Rear light strip with 'PORSCHE' logo in black??

Spence

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X3M
Country flag
Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the “Rear light strip with 'PORSCHE' logo in black” option?

Firstly it’s expensive for what it is...but I think it could look good with the Taycan logo also in black. Anyone gone for this option and are there any pics? There’s hardly any I can find with a quick google search. My build is Volcano grey which may not help it stand out. Interested in opinions
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I think it will be too dark against the grey and the smoked glass unless you're wanting a stealth look.

OP
OP

Spence

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X3M
Country flag
I think it will be too dark against the grey and the smoked glass unless you're wanting a stealth look.
On the configuration tool it looks like the background colour of the lightbar is changed to bring out the black a bit more. Take a look. It might literally just be the lettering but when you toggle on and off the option it seems like the background behind the letters is lighter too

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
On the configuration tool it looks like the background colour of the lightbar is changed to bring out the black a bit more. Take a look. It might literally just be the lettering but when you toggle on and off the option it seems like the background behind the letters is lighter too
I'll take a look in the morning but it may be the software isn't 100% representative of reality. If the description doesn't state a change to the light bar lens then I think it will be the same one.

Alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, BMW 435i, X5, Range Rover Sport TDV8
Country flag
I've not seen any in real life either.

My colleague has ordered black on his black Taycan, I originally ordered blue on my gentian but changed it for standard.

The only opinion I could draw from the 3d configurator is that it does look too dark.

The standard looks really nice with black Taycan model designation.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I think it's the same and just the reflection changes on the light bar and same with blue lettering.

Go chrome.

OP
OP

Spence

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X3M
Country flag
I think it's the same and just the reflection changes on the light bar and same with blue lettering.

Go chrome.
found this....so they do change the light bar backing to a silver lighter colour. Brings out the black lettering a bit more.

Porsche Taycan Rear light strip with 'PORSCHE' logo in black?? 4A2C6A93-DED6-4059-BF48-98C2376B8BEC

TYKHAAAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Ram 2500, Kia EV9
Not trying to hijack, but would anyone else like it if the letters were illuminated as an option?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The original Mission E concept was in red and looked like they were illuminated. Check out your web access to the PMC Connect Web login page for a picture.

Personally, this looks "tacky" to me and may be for Audi light enthusiasts only (sorry Audi owners)!