Customer support communication

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Just got word of pending arrival of my car...... mid June! that a good 5 month after it was first promised and and a good 2 months after it was last promised! This is a disgrace in my opinion! I am so close to canceling......... I might as well wait for new colors and new options. I wont see my car until end of august.... :-( since I am usually not at home during the summer months....
Last time I checked with my dealer I took pictures of his computer screen. I only saw just the V200 number with an order number on top. It looks to me, that the system only produces more numbers, once the car actually goes into production. The dealer is as forthcoming as he can be.

I have ordered my 4S+ just before Xmas production in Feb, latest info before factory shutdown was production in June. I hope I can get it in Sep/Oct this year. I have been waiting for a German luxury BEV for over 4 years now, a few months make no difference.
Sponsored

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
People, It's a new model vehicle and these are strange times. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Accept the delays, or move on with your life. Porsche is not out to screw you over.

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Last time I checked with my dealer I took pictures of his computer screen. I only saw just the V200 number with an order number on top. It looks to me, that the system only produces more numbers, once the car actually goes into production. The dealer is as forthcoming as he can be.
This is not my experience. There should be a full display of the timeline with date estimates on when each stage is going to complete. Here is what I received back in Jan.
Porsche Taycan Customer support communication 1589548086556

felixtb

First Name
felix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche: Taycan R; Tesla: orig Roadster, X, new roadster reserved
Country flag
I know the frustration. Waiting for a new toy is never fun. I was supposed to take delivery at end of march but it's now scheduled for mid June. Frustrating but not that strange due to the Corona outbreak.

Like everything else in life it seems to be dependent on the dealer you interact with. Sometimes you're lucky and sometimes not... :(

I was shown my v-codes without asking yesterday as I was to pick up my free loaner Panamera GT e-hybrid as a compensation for the "late" delivery.

I wish you good luck and hope your experience regarding the Taycan gets a a lot better moving forward. It's a fantastic car from my experience thus far.
The whole story is getting more and more humorous in my despair....... They just sent me and SMS after I had asked them to make sure they get the car ASAP...... they said you can count on us we will make sure your PANAMERA Turbo S will be here as soon as possible!!!! and there did not seem to be a hint of sarcasm or any humor in the response! :CWL:

OP
OP

glennkreisel

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Roadster, taycan turbo
Country flag
Is this a Tesla fanboy pissing contest? Swing by your dealer and tell him to show you the computer screen with the V-Numbers and take a pic with your phone. If he does not comply cancel the order and move on to another dealer!
I'm in Montana no dealer for 100s of miles. :-D I do call once in a while but get very vague information and has almost always been initiated by me. Just odd because when the factories closed down. My turbo was painted but not put together. I see many deliveries but i'm still in a holding pattern at the factor from what I can get from many inquiries.

OP
OP

glennkreisel

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
People, It's a new model vehicle and these are strange times. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Accept the delays, or move on with your life. Porsche is not out to screw you over.
Yep. All good. I'm moving on. Agreed..

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yep. All good. I'm moving on. Agreed..
Sorry it ended poorly for ya. Maybe in a couple years, when there are a plethora of them in lots across the nation (like the Macan today), you'll pick one up to grace your garage with. ;)

OP
OP

glennkreisel

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry it ended poorly for ya. Maybe in a couple years, when there are a plethora of them in lots across the nation (like the Macan today), you'll pick one up to grace your garage with. ;)
Oh it's still coming! I'm very excited (july 23 is the current date) i'm just not going to "track it".. When they call i'll know it's coming :-D.. I think it's one of the most beautiful cars i've seen.

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh it's still coming! I'm very excited (july 23 is the current date) i'm just not going to "track it".. When they call i'll know it's coming :-D.. I think it's one of the most beautiful cars i've seen.
HAHAHA, I really misinterpreted your comment, didn't I. :facepalm:

SFEVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Hyundai Kona EV, Ducati SFV4S
Country flag
My new delivery estimate is now August... was originally April then June now August. Hope it doesn’t slip to October.

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
There is another thread in the forum somewhere (I honestly can't navigate this site very well to all the past/hidden/lost threads, otherwise I'd link to it here) that talks about what buyer experiences have been. What Glenn is talking about has been my experience too. I placed the original deposit in 2018, and in early 2020, confirmed my build and my place in the queue with an additional deposit. Back in January, they said I had until April 1st to make any changes to the build and then it would go into production with a rough delivery date of "end of July or early August." In all of that, I never once got a proactive message sent to me from the dealership or from Porsche about ... anything Taycan related. Nothing. Zip. Nada. The only way I knew what was happening with the car was a daily Google Alert for "Taycan" and this forum. And the only way they reached out to me was after I visited them and reminded them of my very existence.

