Dumb question or Dumb dealer?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
yes, three days.
no, it was not their first, they made five or six of them before.
i’ve been told that they had to repeat same steps several times…and they are working 8 hours/day only…
Are you saying it needs 3x8hr of constant human attention (no running unattended update overnight)? Or do they launch it and leave it in the parking lot for 3 days (in which case who cares how many hours per day they work)?
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Are you saying it needs 3x8hr of constant human attention (no running unattended update overnight)? Or do they launch it and leave it in the parking lot for 3 days (in which case who cares how many hours per day they work)?
No, of course not.
I'm sorry since I haven't made myself clear enough.
I don't know how much time they actually spent.
I wanted to say that they had my car (almost) three days (Monday 8am-Wednesday 2pm).
I've been told that Porsche norm for uPdate is 3,5 hours, but they had to repeat several procedures several times... and they are not working after hours... so, I guess, when it was 5pm (or even before), they haven't left the car running uPdate by itself...

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No, of course not.
I'm sorry since I haven't made myself clear enough.
I don't know how much time they actually spent.
I wanted to say that they had my car (almost) three days (Monday 8am-Wednesday 2pm).
I've been told that Porsche norm for uPdate is 3,5 hours, but they had to repeat several procedures several times... and they are not working after hours... so, I guess, when it was 5pm (or even before), they haven't left the car running uPdate by itself...
Sound very inefficient (and potentially expensive, even if only for loaner car costs).

Reactions: B61

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Sound very inefficient (and potentially expensive, even if only for loaner car costs).
Unattended update.

We saw this before with the last safety update which took a day or so. The dealers were instructed that only 1.25 hours of labour would be payable by Porsche (free to the customer).

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Unattended update.

We saw this before with the last safety update which took a day or so. The dealers were instructed that only 1.25 hours of labour would be payable by Porsche (free to the customer).
So 1.25 hrs of labor + 3 days of a loaner car? Still sounds expensive (to Porsche and/or the dealer). If I ever want to switch jobs, I should contact Porsche engineering. ;)

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
So 1.25 hrs of labor + 3 days of a loaner car? Still sounds expensive (to Porsche and/or the dealer). If I ever want to switch jobs, I should contact Porsche engineering. ;)
The volume and regularity of recalls must (is) costing Porsche a fortune worldwide whilst we continue to beta test the Taycan.

OP
OP
Ryun43

Ryun43

First Name
Ryun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S...991.2 GT3 Touring
Country flag
So the car is still there. They had trouble getting the update to complete. Finally, porsche tech line determined that somewhere down the line an earlier update had not been properly completed. So they are completing that one and then trying wjn8 later today. We will see

• Sad

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The volume and regularity of recalls must (is) costing Porsche a fortune worldwide whilst we continue to beta test the Taycan.
Tesla does the same beta-testing-by-customers, but it doesn't cost them that much - not even LTE data since most Teslas connect to WiFi in the garages they are in (also the only way to get updates maps since they are over-WiFi update only). I'm surprised Porsche has not made OTA a higher priority and solved it by now.
Sponsored