JC2021

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’ve got a CT4S on order but only just in build. I popped into a Porsche dealer today as they had one with a very similar spec to mine on display. Looked amazing but from the front it looked incredibly wide! Maybe an illusion because it’s such a low car (and the spec dimensions say it’s no wider than my XC90 but it looked very wide). With UK roads and small UK parking spaces I wondered if anyone lucky enough to have theirs already has found the width a drawback?
Sponsored

jlee504

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
targa gts
Country flag
it’s a valid question. it’s much wider than I expected and definitely takes up most of the striped spaces here in the US

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
It is about as wide and long as a Range Rover.
The one thing I don't like about it and why I had to think long and hard before placing an order.
I hate the way cars have got so big over the years.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I’ve got a CT4S on order but only just in build. I popped into a Porsche dealer today as they had one with a very similar spec to mine on display. Looked amazing but from the front it looked incredibly wide! Maybe an illusion because it’s such a low car (and the spec dimensions say it’s no wider than my XC90 but it looked very wide). With UK roads and small UK parking spaces I wondered if anyone lucky enough to have theirs already has found the width a drawback?
It's 3" wider than my M4 with it's mirror folded - 7" wider with mirrors unfolded:)!

Definitely noticeable and I too must admit to being taken aback when I first saw one in the showroom but you are also correct I think in that the sculpted front-end design seems to exaggerate this somewhat. Coupled with a curb weight of 5033 lbs and a GVWR of 6360 lbs the thing is a definitely a bit of a beast!

Some owners in the UK have had major issues with the narrowly spaced bollards to limit truck traffic through neighborhoods etc. - reported getting serious wheel rash etc. so definitely an issue in some cases.

TVL

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - 2020
Country flag
Expect to scratch your wheels ?
Went on a road trip recently and had issues in multiple (older) underground parking garages. Sometimes the entry was not wide enough and I had to back out again, but the worst moment was when the exit was too narrow and the only way to get out involved wheel damage...

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
I have no problems, same size (roughly) as my previous RS6 although it does look wider with the low front.

@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
Coming from an Audi A7, looking at the dimensions of the Taycan they seem to be almost identical in terms of both width (incl. mirrors) and length.

But as has been stated above...the optics gives it the impression that it is much wider than it is.