Electric sound

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
For reasons that escape me, my mate thinks such behavior is juvenile and decidedly unimpressive. I’ll just share it with friends and tell them I bought it with the money I saved by not buying the color matched key fob.
The logic thinking tells you that theoretically - all the hardware should be there (as the car needs to have the outside speakers due to law regulations). Yet, I don't see any reason why the dealership was supposed to lie to me saying that the devices are not there if I didn't choose the option.

It makes me quite angry that they didn't let me edit the config, although there was 3 months till (much) delayed production date.

When I get the car in 2 weeks, I'll check it - even for my curiosity.
we know for sure that comfort access can be added afterwards with just a software update and thats £774 in the UK so surely sports sound at £354 must just be software
Sponsored

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Maybe they aren't lying. Maybe there are additional or upgraded speakers which are installed with the sport sound purchase. *shrug*

OP
OP
rstr

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Well, we'll see when my car is delivered. I hope they were lying ;)

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
The only FoD I can see in my Porsche is the Porsche Intelligent Range Manager at 419 Euro. Considerable more expensive then to tick the option at point of order! But then again I have the Sound and the Comfort Access.
Maybe there will be further upgrades or features offered in the future?

There is also a upgrade for some security pack at an annual rate?

OP
OP
rstr

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
The only FoD I can see in my Porsche is the Porsche Intelligent Range Manager at 419 Euro. Considerable more expensive then to tick the option at point of order! But then again I have the Sound and the Comfort Access.
Maybe there will be further upgrades or features offered in the future?

There is also a upgrade for some security pack at an annual rate?
The security pack - is in fact access in the app to current location of Your car. Otherwise You will not be able to see its' location...

The Range Manager is a real FoD, yet Porsche said that more are coming and many rumors say that the first one will be the comfort access. Some rumors said that the other would be the Electric Sound, yet as I found out - it won't be there as it (probably) requires some hardware.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
The security pack - is in fact access in the app to current location of Your car. Otherwise You will not be able to see its' location...

The Range Manager is a real FoD, yet Porsche said that more are coming and many rumors say that the first one will be the comfort access. Some rumors said that the other would be the Electric Sound, yet as I found out - it won't be there as it (probably) requires some hardware.
I do not have the security pack. However, one of the services in the Porsche Connect app is Car Finder. I can see the current location of my Taycan using Car Finder.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag

It is an upgrade from the Location of the car. I can find and see my car in the app. I believe it is an enhancement to the car alarm system that will send a message to the monitoring centre if the alarm is triggered? And then possibly engage recovery to trace it down and recover the car.

wemct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Cayenne S Coupe; '22 AMG SL55; Taycan 4S(sold)
Country flag
It is an upgrade from the Location of the car. I can find and see my car in the app. I believe it is an enhancement to the car alarm system that will send a message to the monitoring centre if the alarm is triggered? And then possibly engage recovery to trace it down and recover the car.
In the US, the insurance companies no longer provide discounts on insurance premiums for cars with recovery systems like LoJack. If my car is stolen to a large extent I would rather not have it recovered/found. More than likely, by the time the authorities find the car it will have quite a bit of damage or missing components. I would rather have the insurance company replace the car.

OP
OP
rstr

rstr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
@wemct - thanks for the info. My reply based on information from Porsche, but maybe I understood it badly as I wasn't paying much attention to it.

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
we know for sure that comfort access can be added afterwards with just a software update and thats £774 in the UK so surely sports sound at £354 must just be software
Hi Lfcdan,
Where did you see the FoD price for Comfort Access? In the Porsche app?
And can you purchase it now?

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Hi Lfcdan,
Where did you see the FoD price for Comfort Access? In the Porsche app?
And can you purchase it now?
I haven’t seen the price for it on FOD that was the price when adding the option on the configurator, what i was trying to say was that if they charge £774 for something that is just a software update then surely the sports sound at £354 must be able to be added as software too

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I haven’t seen the price for it on FOD that was the price when adding the option on the configurator, what i was trying to say was that if they charge £774 for something that is just a software update then surely the sports sound at £354 must be able to be added as software too
Ah ok, sorry I misunderstood that.

But I have also been told that the Comfort Access will be available as FoD and should arrive in oct/November. But no clue regarding price. I assume that it will be same or slightly more than the price in the configurator.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was told that the prices would be the same as the configurator, some options can be paid for monthly/annually others are just permanently

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was told that the prices would be the same as the configurator, some options can be paid for monthly/annually others are just permanently
Ok, sounds good.

Austrian4S

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport (2011), Range Rover (2016)
Country flag
My car has an official (after a series of delays) production date set to 29th of May. I really liked the Electric Sound option, when I first drove a demo car in March. Since that time I tried to add it to my config (made without a demo ride), but even nearly 3 months ago I got a final answer that the configuration is locked by the factory and my dealer is not able to request to change it any more. Is there, in this group, maybe someone who could help anyhow to still edit this config? I'd be really grateful! (I guess not, but it's always worth to try... ;) ).

Or do You know if this will be able to be added as retrofit or OTA update? I've heard that in the US yes, but not in Europe...

Nevertheless, it's irritating that You order a top-market-segment car and although the production is very much delayed, they don't even let You add something...
All I can say is the electric sound for me is a “don’t leave home with out it” I have it as my diamond button on the dash. Wish it was on all the time and hope it can be in the future. I want everyone to know this is an electric sports car and with the sound on everyone looks. For me if you can get it get but it’s up to you but honestly it is the first thing I do when I get in is turn it on
Sponsored