MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
I have noticed on my new Taycan CT4 that in the sun, which we have very little of late, that my dashboard has lots of scratches. It looks like it has been wiped several times with a not so soft cloth. Not even touched it since I have had the car as I read it can scratch quite easily. I was thinking of what product to use to bring it back to its original condition. Anyone have a similar issue? Thanks.
Sponsored

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
Hum...Before advising some products that could make the dashboard look worse, it would worth knowing if the screen is top layered with a non reflective PVD coating. If yes, there's nothing we could advise that will fix or dismished the scratches. Any mechanical treatment will remove the coating and make things look bad.
If not, then some PlastX polish or equivalent, along with a mild polishing will help.
Unfortunatelty, I'm not able to answer the first question.

OP
OP
MarkR

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
Hum...Before advising some products that could make the dashboard look worse, it would worth knowing if the screen is top layered with a non reflective PVD coating. If yes, there's nothing we could advise that will fix or dismished the scratches. Any mechanical treatment will remove the coating and make things look bad.
If not, then some PlastX polish or equivalent, along with a mild polishing will help.
Unfortunatelty, I'm not able to answer the first question.
Thanks @allroadusa. There is no coating on it and it does not have the passenger screen. It is the high gloss part of the dash that is in front of the passenger. That's a good call on the polish. I will have a look into that. I am tempted to get it PPF'd, but thinking it needs to be polished first. I used to have a plastic polish for the plastic rear window on a convertible I used to own. I wonder if this might work. Will need to check if I still have this. It is quite annoying as not even touched the dash since I have had the car. I even just got the Porsche polishing cloth to use exclusively for this job so it would not scratch. I am sure it can be fixed, but didn't want to make it worse. Thanks again.

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
This is much better. If it’s the black board in front of the passenger then the scratches can be easily buffed out with a mild polish. I had very good result for the piano black around the vents with a Menzerna 2500 and a small wireless polisher.

I bought it used and the previous owner was certainly not as precious as me. Since then I use the Porsche cloth along with the interior cleaner and the piano black remains scratch free.

OP
OP
MarkR

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
This is much better. If it’s the black board in front of the passenger then the scratches can be easily buffed out with a mild polish. I had very good result for the piano black around the vents with a Menzerna 2500 and a small wireless polisher.
Thanks, this is reassuring. Will have a go at this over the next few days. 👍

biohoodc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS, Tesla 3, Taycan
Country flag
That piano black is like butter. I had this on my 2022 Taycan, which I only made worse by trying to correct it myself. I took it to a professional, who put PPF on it after some paint correction work and now it’s better then new. Have a new one arriving in a week and plan to get that panel PPFd immediately.

OP
OP
MarkR

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
That piano black is like butter. I had this on my 2022 Taycan, which I only made worse by trying to correct it myself. I took it to a professional, who put PPF on it after some paint correction work and now it’s better then new. Have a new one arriving in a week and plan to get that panel PPFd immediately.
Thanks for your feedback @biohoodc. I have not yet had the opportunity to try to correct it, but hopefully will be giving the car a good clean tomorrow if the weather allows. Might have a look then, but i will go easy amd will try just a small area first. The good thing is that it is only visible in direct sunlight, so if in the shade it just looks fine.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
These panels don’t come perfect from factory….nor does the paintwork. If you want it to be perfect, you’ll have to work at it or have it done.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have noticed on my new Taycan CT4 that in the sun, which we have very little of late, that my dashboard has lots of scratches. It looks like it has been wiped several times with a not so soft cloth. Not even touched it since I have had the car as I read it can scratch quite easily. I was thinking of what product to use to bring it back to its original condition. Anyone have a similar issue? Thanks.
If you mean the panel where the passenger screen would be there are folk on the forum who have removed it and polished (by machine) it to remove the scratches. Also possible to put PPF film over it.

biohoodc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan GTS, Tesla 3, Taycan
Country flag
Thanks for your feedback @biohoodc. I have not yet had the opportunity to try to correct it, but hopefully will be giving the car a good clean tomorrow if the weather allows. Might have a look then, but i will go easy amd will try just a small area first. The good thing is that it is only visible in direct sunlight, so if in the shade it just looks fine.
Before I tried to fix it, mine was only visible in the sunlight also. That was enough to totally mess with my OCD!

OP
OP
MarkR

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
If you mean the panel where the passenger screen would be there are folk on the forum who have removed it and polished (by machine) it to remove the scratches. Also possible to put PPF film over it.
That's the one. It was scratched when I got the car. Didn't notice until the following day after I collected it. Not raised it with the dealership, but I am pretty sure I can improve it, as it is superficial scratching, but noticeable in sunlight. I like the idea of ppf, but I would like to keep the same level of gloss, and not 100% sure if it would look that way. Bit of a rock and a hard place with it.

OP
OP
MarkR

MarkR

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4CT
Country flag
These panels don’t come perfect from factory….nor does the paintwork. If you want it to be perfect, you’ll have to work at it or have it done.
Yes I can agree with that. I am very much into keeping my cars looking as new as possible, so I will indeed put some time into it. 👍

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Yes I can agree with that. I am very much into keeping my cars looking as new as possible, so I will indeed put some time into it. 👍
Other than cleaning and ceramic coating the interior, I haven’t really gotten into making the interior OEM+. I probably shouldn’t look too hard at my interior surfaces, it will probably drive me nuts.
Sponsored