First long road trip (400+ miles)

David Bennett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf 8r
Country flag
Really have to say what a joy it is to take a long distance road trip in a Taycan. I drove from the midlands to the north of Scotland today, 400plus miles. I charged with Ionity at Gretna and Perth, 20 minutes or so at each while I took a coffee. Charging was flawless and impressively quick to 80%. The comfort of the Taycan meant I arrived at the hotel relaxed ready for more. Tomorrow, I’ll be changing to “giving it the beans” on country roads. I’m sure it’s going to be fun. We have such great cars!
Sponsored

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Very positive and encouraging (for a change) - thanks - lovely part of the world -

Done the 500 in an ICE a few years back - and love all the west coast scenic routes (Kyles, Mallaig etc) stunning! - Can't wait to try it in an EV - with the right planning-flexible-mindset of course.

cheers

OP
OP
David Bennett

David Bennett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf 8r
Country flag
Mods - thanks for placing me in the right forum. Clearly l‘m still a newbie.

OP
OP
David Bennett

David Bennett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf 8r
Country flag
Very positive and encouraging (for a change) - thanks - lovely part of the world -

Done the 500 in an ICE a few years back - and love all the west coast scenic routes (Kyles, Mallaig etc) stunning! - Can't wait to try it in an EV - with the right planning-flexible-mindset of course.

cheers
Yeah what a great part of the world. Right now I’m just outside Perth. Tomorrow, old milItary road to Aviemore then over to Ullapool. Final stop tomorrow Dornoch castle. Then a dash through the great glen past FW and into Glencoe before a night in Glen Etive, them home on Saturday.

Not doing too much of the FAR north as I’ve been on those roads before and the Taycan is WIDE.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Yeah what a great part of the world. Right now I’m just outside Perth. Tomorrow, old milItary road to Aviemore then over to Ullapool. Final stop tomorrow Dornoch castle. Then a dash through the great glen past FW and into Glencoe before a night in Glen Etive, them home on Saturday.

Not doing too much of the FAR north as I’ve been on those roads before and the Taycan is WIDE.
Ullapool one of my favourite places - great times fishing from the rock edges around there - jealous! ... love the road to Mallaig too - one of the best. TBH anywhere round there is gorgeous. Lucky so-and-so.
Sponsored