evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
...Yes you can buy a very expensive package from Porsche to have a data package for hotspot in the car...
FYI: Not in the USA.

The only purpose the Taycan HotSpot seems to serve in the USA is to grab the connectivity of unknowing/unsuspecting/mislead users - and then kill it.
Sponsored

jhawks9028

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Base
Country flag
I want to connect my BlackVue dashcam to my wifi so it uploads to the cloud and allows real-time viewing. Is the Verizon wifi always on?

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
My understanding is the built in wifi hot spot is a key connectivity component for wireless Android Auto and Apple Car Play.

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
My understanding is the built in wifi hot spot is a key connectivity component for wireless Android Auto and Apple Car Play.
Ed,

Now my car has decided to connect to the Taycan Hotspot as opposed to my ATT 5G network shortly after start up, and typically with a poor connection rendering Apple CarPlay and any internet access useless. Any thoughts of how to overcome this random changing of networks? I am going to speak to our dealer’s brand ambassador about this Tuesday. I had the ANA6 update about ten days ago and everything was great, this is a recent bug that has appeared the past couple of days. Frustrating.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche doesn't even bother to tell folks that they SHOULDN'T set up the WiFi connection on their phone as it will effectively kill internet access on your cell phone (for US customers anyway).

I also understand that this is worse for Android users than IOS users as some iPhone models may be able to automatically duplex data connectivity (both WiFi and 4G/5G simultaneously). I can not validate this claim one way or the other.

Delete the Taycan WiFi access point from your phone. It serves no purpose. It will only kill your Intenet access if you connect to it. At least turn off the automatic connect feature for that SSID...
@evanevery Thanks so much for your post. This happened to me a couple hours after I read your post. Deleting the Taycan wifi access point improved Android cell phone access in the car. Doubt I would have ever figured out the cause. I've stopped the auto connect for that SSID, and I know what to check in future.

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
@evanevery Thanks so much for your post. This happened to me a couple hours after I read your post. Deleting the Taycan wifi access point improved Android cell phone access in the car. Doubt I would have ever figured out the cause. I've stopped the auto connect for that SSID, and I know what to check in future.
Good morning,

My Iphone started being taken over by the Taycan Wi-Fi over the weekend for the first time ever…basically shutting off the uber stable ATT 5G connection Between my IPhone and the car. When that occurred, no more Pandora, no more Waze, and any internet based app on my IPhone was rendered useless. I disabled the Taycan Wi-Fi minutes ago, and everything is working properly, I mean perfectly. Is there any downside to not having a Wi-Fi connection from the Taycan to my IPhone? I can monitor the status of the car, the location of the vehicle etc. without the connection.
Thanks for your help…this hopefully saves yet another trip back to the dealership.

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Ed,

I had to disconnect my IPhone from the Taycan Wi-Fi because over the weekend, the Taycan Wi-Fi was kicking me off a very stable 5G connection through ATT effectively killing any internet required connection…CarPlay apps Pandora, Waze…as well as disabling any internet required apps on my cell phone. Why exactly do I need to connect to the Taycan WiFi? It seems purposeless. In closing, I can still actively track my state of charge, door lock status and location through the MyPorsche App on my IPhone.
Sponsored