ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
Perfect thank you - now I am really envious!
If you don't already have the rear light strip, this adds that element and also really leans into the electric car aspect with Porsche in blue. I actually replaced a perfectly working rear light strip in black, but I really wanted the blue and it was worth it to me.
Sponsored

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
@n3ophyte, or anyone who's done this on a non-NA car, do you by any chance have pictures of the two connectors which are connected to the center light bar on the back? I'm looking for how many wires, and ideally which pins are connected, to each of them? This is what it looks like on a North American car;

LEFT CONNECTOR - 5 pins connected: 1,2,4,6,7
Porsche Taycan DIY Swapped my ‘standard’ rear light strip for Glacier Ice Blue 1716369029122-jm

RIGHT CONNECTOR - 3 pins connected: 1,2,4
Porsche Taycan DIY Swapped my ‘standard’ rear light strip for Glacier Ice Blue 1716369141206-3i

I am trying to retrofit Euro tail lights on mine, and after recoding the car I'm still missing turn indicators on the center light bar. I also get dashboard errors about faulty turn signals. I am 99% certain at this point there is a wire or two missing in the North American harness. If you happen to have any of the above information about which pins are wired in your car that would be much appreciated.

OP
OP
n3ophyte

n3ophyte

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Nissan GT-R
Country flag
@whitex - these are the only two photos I took of the wiring harness and connectors during my swap out. Sorry they aren’t more detailed :(

Porsche Taycan DIY Swapped my ‘standard’ rear light strip for Glacier Ice Blue IMG_1134

Porsche Taycan DIY Swapped my ‘standard’ rear light strip for Glacier Ice Blue IMG_1133

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
@whitex - these are the only two photos I took of the wiring harness and connectors during my swap out. Sorry they aren’t more detailed :(
Thanks for those. I tried zooming in, but unfortunately really hard to make out one extra wire. Maybe someone else remembers from their conversion.
Sponsored