Connect App Authentication Error

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I've had my Taycan for a few weeks now and can say with great certainty that the apps are all total crap. If you use them on your iPhone, my iPad or my Android pixel, the apps will do half the job. They are simply useless. The only thing that usually works in everyday life is the web interface. I put this as a shortcut on my home screen.
Moved to new Samsung phone, now I get this error! Cannot use the app, but I can logon on any browser on the phone. Same problem on my old phone after the latest update!
Sponsored

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I've had my Taycan for a few weeks now and can say with great certainty that the apps are all total crap. If you use them on your iPhone, my iPad or my Android pixel, the apps will do half the job. They are simply useless. The only thing that usually works in everyday life is the web interface. I put this as a shortcut on my home screen.
I can login on any browser on my phone and connect to the Porsche server. But I can not switch on the pre-cooling. Can you control this without the app?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I can login on any browser on my phone and connect to the Porsche server. But I can not switch on the pre-cooling. Can you control this without the app?
If you can't use the app, make the setting in the PCM for preset pre-cool / heating. When you app is working again it should pick-up the timer / profiles as per what has been set on the PCM.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
If you can't use the app, make the setting in the PCM for preset pre-cool / heating. When you app is working again it should pick-up the timer / profiles as per what has been set on the PCM.
It works again on the browser, but not always. Today, I could not switch on the pre-cool. I guess it was the SoC of the battery, which might have been below 25%. A short drive later I tried to switch on pre-cool in the car and I got at least an error message!

Needless to say, that I still cannot use the connect app with error:

Porsche Taycan Connect App Authentication Error 1624787249669

Had a ticket open, Porsche replied with an email to the dealer, but they had no clue, neither about the email nor how to fix it.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
1624787249669.png

Finally figured it out! The app from the Huawei app store works now. If I get an update of this app from the play store, it overrides the Chinese one and I cannot login with above error. I then have to delete the play store version and reinstall the Huawei store version. :like: