kewina12

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Placed my order last week (late Dec) for 4S, dealer and TYD say mid-April for delivery. Production scheduled for Feb.

I’ll believe it when it happens!
Sponsored

Graken

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S; Taycan CT4S on order
Country flag
I signed the order agreement and paid the deposit on the 19th of November for my 4S. I have yet to receive an allocation or any form of confirmation from Porsche. The dealer said they might get allocations in January for South Africa. I fear that mine will be a long wait. :-(

CaramelBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Placed order for a Turbo S in last week of December. Original schedule was a freeze in late Jan with delivery in mid-April. Just checked My Porsche website and there's a 2 month delay - build now freezes in March with delivery in June. :swear:

Jonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes GLC
Country flag
I ordered my RWD Taycan on the 31st June 21 (Over 6 months already) and I'm still yet to get a build slot. The latest is that there educated guess is Q2 22 which will be 10-13months. Looking on the forum has anyone else experienced these lead time from ordering a Taycan mid last year?

Appreciate the lead times now are around 12months on some models
Hi Just been told that earliest date is now end of May 22, still without a build slot. Has anymore else had to wait a year for there order based on ordering mid last year. I'm getting increasing frustrated with my dealer. Thanks in advance for your help

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
Placed a deposit for a CT4 on Sept 9, 2021 in Northern CA and told I was 2nd in line for an allocation. Submitted my build and then was notified Porsche accepted my order on Oct 11 and received the TYD email on Oct 25th. Freeze date changed from Nov 15 to Nov 27 and the finally to Dec 3. Start of production was listed on TYD as Dec 24 (didn't actually believe it would start on Dec 24..), but actual start of production was Jan 4. My estimated delivery date was originally Feb 11, then Mar 11, then Mar 18 and now Mar 25.

I'm just happy I got an allocation and trying to be patient during the build. Dealer has been great in answering my questions with same day or next day replies.

Happy New Year to all....

SixSigma

First Name
Emma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Has everybody now received a MY21 that was built in July 21?

Any idea why this infamous batch of cars are still not delivered?

Background: Started the process in late March 2021 for Taycan Turbo, allocation complete and freeze date in June.
July 27th build date (full deposit paid) ready for the summer and early Aug collection;
1st delay: Aug 15th
2nd delay: Sept 5th
3rd delay: Oct 16th
4th delay: Nov 26th

5th delay: Before 24th Dec…

This car is still waiting at the port since 17th Dec, although I’m not sure if this information is valid. I’ve now decided to push out collection until March, no point in taking a 71 for a handful of weeks (thoughts on that?)

Is there another issue with these cars that Porsche are keeping under wraps?

Jrkennedy37

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 Panamera ST, '21 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I’m part of the July build crew for a CT4. Finally received the car 12/23, almost four months later than the initial delivery date. My biggest concern during the delay was the battery condition and how well it was being charged/maintained as it sat unfinished for 4 months.

So far we’ve put 600 miles on the car and everything has been flawless *knock on wood*. The battery seems to be increasing range and vehicle is improving efficiency each time we drive it. My biggest takeaway is I can preheat the car and drive this thing full bore, in 30* F weather, and I’m still beating the EPA estimate.

We received only one key and I don’t believe the wireless charger works but everything else is to spec (including power steering adjustment).

Hope your vehicle arrives in good condition, as ours has.

Browning

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RangeRover D350 MHEV New Disco 300D MHEW Taycan4S
Country flag

Background: Started the process in late March 2021 for Taycan Turbo, allocation complete and freeze date in June.
July 27th build date (full deposit paid) ready for the summer and early Aug collection;

This car is still waiting at the port since 17th Dec, although I’m not sure if this information is valid. I’ve now decided to push out collection until March, no point in taking a 71 for a handful of weeks (thoughts on that?)

I believe cars being held up due to semiconductor shortage for tyre pressure system

PorschePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Audi Q7
Country flag
I got lucky. So sorry to all those dealing with delays. Only sharing so others can compare with their experiences to see if delays are being reduced. We are in Northern CA. We secured a build for a custom high spec 4S on August 31st 2021. It reached our Port on December 30th (my birthday). Two weeks before the original expected arrival date.

It was stuck at port due to it needing a software update before port release. It was ready for pick up at dealership January 13 2022 no parts missing 2 key fobs with free (not ordered) portable charging station.

Last edited:
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag

I have a 21MY Turbo that was due to be built in June '21 and still sat at port with no update. I am concerned that we will be lucky to see it in March? I am interest to see how many MY22 have been delivered ahead of them as i am already aware of several!

SixSigma

First Name
Emma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag

Still no updates from myside - these cars are a mystery..... anybody have information on an incoming collection ready MY21?

soawjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW 230i convertible
Country flag
Still no updates from myside - these cars are a mystery..... anybody have information on an incoming collection ready MY21?
I haven't heard anything either, presumably still sitting at Emden. There was a ship that went from Emden to Sheerness on 20th Jan that I was hoping my car was on but it seems not
Sponsored