4suser

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan cross turismo 4s
Country flag
Picked car up new 8 days back , then the recall message, thanks for the heads up from all, will keep an eye on it
Sponsored

PA4022

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Golf R Estate, 205 GTI, Taycan ST 4S
Country flag
I’ve just received the same message and got it added to the work when mine goes in for its battery seal test next month.

When i showed them the narrative they said that this recall is indeed for the PCM for the Taycan and that the oil filler is another recall on an ICE Porsche.

So looks to be just a miscommunication. There’s probably some ICE Porsche owners receiving a message that they need a new oil filler and Porsche will fix that by reprogramming the PCM!

Yoko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ST4S
Country flag
updated text now.. obviously corrected their mistake.. although not much detail.

Porsche Taycan Crazy recall for my Taycan Turbo - WPN8 Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 20.54.16

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
Updating the Connect control unit is good. This is the part that causes the issue where the car just randomly goes offline for a few hours to a few days.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
My car went to the dealer having the leak in the tailgate sealed and they informed me they were going to do a software update too.
I suppose this is it.
I shall look and see if it is reported anywhere in the PCM or app!

KenR

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Thx, please keep me posted.
Just got my car back from the dealership and they installed the WPN8 update - ”the only update available for your car sir” - and it indeed did update the PCM. I couldn’t bring myself to ask about the oil filler :)
Sponsored