and my wife's Cayenne E-Hybrid. Sometimes it'll stop working and a few days to weeks later come back on again without doing anything. Other times I have to delete our profile from the vehicles and reset it. Sometimes this works, other times it doesn't.

Overall though, I've come to not rely on it. The software is such ass. Thankfully the car is so beautiful I don't really care.

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
Yep, same thing last night. I was charging the car (4S but I don't think that the exact model matters) and the app refused to connect no matter how many times I closed and opened it as well as reboot my phone. Went to the garage with the key in hand and removed the charger from the car. Voila! Opened the app and it immediately connected showing current SOC and mileage. Not sure that this helps you but this has happened more than once.................and it always seems to resolve itself.

cgfrndpor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E-Tron; 2021 4S; ex_BMW540
Country flag
take a look at the right side of the upper screen; do you see LTE or two arrowheads with a cross line. Mine showed the latter and wouldn't connect. Had to return to the dealer for a reset. Has worked fine since.

OP
OP

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
oh ok yes I see the two arrowheads crossed out. guess I’ll just have to bring it in. Thanks!

take a look at the right side of the upper screen; do you see LTE or two arrowheads with a cross line. Mine showed the latter and wouldn't connect. Had to return to the dealer for a reset. Has worked fine since.

cgfrndpor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
oh ok yes I see the two arrowheads crossed out. guess I’ll just have to bring it in. Thanks!
if it stays that way, I was told it was the only way to address. The info I received from Porsche call site was as follows:
"you will need to visit your dealer and ask them to bring the devices online via the tester. Furthermore, please ask them to create a fresh VAL and recheck the status of all devices"

OP
OP

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
haha and of course everything resolved itself today after charging at an EA station.

if it stays that way, I was told it was the only way to address. The info I received from Porsche call site was as follows:
"you will need to visit your dealer and ask them to bring the devices online via the tester. Furthermore, please ask them to create a fresh VAL and recheck the status of all devices"

cgfrndpor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
haha and of course everything resolved itself today after charging at an EA station.
great news; mine never did even after charging. glad to hear you avoided the service visit.

OP
OP

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
and..... it's back not working again haha. this time the "LTE" is displayed but it doesn't seem to sync with the Porsche servers.

i have a recall service to perform as well as FOD issues so i might be bringing it in anyway ?

great news; mine never did even after charging. glad to hear you avoided the service visit.
Sponsored