About a week ago, I asked the GM in my local dealership if I could change the color of the car (I had no idea if it was in production or not...because again, no communication). He responded quickly with a phone call that it was "about to be locked" but he'd try. He reached out to me yesterday to tell me the car color was accepted and that it is now "locked" so that's exciting.

Other than not being able to change any of my build, I do not know what "locked" means. How long after it is locked does it take to actually begin the construction of your car, for example. How long after day one of construction, does it take to finish it? How long does it take to get from the production line to your dealership?

I'd really like to plan for these things. At this point, I'm thinking 4-5 months from day 1 of construction until delivery, barring any factory closures or supply line disruptions. But again, I have no idea when they start making my car!

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Totally agree and I’ve had many a heated email recently with my dealership,on lack of comms.

I don’t mind the car being delayed but just one email a month would be great just with a 3 or 4 line update, Their reply was pretty much do you want the car or not in the end.

in danger of being flamed butI think Porsche customers fall into 3 categories, I don’t want get into naming categories but my view is....

Category 1.) People who are stepping up from another band into the lower end Porsche’s. part of the more mass produce models, 718, Macan etc so the whole step up into the brand. They feel happy to have made the ‘step up’ so they are used to buying from mass producers so are happy just to move into a premium brand.

Category 2.) People who are in the middle who see the investment as pretty significant but expect the customer service to match the expense and brand they are buying into.

Category 3.) People who have multiple vehicles, the Porsche might be just for collection or occasional use so these customers probably get great service as they have bought multiple vehicles and even poor service is probably ok to a degree as the cash investment or usage might be so low they don’t need to worry.
I also think people feel differently if the lease or buy, I buy my cars so I’m a bit more emotionally attached to the vehicle to say cars I get had over the years on a company lease. Ownership dials up the level of service I typically expect.

Personally I was in category 1 with my last two cars, both used 911s but just happy to be part of the Porsche experience. Any customer experience gaps got masked that I was happy be able to join the club and put it down Lack of attention to The fact I was buying a used vehicle so not really a true full customer.

I feel with my first new Porsche car purchase with the Taycan that I was in category 2, I’m shelling out over £100k for a car which is not cheap and was expecting the level of service would kick up a notch. I’m not after a white gloved service but the experience on ordering, tracking, information and comms has been well below par, some down to the fact it’s a new vehicle and comms/knowledge are not as defined but mainly just lack of customer focus.

I have genuinely had better customer experience from Amazon at times than Porsche.

anyway... that’s just my opinion
I think there is another category.
First time Porsche buyer - so no clout with the dealer
The car is not an investment or stretch. affordable
Used to, and expects, high quality service.

I am surprised at the bad experiences people have here. My rep has been very responsive to my requests for updates and in fact today sent me an update email without my prompting. However, he only knew what was in the system and what was readily available (ex. Factory closing, maybe closed for weeks, etc). He didn’t guess or tell me what I wanted to hear, so although it would have been nice to known why my car took so long to go into production, I trusted that he was telling me everything he knew.

OP
OP

glennkreisel

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think there is another category.
First time Porsche buyer - so no clout with the dealer
The car is not an investment or stretch. affordable
Used to, and expects, high quality service.

I am surprised at the bad experiences people have here. My rep has been very responsive to my requests for updates and in fact today sent me an update email without my prompting. However, he only knew what was in the system and what was readily available (ex. Factory closing, maybe closed for weeks, etc). He didn’t guess or tell me what I wanted to hear, so although it would have been nice to known why my car took so long to go into production, I trusted that he was telling me everything he knew.
Thanks good to know all experiences. I think the lack of communication is all the way back to the Porsche headquarters. Just interesting being new to the Porsche experience. Taking it all in.

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
Thanks good to know all experiences. I think the lack of communication is all the way back to the Porsche headquarters. Just interesting being new to the Porsche experience. Taking it all in.
I’m afraid I’m also in the group that has had a pretty awful experience with my Porsche dealer.

Emails sent, no response from the rep. Asked for a screen shot and update, no response. Finally a partial screen shot a few months back, not even sure it was my order. Not clear why my delivery date shifted 3 months, pre C-19. If I order groceries on Instacart, I know within seconds when my apples are in the cart. Not a peep in the last six weeks.

While I’ve had three Porsche’s, and own one now, it’s soured me. While a terrific car, I’m now undecided on picking it up whenever it might arrive, given uneasiness on level of Porsche local and corporate quality and service after a sale.

I’ll give it one last email try with the GM...
Sponsored