Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've read in this forum about the fact that Porsche is shipping Taycans to the US without the TPMS system installed and then installing them at the ports of entry. My question is for those who experienced this clustef***k: what was your time from the day your car hit port to the installation and delivery to your dealer? Weeks? Months?

My car was shipped to Benicia in California and arrived Thursday. I just learned that it is awaiting the TPMS installation and the dealer has no idea as to when the car will be delivered to them.
Sponsored

Reactions: GRV

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
3 weeks for me.

Port processing cleared 5/5.
Arrived at dealer 5/26.

Port was Houston.
Dealer in St. Louis.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
I've read in this forum about the fact that Porsche is shipping Taycans to the US without the TPMS system installed and then installing them at the ports of entry. My question is for those who experienced this clustef***k: what was your time from the day your car hit port to the installation and delivery to your dealer? Weeks? Months?

My car was shipped to Benicia in California and arrived Thursday. I just learned that it is awaiting the TPMS installation and the dealer has no idea as to when the car will be delivered to them.

Two weeks still at the port and counting.....

amazing

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'99 540i, '20 Merc Sprinter 4x4, 21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I don't have the exact date of arrival in Port of Jacksonville, but just got word today that my 4S had gotten the TPMS and cleared customs. I think it was there 1.5-2 weeks, and dealer says that it should arrive at dealership within the week. So, the 2-3 week number that sounds about right so far from my experience.

GRV

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7 | Tesla Model 3 | Taycan 4s (MY21)
Country flag
Oh boy. :confused: Not what I was expecting. I had already scheduled PPF and tint. Sounds like I'll have to adjust. Literally in the same boat as @Torv.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't have the exact date of arrival in Port of Jacksonville, but just got word today that my 4S had gotten the TPMS and cleared customs. I think it was there 1.5-2 weeks, and dealer says that it should arrive at dealership within the week. So, the 2-3 week number that sounds about right so far from my experience.

Good news for you. Did you order ACC with your 4S?

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This has been an issue across the product line - depending on TPMS chip availability at time of manufacture. Seems like the average wait time at port has been a couple of weeks, but better than shutting down production entirely waiting for them. The percentage of cars being shipped without TPMS has been falling - as I understand from a 911 forum Porsche has secured an alternate supplier. Doesn't mean the supply chain isn't a mess overall. Production delays are becoming more frequent and longer, and now spreading to previously prioritized lines, including 911 and Taycan. Macan and Cayenne production is completely stopped - Macans since late April.

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, InnovoDrive including ACC
Thanks. Thought ACC might be why my car (that was on the same boat as yours) is still at the JAXPort. TYD is still showing enroute to dealer on 6/11 and the dealer's Porsche Vehicle Management System screen is also still showing 6/11.

Maybe the delay is just where my car is in line for TPMS or whatever else has to be done before release.

SeanY

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordering 2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Mine was also in RCC Europe (6/11 at port) and it arrived at the dealership today. So only a few days delay.

OP
OP
Torv

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wow! Which model and what are your configuration details?

Last edited:

SeanY

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordering 2021 Taycan RWD
Country flag
RWD with some options like ACC. Obviously has tires...
However, I've cancelled mine a week ago because of the rising number of the power loss. The dealer texted me anyway with a picture of the car. It looks beautiful...

OP
OP
Torv

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
RWD with some options like ACC. Obviously has tires...
However, I've cancelled mine a week ago because of the rising number of the power loss. The dealer texted me anyway with a picture of the car. It looks beautiful...
He's trying to tempt you back into the fold. Grind him for a significant discount and go for it!

GRV

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7 | Tesla Model 3 | Taycan 4s (MY21)
Country flag
Mine was also in RCC Europe (6/11 at port) and it arrived at the dealership today. So only a few days delay.
Which dealer?
Sponsored