Spiderjan

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan sport turismo 4S
Country flag
I bought the porsche bike carrier January 2023 (in Denmark) and now one of the hinges for the pivital arms supporting the weels have broken. The hinges for those parts are made from plastic (yes plastic) even though it must be worlds heaviest and most espensive bike carrier. Porsche Denmark sent pictures to germany which says it is misusage (how can they conclude that from pictures). Germany says they never seen this problem before and will therefore not compensate!
Anyone else had this issue? How can you make plastic hinges and espect they will last. And NO, I have not used the carrier for transporting other than two bikes.
Jan

Porsche Taycan Defect bike carrier- NO guaranty says porsche IMG_0081

Porsche Taycan Defect bike carrier- NO guaranty says porsche IMG_0083

timc3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo, BMW 330e
Country flag
I would look into what your options are as a consumer in your country.

OP
OP

Spiderjan

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan sport turismo 4S
Country flag
In DK we have 12 months guaranty but as Porsche DK repeats what Porsche DE says, its a struckle for something that should not.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Can it be fixed or is the whole think now ruined?

I wouldn't take porsche's first response. Look up how many people on here have been re-buffed about cracked panoramic roofs in the first instance, then eventually being covered by warranty.

I would hope that if it's fixable and you make yourself a big enough pain in the arse, they may offer to fix it as a gesture of goodwill rather than admitting anything under warranty.

Good luck

jvdsanden

First Name
Jos
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BMK-inkoop.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Taycan CT4S and Tesla M3 oreon
Country flag
Porsche Denmark sent pictures to germany which says it is misusage (how can they conclude that from pictures). Germany says they never seen this problem before and will therefore not compensate!
Anyone else had this issue? How can you make plastic hinges and espect they will last. And NO, I have not used the carrier for transporting other than two bikes.
So you have bought out of proportion expensive Bike carrier. You use it as it should be used. Something breaks and Porsche accuses you of fraud that you have not used it correctly. And how does your dealer in Denmark respond to this? Can they also offer some leniency or not?

OP
OP

Spiderjan

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan sport turismo 4S
Country flag
The DK dealer just referred to Porsche DE. I am returning it to the dealer monday hoping for a solution. Think it can be fixed with a metal bracket. They cannot escape the 12 month warranty in DK. Itd clear that broken plastic hinge is not equal ti misusage. Just annoing to go through this.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
In DK we have 12 months guaranty but as Porsche DK repeats what Porsche DE says, its a struckle for something that should not.
Isn't Denmark part of the EU?

2 year warranty is mandatory at EU level. 1 year warranty is pretty much illegal. Ask Apple about the 1 billion euro fine they got about that.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I am very surprised to hear that Porsche would not honour the warranty. I have had a few items failing under warranty, car parts and accessories, but there has never been any issues to get a replacement or repair.

Are they claiming that there has been an impact or overload on the carrier?? 2 years warranty in EU, so take them on!

perski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche C2S, CT4
Country flag
These bikeracks are produced by Atera so hopefully it should be possible to get spare parts from them. I would be surprised if most of the parts are not reused from other more common models.

OP
OP

Spiderjan

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan sport turismo 4S
Country flag
Just a last update. Porsche has now finally refused to so solve the issue of my broken bike carrier where the pivoting plastic hinge (yes plastic) which connects the wheel support arms to the main part. Porsche says misusage. The Danish dealer referes to porsches rejection. End og case. So much for warranty and happy costumers. :0(
Sponsored