flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Perhaps I missed a thread, but anyway, in my neck of the woods, the vast majority of high speed chargers at EA sites are unavailable. Anyone know why? Thank you
Sponsored

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Perhaps I missed a thread, but anyway, in my neck of the woods, the vast majority of high speed chargers at EA sites are unavailable. Anyone know why? Thank you
I assume you mean Virginia.

the EA app shows them as unavailable?

or you tried using them?

or the Porsche ChargeAmerica app says they are unavailable?

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
OP
OP
flickroll

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I assume you mean Virginia.

the EA app shows them as unavailable?

or you tried using them?

or the Porsche ChargeAmerica app says they are unavailable?
Can’t use them yet because my freaking Taycan is currently undeliverable due to a faulty steering sensor part. Part, and car, should be delivered in a couple of weeks.

I noticed about zero 350 chargers show as available in VA and surrounding areas. 50’s are showing up and running most everywhere.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can’t use them yet because my freaking Taycan is currently undeliverable due to a faulty steering sensor part. Part, and car, should be delivered in a couple of weeks.

I noticed about zero 350 chargers show as available in VA and surrounding areas. 50’s are showing up and running most everywhere.
In which app? Or what website?

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
According to the app, there’s only one 350 kWh Charger available in MA - the majority top out at 150. Maybe they‘re doing some kind of network wide upgrade?

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
See this thread: https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/all-chargers-down-at-ea-hq-in-reston.2060/
When my Taycan finally arrives next month (?), I plan to update PlugShare with EA charger status. If more people contribute, the crowd-sourced data will perhaps reach the level of usefulness that caused Google to buy Waze.
In the Atlanta area PlugShare is invaluable for this very reason. There's a group of people in the EV Club of the South, and a few individuals in particular, who have made it their mission to keep PlugShare accurate and hyper-current. This, in addition to the regular levels of crowd-sourcing the app sees, makes it the most reliable resource by far for charging in and around the ATL.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
<facepalm>

Ok... there are TWO apps that can be used to check on a station’s availability (and initiate a charging session).
App #1: Electrify America
App#2: ChargeAmerica (made by Porsche)

If it’s a problem with the EA stations, it’ll show in both apps.
If it’s a problem withPorsche’s servers it will only show up in that App.
If you actually went to the stations, that’s a different piece of interesting data.

That’s why I asked.

Reporting a problem here requires helpful data (Like the actual stations you refer to) if you want help. If you are just venting, that’s different and requires no useful data.

OP
OP
flickroll

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
WTF facepalm?? Why would I be venting, was reporting a problem. Had no idea I needed to check two different apps to check the status of EA’s chargers. What I saw was on EA’s app.

Last edited:
OP
OP
flickroll

flickroll

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
In the Atlanta area PlugShare is invaluable for this very reason. There's a group of people in the EV Club of the South, and a few individuals in particular, who have made it their mission to keep PlugShare accurate and hyper-current. This, in addition to the regular levels of crowd-sourcing the app sees, makes it the most reliable resource by far for charging in and around the ATL.
Thank you for the helpful response. Sounds like the PlugShare app is the way to go, and EA’s app is about as reliable as are EA’s chargers.

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
According to the app, there’s only one 350 kWh Charger available in MA - the majority top out at 150. Maybe they‘re doing some kind of network wide upgrade?
I know they were doing service to the chargers on a rolling basis, but many of the sites had already been done (eg Auburn). Weird that they're down now. They really have to get their act in gear.

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
there are TWO apps that can be used to check on a station’s availability
And a third way, because in the PCM it shows the charger availability too. I'm sure it's the same info as in the NA / Porsche app.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Facepalm... because if you want help you have to first help us understand the details of the problem. We can't give useful help without useful data to define the problem. If I (or anyone) asks specific questions in response to a call for help, it's because we need specific answers. We want to help, but we don't read minds. We can't see your phone, your computer, or your car. We don't have video cameras recording what you've been doing for the past hour or day.

If you call a support line for help and all you tell them is "My thing isn't working" then they can't help you. WE can't help you. So we ask questions to help narrow down the problem.

You said "in my area". I had to go to your profile to see where you were located. It's more helpful to say "Of the five EA locations in Virginia, only two were Green in the EA App. I didn't look in the ChargeAmerica App. I didn't try charging there, I was just looking at the EA App." Then we can start with that information.

So, I looked at the EA app. It said that you had two available Stations in Virgina, and 3 that were gray (indicating "Coming Soon"). So I was confused about what you were seeing. We needed to be on the same page. So I asked. Twice. Then I facepalmed.

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And a third way, because in the PCM it shows the charger availability too. I'm sure it's the same info as in the NA / Porsche app.
Yup, and even a fourth, the My Porsche App, and Fifth, the MyPorsche Webpage. I'd HOPE it is the same data. :) But I'd expect different delays in propagation of data. I don't assume.

And then there's Plugshare, ABetterRoutePlanner, ChargeHubEV, etc.
Sponsored