simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
My 4s went for its first service today and the dealership rang to advise both cooling fans have seized and need replacing.
Its covered under the warranty - but has anyone else had similar issues?
Did Porsche replace both fans under warranty for you?

Explorer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, 992C4S, MB GLE 350 de
Country flag
I only clocked it last weekend when the front tyre was off getting replaced. I was pretty surprised it seems open to muck, stones and just about everything else getting thrown off the tyre inside the arch.

I’m no car designer and certainly no expert on this design and whether it’s good or indifferent.

Just seems quite vulnerable to my untrained eyes.
Just had my car back from having a wire harness replaced.
The service guys did see loads of gravel and grime after the winter (live in Sweden) stucked on fan blades and around the cooling engine - both completley stuck; they cleaned everything up for free - claiming it is a known Taycan issue - new fans and/or vent design is apparently under development.
For those of you living in areas with either winter conditions (sanded roads) or gravel roads - have it cleaned at least with your serivce.

(Swedish text on photo below if somoene cares to translate)
Porsche Taycan Cooling fan seized 467

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
on my summer tire swap i checked out access to the fan. They made the opening grid small enough so my finger didnt fit (they engineered for this), but did give them both a spin with a long thin screwdriver - spun with no issues - ill keep doing this test with my tire changes.

captainhoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, BMW X3 M40i
Country flag
I just had the same issue with my car (my car is with OPC now), both cooling fans ceased, and Porsche centre say it’s not covered by warranty but they have asked Porsche GB for goodwill contribution.

To me it’s a design flaw, placing the fans exposed to all the road grime is not very smart. Unless the replacement fans are completely redesigned, i can’t see how this is not going to happen again and again.

To add insult to injury, i now have to return my loan car (Macan provided by Porsche Assistance) because Porsche centre deems the fan issue not covered under warranty .

1AX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T
Country flag
I just had the same issue with my car (my car is with OPC now), both cooling fans ceased, and Porsche centre say it’s not covered by warranty but they have asked Porsche GB for goodwill contribution.

To me it’s a design flaw, placing the fans exposed to all the road grime is not very smart. Unless the replacement fans are completely redesigned, i can’t see how this is not going to happen again and again.

To add insult to injury, i now have to return my loan car (Macan provided by Porsche Assistance) because Porsche centre deems the fan issue not covered under warranty .
Was any goodwill offered on this in the end? In the same position myself now

captainhoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Was any goodwill offered on this in the end? In the same position myself now
Yes. Porsche Customer Services were involved and they covered the full cost of both fans, including labour under Goodwill . I spoke with the service advisor yesterday and they confirmed the new part is modified and basically we should not expect this to happen again.

1AX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T
Country flag
Yes. Porsche Customer Services were involved and they covered the full cost of both fans, including labour under Goodwill . I spoke with the service advisor yesterday and they confirmed the new part is modified and basically we should not expect this to happen again.
Thanks for that. Did your OPC handle the contact with Porsche Customer Services or did you go to them directly?

captainhoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for that. Did your OPC handle the contact with Porsche Customer Services or did you go to them directly?
OPC arranged it but I really didn’t feel confident with their follow up so I called the customer service and pushed as well.
Sponsored

Reactions: 1AX