• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 20, 2024 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 20, 2024, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Assume this part moves so can’t attach anything to it?

Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy 9CA603F2-2DFF-4A62-B865-F081A451C361
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Just a heads-up for CT owners in Houston or elsewhere.

I received notice today that Porsche North Houston received my original order for the OEM bike carrier (from July 2021 !!!) and have it at the dealership for sale.

I thanked them for the update but politely declined to purchase said item :)!!

But if anyone locally (or nationwide I guess) needs an OEM unit there is one available right now at Porsche North Houston.

Cheers, C.

AlbyVaz

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Cayenne
Country flag
I've had a similar notification appear on my vehicle when we were traveling with four bikes on the roof (two adult bikes and two children's bikes like this). I also believe that using battery jumper cables to link the trailer to the truck with one leg of the wires is a smart idea. Make sure the metal surface where you clamp it is very good and clean. Test trailer and see if problem goes away. If it does, you have a grounding issue somewhere between your 7-pin connector and the trailer side.

taycanlovers

Banned
First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
i use switzerland production called veloboy. In non Turismo but too less place for.

OP
OP
bsclywilly

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Looks like Spring is just around the corner and some members have been contacting me about doing another production run of the bars and bike rack.

I'd like to get a show of interest here before I place an order with our manufacturer. Please reply below if you're interested in joining this 3rd group buy.

The details are similar to the last group buys but I'll repeat here since it's buried in this thread:

I supply the the bars and trailer plug for $550, shipped within continental US. In the US, users will need to purchase the bike tray racks separately (links below). All hardware and tools are included.

For those in Europe, I can purchase and ship the bars and bike racks together since the 1up and Kuat racks are not available in Europe. In the past this was around $250 for shipping and $610 for a pair of 1up tray racks, total about $1410.

If there is enough interest (10+) I’ll request payment by March 1st so I can get production started. Expect delivery in the US by mid-April

More details about the setup:
  • Load rating is limited by the limit of the tray racks. For the 1up rack it's 75lbs per bike and for the Kuat it's 67lbs per bike.
  • The bars are designed for 2 bikes but it's possible to fit 3 trays (it's tight).
  • 1up and Kuat max wheel base is around 53" and can fit tires up to 5" (1up needs an adapter kit)
For the racks, there are a few options which I will let you order separately. The preferred rack is 1up: https://www.1up-usa.com/product/roof-rack/ Choose the 2” bolt option.

Kuat also announced that they will have a tray rack based on their Piston Pro X. It is very nice and available Spring 2023. https://www.kuat.com/product/piston-sr/ I'm ordering a set of these to test fit once they start shipping.

If you're not looking to haul bikes, myself and a few other members have mounted boxes, cargo trays, and other attachments and I can share details or links to those upon request. On a recent ski trip with 4 pairs of skis on the rear tray:
Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy IMG_9224

cc: @chillindrdude @cccmanhattan @chosenlyquarks @Y2kaibo @themacnut @JJPM

Last edited:

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
Anyone logged a longer road trip with their bikes on Willy’s hitch rack? I’m in planning mode for a summer trip to the mountains (1k miles each way) and wondering how much of an efficiency hit I should expect.

I did a ~200 mile test run this past weekend on I-35 but the 20mph head/tailwind ruined my experiment (saw 2.3 mi/kWh with headwind and 3.2 mi/kWh with tailwind on the highway).

In the same vein, any techniques to minimize aero impact of the bikes - ie should I remove any parts or wrap them with a bike cover?

TIA!

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
Anyone logged a longer road trip with their bikes on Willy’s hitch rack? I’m in planning mode for a summer trip to the mountains (1k miles each way) and wondering how much of an efficiency hit I should expect.

I did a ~200 mile test run this past weekend on I-35 but the 20mph head/tailwind ruined my experiment (saw 2.3 mi/kWh with headwind and 3.2 mi/kWh with tailwind on the highway).

In the same vein, any techniques to minimize aero impact of the bikes - ie should I remove any parts or wrap them with a bike cover?

TIA!
This was a one day drive from Denver to Idaho Falls with the rack and a large electric mt. bike on the rear in the beginning of August. There is an impact, but if you are on major highways in the western half if the US it is not a big deal since there are EA chargers every 125 to 150 miles apart.

Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy IMG_2381.HEIC

Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy IMG_3314.heic

thecoloradokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan CT4s + 2023 Rivian R1T
Country flag
For the racks, there are a few options which I will let you order separately. The preferred rack is 1up: https://www.1up-usa.com/product/roof-rack/ Choose the 2” bolt option.

Kuat also announced that they will have a tray rack based on their Piston Pro X. It is very nice and available Spring 2023. https://www.kuat.com/product/piston-sr/ I'm ordering a set of these to test fit once they start shipping.

If you're not looking to haul bikes, myself and a few other members have mounted boxes, cargo trays, and other attachments and I can share details or links to those upon request. On a recent ski trip with 4 pairs of skis on the rear tray:
IMG_9224.jpg

cc: @chillindrdude @cccmanhattan @chosenlyquarks @Y2kaibo @themacnut @JJPM

@bsclywilly have you checked out the Kuat rack in person yet to see if we can get it to fit on the bars? From the site it looks super solid. I look the look as well.

OP
OP
bsclywilly

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
@bsclywilly have you checked out the Kuat rack in person yet to see if we can get it to fit on the bars? From the site it looks super solid. I look the look as well.
Just based on pictures since it’s not released yet.
It also has a T-slot groove on the bottom so I’m expecting it’s going to be pretty straightforward to bolt on our bars.
Porsche Taycan Custom Cross Turismo Rear Bike Rack Group Buy 48E3CE79-9DDF-4DCE-B155-C3653C8916FB
Sponsored