Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan4S. 2017 Macan S
Country flag
I experienced a flat left rear this week and found out Taycan Michelins are special and the dealer only had one. Also remember there is no spare and not even a “goo” kit. Plus it has to be a flatbed tow truck. Almost too much for AAA but Porsche Help came through. Thank god only one flat. If it had been two they would have had to ship another in.
Sponsored

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I experienced a flat left rear this week and found out Taycan Michelins are special and the dealer only had one. Also remember there is no spare and not even a “goo” kit. Plus it has to be a flatbed tow truck. Almost too much for AAA but Porsche Help came through. Thank god only one flat. If it had been two they would have had to ship another in.
I believe the Taycan comes standard with a flat tire sealant kit, located in the frunk. There's a plastic piece on the side of the frunk that you remove to get at it along with other tools like an air compressor. I can't remember if it's on the left or right side.

OP
OP
Capt Mike

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks. I’ll check. I think I’d only use it if the tow wasn’t available. It might have helped as I was on the roof of a parking garage and the large flatbed couldn’t get up there. There was enough air for me to creep to the street. Interestingly the driver was saying that new garages being built are shorter than previously and that means towers can’t get it.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
I recently changed to winter tires and while I was at the tire installer looking for the tire key in the frunk, I found an air pump and a tire 'fix kit' (tire sealant) . I have no idea how effective the tire sealer is since I have had not much luck in the past with this goop.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The tire sealing kit, tool kit, tow hook and air pump are located inside the frunk. There are 2 plastic covers on either side. Just grab the handle and lift them off.

AHayat

First Name
Amjad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF, Audi A7 Comp Edition, CLS53 AMG
Country flag
I believe the Taycan comes standard with a flat tire sealant kit, located in the frunk. There's a plastic piece on the side of the frunk that you remove to get at it along with other tools like an air compressor. I can't remember if it's on the left or right side.
Does that not have to be ordered as an accessory, I have paid 50-60 euros with my order

Brian IRL

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW E30 Cabriolet, VW ID4
Country flag
Does that not have to be ordered as an accessory, I have paid 50-60 euros with my order
It is standard in America, but an option in the UK & Ireland

356B

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
9114s
Good practical thread. I have a AC/12V tire pump I carry in each car that doesn't have a spare. I'm too lazy to unpck and repack the Porsche pump. It is good to have anyway to keep up with temperature-caused tire pressure changes. I figure unless the tire has a catastrophic failure, having the pump in the trunk makes short work of getting to somewhere where they can repair the tire.

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
it sucks. I had a flat and waited 10 days between Porsche receiving the new tire and a Taycan certified technician Being available to install it.

OP
OP
Capt Mike

Capt Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
it sucks. I had a flat and waited 10 days between Porsche receiving the new tire and a Taycan certified technician Being available to install it.
I didn’t think it required a Taycan tire expert too!!!

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Beside the sealant a plug tire kit can resolve 90% of the puncture.
I'm not kidding as I fixed a dozen of tires that way. Worked very well if the hole is at least one inch way from the tire wall.

Porsche Taycan Flat tire. Things to consider. 1642208520815

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag