Delivery delays

TaycanLDN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD Volcano Grey Mission E
Country flag
Hey everyone,

this is mainly pitched at those in the UK but anyone’s opinion would be great!

Has anyone else experienced significant delays in their orders?

I locked spec 21st April for a RWD Taycan and initially the car was meant to leave Germany 22nd May, which was then pushed to 10th June and now has been pushed again to 28th June.

Also would be good to hear from anyone who hasn’t had their Taycan delivery delayed.

Porsche centre have given little direction about whether it would delay again and say there is nothing they can do.
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I locked mine CT4 onApril 18, with promised delivery first week of June, later on rescheduled for mid June... and now, I'm on first week of July.

igad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
all sold waiting for a Taycan!
Country flag
Almost exactly the same here. The car has delayed leaving germany from 21 May to 10 Jun and now to 21 Jun.

These 1-2 weeks slips could be that we are near the end and just a final few items left to do before imminent shipping.... or could be that its easier to give minor bad news 5 times than really awful news once.

it is frustrating, anyone know when it does it make sense to just cancel and go for a MY22 ?

Last edited:

RecoveringGT3Addict

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Country flag
US here. I locked on the 23rd of April and originally was going into production on May 21 but now I have no idea. It's been pushed out to a prod complete date of June 25. The prod start date still says May 21 but it has not started production. So it's slipped at least a month.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
US here as well and arrived earlier than expected. RWD ordered in April. Took delivery May 29th.
(RWD)

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I have been searching FL dealer inventories for a RWD and thought I found one that had my specs, but ultimately did not. The salesman who pulled the information for me claims his "GM" can get me a car in a couple of months (he is a couple of hours away so not where I would want to order unless he can get it quicker). I had talked to my local dealer and he advised me that I was probably looking at September to October with a build now (I think the plant is shut down in July). There is also only so many allotments of builds that each dealer has too according to him.

So what would be a reasonable expectation with an order placed now for delivery? Looking for a ball park, if that is even possible. Almost seems like if I have to wait that long, hold off and get MY2022.

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Looks like there’s a bunch of us with May build slots awaiting shipping and delivery.

Does the UK have tracking like US does with TYD?

OP
OP
TaycanLDN

TaycanLDN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Almost exactly the same here. The car has delayed leaving germany from 21 May to 10 Jun and now to 21 Jun.

These 1-2 weeks slips could be that we are near the end and just a final few items left to do before imminent shipping.... or could be that its easier to give minor bad news 5 times than really awful news once.

it is frustrating, anyone know when it does it make sense to just cancel and go for a MY22 ?
What is the MY22? I told them that it’s such
Looks like there’s a bunch of us with May build slots awaiting shipping and delivery.

Does the UK have tracking like US does with TYD?
we don’t have the tracking option in the UK it’s a US only feature that lets them track their car with the app - I spent ages asking the dealership about it we have to enquire manually for updates

igad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just email weekly for an update. I had a VIN (and a registration plate was allocated too!) So I'm not sure how close I am.

My dealer ( Portsmouth) is pretty good to be honest but overral a bit frustrating that all cars are.seeing delays.

dhannoun

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Hey everyone,

this is mainly pitched at those in the UK but anyone’s opinion would be great!

Has anyone else experienced significant delays in their orders?

I locked spec 21st April for a RWD Taycan and initially the car was meant to leave Germany 22nd May, which was then pushed to 10th June and now has been pushed again to 28th June.

Also would be good to hear from anyone who hasn’t had their Taycan delivery delayed.

Porsche centre have given little direction about whether it would delay again and say there is nothing they can do.
Hey there. Seeing mixed results on the forum. I ordered my Taycan base model (LA, California, USA) in early April. Original delivery date was 7/16, but production expedited, it’s now at the mercy of the Atlantic Ocean and set to arrive (early) on 6/25. Good luck, I hope you get it ASAP!

OP
OP
TaycanLDN

TaycanLDN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just email weekly for an update. I had a VIN (and a registration plate was allocated too!) So I'm not sure how close I am.

My dealer ( Portsmouth) is pretty good to be honest but overral a bit frustrating that all cars are.seeing delays.
You’ll definitely be revising the car soon congrats! Once you have the VIN and reg it should be less than 2 weeks till you’ve got the car. When did you place the order?

seems like Portsmouth have it more together than London

KM1669

First Name
Kaleem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
840i
Country flag
Hi all

I have an order for a Taycan Turbo with West London and it was supposed to be complete 9/6 for collection from dealer approximately 9/7, had a call last week that car is delayed and due end July for collection. Delays is only 3 weeks so I’m not too concerned at the moment as my current car goes back 1/8, any further delays and I will have to arrange an alternative car or try a short term lease extension in current car. The delay is due to part shortages, however no parts specified.

igad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You’ll definitely be revising the car soon congrats! Once you have the VIN and reg it should be less than 2 weeks till you’ve got the car. When did you place the order?

seems like Portsmouth have it more together than London

My reg came through 21st May so already more than 2 week ago, I guess it's a last but that's is missing.

Let's hope the 21st of June sticks!

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I spoke with Porsche Mayfair right now, they’re contacting the factory to get an update on all cars in production for completion dates, whilst citing the chip shortage for delays.

Apparently the car is still in production (even though production should have completed late May), but there’s no further detail on what’s actually happening from the factory.

Expect delays.
Sponsored