DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I noticed when watching a few review videos that some Taycans have smooth leather steering wheels and others have a thicker, covered grey steering wheel.

Porsche Taycan Different steering wheels 1629905538446
vs.
Porsche Taycan Different steering wheels 1629905575762

What option is selected that would give you one vs. another? Is the one on right caused by the heated steering wheel option. I do NOT want the thicker grey steering wheel.

Thanks!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I noticed when watching a few review videos that some Taycans have smooth leather steering wheels and others have a thicker, covered grey steering wheel.

1629905538446.png
vs.
1629905575762.png

What option is selected that would give you one vs. another? Is the one on right caused by the heated steering wheel option. I do NOT want the thicker grey steering wheel.

Thanks!
Leather free interior - right hand side (alcantara / racetex instead)

Porsche Taycan Different steering wheels 1629905959403

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
The two shown steering wheels are both the same which is called "GT steering wheel". The left one is leather and the right one racetex. But thickness is the same. The GT steering wheel is part of the sport chrono package. If you want the thinner standard steering wheel you need to skip the sport chrono package.

Porsche Taycan Different steering wheels sw

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
You can add the Race-Tex steering wheel on the the all leather interior, but only with the Sport Chrono package with the thicker wheel.
I prefer the feel of Race-Tex for the steering wheel, but leather everywhere else

It looks out of place and overly thick in pictures, but its not in person

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
FWIW I hate the thinner steering wheel and glad I have chrono pack with thicker grips.

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I'm fairly certain I know the answer to this. My SA told me I need to spec the heated wheel to get the thicker, GT version. I've got Sport Chrono on my build and think that it is the identical wheel but without heat. Correct?

I had a heated wheel on my Cayenne S and my Macan GTS. Can count on one chilly hand how many times I've used it in 8 years.

Last edited:

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
I had a heated wheel on my Cayenne S and my Macan GTS. Can count on one chilly hand how many times I've used it in 8 years.
I had a heated steering wheel on my old 335i back in Georgia. I could also count on one hand the number of times I used it.

I now live in New Hampshire. The heated steering wheel was one of the first options I checked. Although, amusingly, doing so caused the wheel to disappear entirely from the configurator due to a bug.

Stevetheham

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS
Country flag
I have a gts on order and want to buy a disklok, does Anyone know where I will find the dimensions of the wheel so I know which size to buy?
Sponsored