Electrify America newsflash: A Commitment to Quality and Customer Satisfaction - August 23, 2022

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Ali n all. have been happy with EA chargers. Of course there could be more of them especially as the pace of EV sales had picked up in the past 6 months or so.
The one time I did have an issue and had to call they answered quickly and rebooted the charger instantly. As this whole EV thing is still sort of in its infancy In othing is perfect in it's early days.
My only real complaint is that even though it has two plug per unit apparently I am told only one can be use at a time, which seems inefficient.
Can anyone confirm that only one plug can be in use on a dual unit?
SR
correct the two cables are for redundancy and different charge port locations - EA has a new design charger with only one cable and longer cord - the two cables are pointless…added complexity and cost for very little value…
Sponsored

OP
OP

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
correct the two cables are for redundancy and different charge port locations - EA has a new design charger with only one cable and longer cord - the two cables are pointless…added complexity and cost for very little value…
If you encounter a problem at EA charging station - stops charging early, difficulty starting charge, etc. - is there any point in trying the other cable on the station to resolve the problem? Thought I saw something on youtube about sensor in one cable might be bad but not the other. I have not tried this.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
If you encounter a problem at EA charging station - stops charging early, difficulty starting charge, etc. - is there any point in trying the other cable on the station to resolve the problem? Thought I saw something on youtube about sensor in one cable might be bad but not the other. I have not tried this.
I've had some limited luck "switching" cables - but nothing consistent.

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag
Ali n all. have been happy with EA chargers. Of course there could be more of them especially as the pace of EV sales had picked up in the past 6 months or so.
The one time I did have an issue and had to call they answered quickly and rebooted the charger instantly. As this whole EV thing is still sort of in its infancy In othing is perfect in it's early days.
My only real complaint is that even though it has two plug per unit apparently I am told only one can be use at a time, which seems inefficient.
Can anyone confirm that only one plug can be in use on a dual unit?
SR
Correct - Only one plug per pod at a time. This is both for redundancy if one is broken and two perhaps so you can "get in line by parking in the open unusable spot" and/or the second plug "may" start working when the first one is finished...but I don't know if it is automatic or manual.

mod72346

First Name
Mod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2021
Country flag
EA charging stations run Windows 7. Let me repeat. EA charging stations run Windows 7. What else can you expect from a tech company that put all their chips on the 15 year old computer technology????

Last edited:

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
EA harging stations run Windows 7. Let me repeat. EA harging stations run Windows 7. What else can you expect from a tech company that put all their chips on the 15 year old technology????
Good luck to keep it secure!

285kph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW X5 - 2021 Taycan - 2022 BMW X5 45e
Country flag
Only EA station in reasonable distance from my home had one of its three chargers out of commission for 3 months now. Pathetic.

Superrat

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Crosss Turismo
Country flag
I have found that a call to EA service they can sometimes reboot charger (sometime wait time is short other time not so much)
Other times I have plugged in an "out of service red warning" and it the charger worked. Also found if I get an charging error message I shut car off ( start button) and turn back on.... it reset the car and I was able to charge..hope that helps someone...
Sponsored