Yorkshirepuds

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Harley Heritage, Triumph Rocket 3
Country flag
Dealer said the shortages have gotten so bad if you order a Taycan today expect delivery Jan. 2022.
On the bright side, that can't do residuals any harm...

On the even brighter side (for me at least), the Macan I'm trading in is now worth around six thousand more of our British pounds than it was six months ago :like:
Sponsored

David4S

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021, Wrangler 4xe, Ford Raptor, Audi Q8
Country flag
I took delivery today 3/15 lock, 5/28 delivery. My Delay for the TPMS sensor chip was only 10 days at the Houston Port (5/13-23).

Driving to pickup car today I was surprised on how empty (used & new) the Porsche, Audi, Jaguar lots were compared to March when I ordered. Dealer said the shortages have gotten so bad if you order a Taycan today expect delivery Jan. 2022.
That’s great, congrats.
I called my dealer today and they do not have any idea about what’s happening with my car, it has been at Jacksonville port since 5/23, TYD shows as Port Processing, and new ETA 6/11, (previously 5/28).
I can’t believe that being produced on 4/9 they are still waiting for parts but now at JAX port, Based on TYD Production Completed - CP8.0, the QC is performed just after the car is produced in the factory, now I’m wondering if those cars impacted by the chip shortage passed the QC inspection…

Njsimons13

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (on order), Taycan 4s, Q8, SQ5
Country flag
That’s great, congrats.
I called my dealer today and they do not have any idea about what’s happening with my car, it has been at Jacksonville port since 5/23, TYD shows as Port Processing, and new ETA 6/11, (previously 5/28).
I can’t believe that being produced on 4/9 they are still waiting for parts but now at JAX port, Based on TYD Production Completed - CP8.0, the QC is performed just after the car is produced in the factory, now I’m wondering if those cars impacted by the chip shortage passed the QC inspection…
I feel you‘ll get your car next week. ?

Nick V

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Hey Everyone. I’m a new member and this is my first post, but I have been following for a while and have found the forum very helpful. I secured an allocation for a 4S earlier this month. Initially, track your dream showed a July freeze date with an October delivery date. A couple of weeks ago, both dates changed to TBD. I talked to my dealer and he said that he saw the same thing on his end but the order was secure. He thought they may be switching my car to a 2022 model, but he did not have confirmation from Porsche about that. With supply and some of the current software issues, I’m expecting some delays, but is anyone seeing this on their TYD? Any thoughts on what kind of delays I’m looking at? I appreciate your thoughts

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hey Everyone. I’m a new member and this is my first post, but I have been following for a while and have found the forum very helpful. I secured an allocation for a 4S earlier this month. Initially, track your dream showed a July freeze date with an October delivery date. A couple of weeks ago, both dates changed to TBD. I talked to my dealer and he said that he saw the same thing on his end but the order was secure. He thought they may be switching my car to a 2022 model, but he did not have confirmation from Porsche about that. With supply and some of the current software issues, I’m expecting some delays, but is anyone seeing this on their TYD? Any thoughts on what kind of delays I’m looking at? I appreciate your thoughts
I, too, had a July freeze and and an October delivery date on a 4S Cross Turismo. Mine, too, changed to TBD. I'd be shocked if it's because they're switching our cars to 2022 models...

DL UK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 545
Country flag
Ordered the RWD Taycan at the end of March and have been getting weekly delivery updates from my sales rep. It's bounced back and forth between July 2nd or July 9th. Just got an email today saying there is an issue with them getting micro-chips and the expected delivery date is now July 30th. What is everyone else seeing with their orders?
I ordered mine 4 weeks before you. My latest estimate is mid to end of July.

nelsonmanha

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
If anyone is interested I am selling my 2020 taycan 4s. Pm me if you want to know more . I just got some turbo s wheels on it ( look at me posts). Looks good and the car looks and feels brand new. Ceramic coated and tint all around

Bari

First Name
Bari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 911 GTS, 2021 Cayenne GTS Coupe, 2021 Taycan.
Country flag
Ordered the RWD Taycan at the end of March and have been getting weekly delivery updates from my sales rep. It's bounced back and forth between July 2nd or July 9th. Just got an email today saying there is an issue with them getting micro-chips and the expected delivery date is now July 30th. What is everyone else seeing with their orders?
Mine came a bit early. I ordered a fully specked Turbo.

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If anyone is interested I am selling my 2020 taycan 4s. Pm me if you want to know more . I just got some turbo s wheels on it ( look at me posts). Looks good and the car looks and feels brand new. Ceramic coated and tint all around
If you don't mind me asking, why are you selling?

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Likely due to getting spooked by all the negitive issues being reported on the forum.
I sure hope not.

The tone of this forum does indeed skew into realms of negativity towards the Taycan. I do nonetheless find the forum to be highly informative about the car and its use. Granted, many owners have issues with the car; a preponderance I believe are primarily user error or issues with unintuitive software, which I get and fully understand. And there are those owners who do have Taycans with some serious and undeniable defects (I just hope that when my car delivers in a couple of weeks, is not one of them).

I was on a bike ride yesterday when I saw parked a Taycan in the “wild”. I've seen a few driving around, but for the first time I had a chance to speak with the owner. He was driving a 2020 Turbo S and I asked him if he knew of this forum and he did not. I then asked if he had any issues with his car and he said, “Not a one.” When I asked how he liked the car, a big shit-eating grin crossed his face and he stated the the Taycan was a “game-changer” and “the best car I've ever had, and I've had some pretty nice cars.” “You won't be disappointed”, he said with unequivocal enthusiasm when I told him I'm getting mine in a couple of weeks.

It was a breath of fresh air to see this guy truly enjoying his Taycan and sharing his enthusiasm in such an expressive manner. Made my day!

Last edited:

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
Like some others, I currently have an estimated 6/11 delivery date to the dealer in TYD. My current status says enroute to dealer, but the location has not updated beyond the port where the car was originally unloaded (Davisville, RI). Does TYD ever update beyond this, or will the next update simply be that the car has arrived at the dealer. Would the dealer have any more specific delivery timelines and/or knowledge about where the car currently is while enroute to them?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Like some others, I currently have an estimated 6/11 delivery date to the dealer in TYD. My current status says enroute to dealer, but the location has not updated beyond the port where the car was originally unloaded (Davisville, RI). Does TYD ever update beyond this, or will the next update simply be that the car has arrived at the dealer. Would the dealer have any more specific delivery timelines and/or knowledge about where the car currently is while enroute to them?
TYD does update when the car is en route to dealer and your dealer will have the most up-to-date info. TYD for me showed car en route to dealer and they called saying arrived. The dates were May 25 and May 27th. I took delivery this past Saturday the 29th.

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
TYD does update when the car is en route to dealer and your dealer will have the most up-to-date info. TYD for me showed car en route to dealer and they called saying arrived. The dates were May 25 and May 27th. I took delivery this past Saturday the 29th.
Right, but my question is whether the dealer will have info about the part in between the "enroute to dealer" step and the car actually being delivered to the dealer. Right now my car is supposedly somewhere on its way from the east coast to the west coast, and I'm curious if the dealer would know where it is along that path, and/or if they are actually on track to receive the car earlier than 6/11.
Sponsored