Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS ST, VW EOS, 71 & 72 VW Camper
Country flag
I live in rural France an we have 12KVA 12KW single phase and this cannot be upgrade unless I go to 3 phase. I have an appointment for the supplier to look at options.

My problem is we have electric heating alongside a wood burner. So the power drain from the heaters varies significantly from on 2KW at night, (our bedroom) and 7.2 KW during the day downstairs. If all heaters are on which is rare as they all have smart timers then the drain can be up to 12 kw.

So it seems the Porsche Home Energy Manager could be ideal as I think it ensures the drain for charging the Taycan does not over load the available power and trip I assume.

There is very little information on the website and the dealers are pretty useless. So does anyone have experience of this unti. It's 552 euros so not a ridiculous price.

This is the description on the website

En combinaison avec le Mobile Charger Plus ou le Mobile Charger Connect, le Home Energy Manager peut empêcher la surcharge de l'alimentation électrique de votre maison pendant la charge de votre véhicule et permettre également une charge optimisée en termes de coûts. Comprend deux capteurs de courant.Note : l'intégration du Home Energy Manager dans le système électrique de la maisonet l'installation par un prestataire de services ou un électricien est nécessaire. Pour plus d'informations, veuillez contacter votre Centre Porsche

In combination with the Mobile Charger Plus or the Mobile Charger Connect, the Home Energy Manager can prevent your home's power supply from being overloaded while charging your vehicle and also enable cost-optimized charging. Includes two current sensors. Note: Integration of the Home Energy Manager into the home's electrical system and installation by a service provider or electrician is required. For more information, please contact your Porsche Center
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I've been thinking about this unit, then I found out that it's easier (and much less expensive) to install a 3-phase where I park.
Also, make sure that you have enough free space inside your "box", so a professional electrician (authorized ?) will be able to install it. So, before you buy it, check with your electrician.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've been thinking about this unit, then I found out that it's easier (and much less expensive) to install a 3-phase where I park.
Also, make sure that you have enough free space inside your "box", so a professional electrician (authorized ?) will be able to install it. So, before you buy it, check with your electrician.
Is this single phase only. I need to go 3 phase anyway as my single phase supply is the maximum. So I was going to have a 3 phase supply to the garage.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
As I remember, it can handle 3-phases as well.
After all, there would be no sense to handle single phase only.
I'm not familiar with electro grid in France.
In my house, I have 3x25 A so I can set 16A to charge the car without any problems.

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As I remember, it can handle 3-phases as well.
After all, there would be no sense to handle single phase only.
I'm not familiar with electro grid in France.
In my house, I have 3x25 A so I can set 16A to charge the car without any problems.
Thanks will ask Enedis when they come.

Would be useful to here if others have this unit and how good it is.

AndiL

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ID. 3
Country flag
One of the main use cases of the Porsche HEMS is overload protection, so exactly what you are looking for. This works for 1-phase and 3-phase installations. For this to work with charging you need to use the PMC+ oder PMCC charger from Porsche.

I don't have the unit, but I know how it works and that it works :)

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
One of the main use cases of the Porsche HEMS is overload protection, so exactly what you are looking for. This works for 1-phase and 3-phase installations. For this to work with charging you need to use the PMC+ oder PMCC charger from Porsche.

I don't have the unit, but I know how it works and that it works :)
Exactly what I was thinking. I really need a user manual for it so will try a search online

AndiL

First Name
Andreas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, ID. 3
Country flag
Just do a google search for "porsche home manager user manual" and you'll get them

OP
OP
Kev946

Kev946

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just do a google search for "porsche home manager user manual" and you'll get them
Yes found them.

I'm thinking an option is to stay with the single phase supply 12KVA 12KW and use the PHEM unit to manage the load and supply to the car for charging. This would hopefully mean I can chaqrge up to 7.2KW overnight as usually not much load. This way I would only need a single phase supply to my garage and do not have to pay to upgrade my house supply to 3 phase.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I live in rural France an we have 12KVA 12KW single phase and this cannot be upgrade unless I go to 3 phase. I have an appointment for the supplier to look at options.

My problem is we have electric heating alongside a wood burner. So the power drain from the heaters varies significantly from on 2KW at night, (our bedroom) and 7.2 KW during the day downstairs. If all heaters are on which is rare as they all have smart timers then the drain can be up to 12 kw.

So it seems the Porsche Home Energy Manager could be ideal as I think it ensures the drain for charging the Taycan does not over load the available power and trip I assume.

There is very little information on the website and the dealers are pretty useless. So does anyone have experience of this unti. It's 552 euros so not a ridiculous price.

This is the description on the website

En combinaison avec le Mobile Charger Plus ou le Mobile Charger Connect, le Home Energy Manager peut empêcher la surcharge de l'alimentation électrique de votre maison pendant la charge de votre véhicule et permettre également une charge optimisée en termes de coûts. Comprend deux capteurs de courant.Note : l'intégration du Home Energy Manager dans le système électrique de la maisonet l'installation par un prestataire de services ou un électricien est nécessaire. Pour plus d'informations, veuillez contacter votre Centre Porsche

In combination with the Mobile Charger Plus or the Mobile Charger Connect, the Home Energy Manager can prevent your home's power supply from being overloaded while charging your vehicle and also enable cost-optimized charging. Includes two current sensors. Note: Integration of the Home Energy Manager into the home's electrical system and installation by a service provider or electrician is required. For more information, please contact your Porsche Center
Did you search on line?
Sponsored

Attachments