Delivery delayed - What are others seeing

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
My dealer does. I would assume most dealers have contact with transport trucks.
Sponsored

Rgee27

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8, Mamba 4 Cross Turismo on order
Country flag
Ordered my 4S CT in early March for August/September delivery but can’t seem to get any response from my sales rep in the SF bay on dates, timelines, or even build lock date. Good times.

Anyone else with a delivery in September to CA have an idea of timeframes?
Originally mine was due August 28th but latest date according to my “Track your Dream” app now says it is due au dealership on September 10th.....

karimkhalil

First Name
Christian Khali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
My RWD came into Jacksonville Port on May 23 and completed "Port Processing" two days ago. Last evening delivery changed from May 28 to Jun 11. Dealer had previously mentioned tire pressure sensors as a past holdup.

Wonder if it's parts or firmware related.
Hi, did you get your car
Same happened to me and I’m still waiting

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
Hi, did you get your car
Same happened to me and I’m still waiting
Still waiting. My Porsche dealer has a few dozen cars that came in on that boat still stuck in JAX.

Dr Monty

First Name
Monty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, BMW iX50, Audi
Country flag
Whereabouts in Japan? my Taycan should be in my hands by mid June, I'm in Kyoto. There aren't many around yet.
Kanagawa / Yokohama area. Its a Cross Turismo, dealer says it will be amongst the first in Japan. As of last Wednesday (June 2nd) , they were still saying September was looking good.
Will be curious to hear about your experiences with your car. My dealer acknowledged that the SW and updates have been painful at times. Fingers crossed.

bj33813

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
“Waiting at port for ‘chips’”...? Are they teaching surface-mount soldering techniques in stevedore school now?
No, and not at any dealer either. It will be a plug-in module or pcb (printed circuit board)most likely

themickd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo, 2020 Macan S
Country flag
Ordered a 4S on April 21 and TMD had an initial delivery date of 8/27. As of this morning delivery date pushed to 9/10. Doesn’t bod well for supply chain issues. Also, 9/10 delivery is still showing MY21 and I’m considering canceling for a MY22.
That's literally my exact story. Not sure if I want to delay it further by switching to MY22, that is if my dealer will allow it (I put down 10%).

Keep me posted on your news Bajas21, I'll do the same :)

karimkhalil

First Name
Christian Khali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Still waiting. My Porsche dealer has a few dozen cars that came in on that boat still stuck in JAX.
Did he give you any updates ?? I don’t have any info on my side

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
Did he give you any updates ?? I don’t have any info on my side
Not yet. Quite frustrating. As of late yesterday, dealer still had no updated information. TYD still saying 6/11 but it's now on the edge of that being an impossibility.

David4S

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021, Wrangler 4xe, Ford Raptor, Audi Q8
Country flag
Took delivery on my RWD yesterday. TYD was showing 6/11 arrival at dealer, in fact it still says it is en route.
Congrats, mine was 6/11 too but today TYD changed to 6/25, arrived at Jacksonville port on 5/24.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Goldeneye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S
Country flag
Just got a new update from my dealer. Delivery is delayed from July 9th to August 13th. He specifically said it was due to the microchip shortage. ugh:-(

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Just curious... does Tesla has problems with microchips too?
Probably not the right place to say that, but if I'd live in the States, I'd take Tesla (X).
Longer range, better battery, proven software... why are you guys staying in lines for Taycan?

OP
OP

Goldeneye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S
Country flag
Just curious... does Tesla has problems with microchips too?
Probably not the right place to say that, but if I'd live in the States, I'd take Tesla (X).
Longer range, better battery, proven software... why are you guys staying in lines for Taycan?
I already own a Tesla model S and have always wanted a Porsche. This will be my first Porsche ever and I am willing to wait. I don't like the delays, but in the grand scheme of things a month or 2 really isn't a big deal. I like that the Taycan is electric which is a big reason why i bought it, but feel it will be a completely different experience than the Tesla. My wife is taking the Tesla and I am taking the Taycan.
Sponsored