Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
Recall completed Saturday. Took 1.5 hours.
Had my recall letter today.
Earliest date was 09/09/21. Was told Porsche are 100% sure that I can continue to drive until my appointment.
Mind you have had no issues with the car as yet but probably "sods" law now!
Thanks,
Sponsored

B_TaycanTurbo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Got my notice yesterday, called Porsche Albuquerque service manager Niles, and he looked up my car, verified it requires the power module software upgrade and put me in the queue to be scheduled. He's not giving us actual dates for our upgrades yet, because they are working on their first one right now, and they will be evolving their schedule as they learn more about the time/effort it takes to do one. He verified they will provide a loaner when they do it, but said it won't be a Taycan. They can't keep Taycans on their lot for very long.
In the same situation here. Spoke with Nile and am in the queue waiting for him to schedule our 2020 Taycan Turbo. Had hoped he'd be able to get us in this week as we have a few road trips planned but we'll just have to wait until afterwards.

Heinekennut

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2015 Range Rover Sport, 1973 TR6
Country flag
I got mine too and took it in and they told me there were actually 3 Recalls on it!

ilsaair

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan S, 1989 560SL, 2020 Range Rover Velar
Country flag
Had mine updated on Saturday. 1 hour total. Porsche wants to control updates to the powertrain, so this update requires a trip to the dealer. Fortunately my dealer is Champion Porsche in Pompano, so my wait time in their Cafe was very pleasant. Even the latte was good. Please note that there was a previous massive update - if your car hasn't gotten that one, it will take a lot longer.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
My wife called the dealership to schedule. They told her they didn’t know how long it would take and to get a loaner pushed us out to the 29th. If it really only takes an hour and a half or so, I just assume sit and wait. But I don’t think that’s an option for my wife if she has the 6-year old with her. Worse if it ends up being longer.

Bmann312

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I ran into this issue about 2 weeks ago. Fortunately, the error came on while I was stopped at a red light. My dealer said it would take 4 days for the software update and the German engineers were still having issues correcting this. Now I'm waiting on a part from Germany to fix this issue. I'm very loyal to Porsche, but this sucks. My cars been in the service center for about 2 weeks now. Only good thing about all this is they gave me a 2021 Cayenne loaner.

rbt3

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2020 Tesla Model Y, 2020 MB GLE450
Country flag
I got my recall notice last week and first available appointment for update was August 30th. I'm a little concerned that it may take that long and don't want to have a problem, so far I have not had an issue related to this recall. I had the 2021 software update completed about 1-2 months ago, wish this was done at that time. We are early adopters of this technology for Porsche and I accepted that fact when I ordered the car, so I expect some early learning curve issues for them.

Swede-ish

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Land Rover Defender 110, BMW 530e
Country flag
I got my email last week - scheduled service for this Wednesday. Four updates needed! I hope I get the OTA too! My car is two weeks shy of one year of uninterrupted service - hope it stays well after this visit to the dealer...

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
Got my email last week and called the dealer the next day. They had "lots of open slots" about two days out. Took my car in for service today and was in and out in about two hours including the free car wash. No complaints here.

The service manager did say that they really struggled to service the Taycan at first but that they have learned a ton in the past year and are feeling increasingly confident servicing the car. I take it with a grain of salt but they did a good job today for sure.

I ran into my sales rep at the dealership, and he said they have sold out all the cars coming in during the next six months. He seemed pretty excited by the level of demand.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
mine is done - no problems during update - getting new summer tires (13,750 miles + 1 track day) and my all seasons are done…

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
they checked and "found nothing" - flushed brake fluid to deal with any "air in the lines" - nothing to report.

I'll continue to monitor and see if I can get something deterministic.

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
mine is done - no problems during update - getting new summer tires (13,750 miles + 1 track day) and my all seasons are done…
Z-rated tires are going to be less scary than H-rated just in case there might be some cars out for a leisurely drive... :p

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Got my recall letter on Friday followed by a second recall letter today apologising for calling my Porsche a Cayenne in the first letter. Beginning to be bit of a theme of requiring updates to updates...
Sponsored