Connectivity and WiFi hotspot work perfectly on mine !

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Connectivity and WiFi have been working on mine since delivery on July 1st. Both the hotspot with functional connection and the full green ring in Connect. I live in Spain and that may be the difference. Attached are photos showing the connection status and three speedtests. First one shows LTE connection with lousy coverage at my home. Second one is WiFi on my home high-speed fiber connection and the last one is with the Taycan’s hotspot. Ping delay is large on the hotspot, but speed is not bad, considering the poor coverage.
Porsche Taycan Connectivity and WiFi hotspot work perfectly on mine ! 2ECC2A24-D1F9-4CB5-9045-D9F354AB8A79
Porsche Taycan Connectivity and WiFi hotspot work perfectly on mine ! B8BB726C-E77D-4BFE-BD08-AB88B1FEE8A9
Porsche Taycan Connectivity and WiFi hotspot work perfectly on mine ! 595408C3-7E17-4363-996D-7E6CE98DB2FE
Porsche Taycan Connectivity and WiFi hotspot work perfectly on mine ! 0335B17E-6573-489D-9130-81C13117DB97

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Note I pay 19€ a month for the 7GB of data. I agree that there are cheaper, faster, and more reliable connections. But really, people complaining about paying about $250 a year after spending 6 figures on a car is disproportionate IMHO. On the other hand, my AMG’s included 3 years of connectivity in the price. However, if you want to see the full green circle... this is what there is.

dredman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 2020 Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, previously 2019 BMW M5, 2016 BMW 5.0 X6, BMW N54 335i, BMW N54 Z4 35i, Nissan 350Z, Jeep Wrangler 4.0, Mazda Miata.
Country flag
Note I pay 19€ a month for the 7GB of data. I agree that there are cheaper, faster, and more reliable connections. But really, people complaining about paying about $250 a year after spending 6 figures on a car is disproportionate IMHO. On the other hand, my AMG’s included 3 years of connectivity in the price. However, if you want to see the full green circle... this is what there is.
What is interesting is that I am not paying anything for my connection - which is why I assumed that to be the problem when I posted to this thread. Whenever I asked (and offered) to pay for the service PCNA, Porsche Connect, and 3 different dealers California had no idea what I was talking about.

My car got the latest SW update (2 weeks ago) and magically my LTE started working again..

As you say - paying $200,000 for a car and whining about $20 a month is a bit silly.. (wait until you see the bill for your Porsche Carbon Ceramic Brakes/Discs/Rotors, even the coated discs/rotors on my Turbo are a $12,000 wear item IIRC when they need replacement) .. I said as much in my emails .. I even went to AT&T and Verizon to see which of them is the carrier (I called both) - unfortunately (and surprisingly) having just the IMEI was insufficient to locate the car - they needed/wanted the ICCID for the eSIM which no-one seems to be able to locate.

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Today I received my monthly invoice and just noticed now that they charge an additional 9€ per extra GB :facepalm:
Porsche Taycan Connectivity and WiFi hotspot work perfectly on mine ! 3490510B-E2DB-49F7-A94D-B001FD8930F8

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
If you test with Speedtest, you don't know if you're testing the car's WiFi or the broadband of your phone or am I missing something?
You can't measure the speed of the car's WiFi cuz there's no application installed that measures the speed, unlike your phone.
Can you clarify that?

OP
OP
Pozuelo

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you test with Speedtest, you don't know if you're testing the car's WiFi or the broadband of your phone or am I missing something?
You can't measure the speed of the car's WiFi cuz there's no application installed that measures the speed, unlike your phone.
Can you clarify that?
Sure. I made sure I was connected to each service by checking my wifi settings and you can see I am connected with my phone to the car´s hotspot on the third photo. The identifier for the service says Cubic Telecom Limited. On the first one I am connected thru LTE with my mobile phone operator, Movistar. On the second one, connected to my home wifi service provided by Vodafone.

I attach an image from Cubic’s Telecom Limited website.
Porsche Taycan Connectivity and WiFi hotspot work perfectly on mine ! AB4F2C51-4E4A-4B6D-B01E-62293DF74C0C

BlueShoes

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Interesting. I'm due to schedule the service call to get my update loaded. I had read somewhere there was an active negotiation taking place in North America between Porsche and Verizon and ATT and that was speculated to be the reason our hotspots weren't active. Never got anything but question marks when I asked the dealer what the story was. It's not the end of the world but my cellular reception in my car is terrible so I'd like to be able to connect automatically when I'm driving for better reception. (wifi calling)

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
Interesting. I'm due to schedule the service call to get my update loaded. I had read somewhere there was an active negotiation taking place in North America between Porsche and Verizon and ATT and that was speculated to be the reason our hotspots weren't active. Never got anything but question marks when I asked the dealer what the story was. It's not the end of the world but my cellular reception in my car is terrible so I'd like to be able to connect automatically when I'm driving for better reception. (wifi calling)
FYI this works now if you pay $20/mo for it. The carrier is Verizon.

franksc

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Porsche 911, 2021 Audi Q7, 2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
FYI this works now if you pay $20/mo for it. The carrier is Verizon.
MY20 or MY21?

I noticed on connect site, if I just choose model Taycan it shows a $20 Verizon option, but when logged in with my VIN (MY20) you don't see option.

jimithing

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Macan Turbo, 2014 Panamera GTS
Country flag
MY20 or MY21?

I noticed on connect site, if I just choose model Taycan it shows a $20 Verizon option, but when logged in with my VIN (MY20) you don't see option.
MY21. Wireless CarPlay works for me too.
Sponsored