Cooled vs ventilated seats

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Hi,
I am in the process of configuring and ordering soon a Taycan. One of the things that I am interested in having are cooled seats (i.e. with air conditioning pushed throw it), similar to what I have had on other car brands. I cannot however determine with certainty if one can configure the Taycan with such cooled seats (or if it is simply ambient temperature fan), and whether it blows air out of the seat leather or whether it sucks air in. They unfortunately don’t have in stock a car with the option that I can test.

The salesperson at the dealership only speaks German however which I cannot claim to understand to the fullest degree, and my online searches seem to indicate ventilation without cooling (i.e. fan).

Could anyone here please help me determine if it is indeed cooling or simple ventilation, and if cooling what the proper option code is?

Many thanks
Sponsored

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Not sure if the motors blow or suck, but its ambient air. They definitely do not use air-conditioned cold air... They are effective but not what I would call great, however I have not tried them when its really hot weather as yet...Not sure if that helps you...

OP
OP
tutis

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Thanks for your rapid reply. I could have sworn that I had been in a loaner Panamera with cooled seats, so I would have expected to have this available as well on the Taycan.

Cooled seats really help with black leather seats that sizzle when the car is left parked in the sun for a few hours during the summer.

Not sure if the motors blow or suck, but its ambient air. They definitely do not use air-conditioned cold air... They are effective but not what I would call great, however I have not tried them when its really hot weather as yet...Not sure if that helps you...

andrewket

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan Turbo, Tesla Y*2; Prev S,X,3,996TT
Country flag
I would have guessed that they’re air conditioned and that they blow, but I don’t know. They work 4x better than the ventilated seats that were briefly available on the Model S/X.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
I had the same want (and ultimate disappointment) with my Boxster 718 order. I expected “cooled” seats but they’re just ambient air. I had a Lexus once that had A/C cooled seats and the difference is quite noticeable.

so my workaround in the Boxster is to use the climate control system to direct cooled air into the footwell, which then gets picked up in the seat ventilation air stream. So that might work in the Taycan too; I haven’t tried yet.

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche seats are ventilated seats - not actively cooled. And they do not blow air out of the seat, they pull air into and through the seat cushion.... they suck, so to speak. But they do the job, in my opinion.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I had the same want (and ultimate disappointment) with my Boxster 718 order. I expected “cooled” seats but they’re just ambient air. I had a Lexus once that had A/C cooled seats and the difference is quite noticeable.

so my workaround in the Boxster is to use the climate control system to direct cooled air into the footwell, which then gets picked up in the seat ventilation air stream. So that might work in the Taycan too; I haven’t tried yet.
Lexus does have exceptional cooling seats

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
FWIW, those in my i-Pace are outstanding. Shame I’ve had so many issues with the rest of the car
I've had no issues with the I-Pace other than the cooled seats haha. It doest just cool like the Lexus
Early builds of the I-Pace are mostly lemons

OP
OP
tutis

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
I've had no issues with the I-Pace other than the cooled seats haha. It doest just cool like the Lexus
Early builds of the I-Pace are mostly lemons
The ipace I bought for my wife is a MY21 delivered in Dec 20; they’ve replaced over 10 modules and it’s spent 5 months of its 6 months life with the dealer (this is not an exaggeration). It’s still not fully working. Such a shame as it is a very comfortable drive.

lasik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo S
Country flag
I purchased this option and it is not working anymore. I push the button, the three blue lights come on and within 3 seconds automatically turn off. ugh. Looks like it is going back in for service.

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
The ipace I bought for my wife is a MY21 delivered in Dec 20; they’ve replaced over 10 modules and it’s spent 5 months of its 6 months life with the dealer (this is not an exaggeration). It’s still not fully working. Such a shame as it is a very comfortable drive.
I had my I Pace First Edition for almost 3 years & zero issues. Very comfortable car & colled seats worked first class.

Jaybo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I am in Texas... It's 100 degrees right now... and yes, they work and are fantastic to have in the summer!

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC

mikeva

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Base
Country flag
Not cooled - ventilated. No production vehicle has "cooled" seats per se.
My 2020 Ford F-150 has cooled, not ventilated, seats in the front.
Sponsored