SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Agree with this. I have not found a way to disable it either.
Really helpful confirmation so I am not the only one annoyed but this unnecessary and not manageable Nav behavior. Then my next question to the long-time owners like yourself, do you know a way to see (or configure to see) HV battery Temp anywhere else but in the right tube Information cluster?
Sponsored

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Really helpful confirmation so I am not the only one annoyed but this unnecessary and not manageable Nav behavior. Then my next question to the long-time owners like yourself, do you know a way to see (or configure to see) HV battery Temp anywhere else but in the right tube Information cluster?
This is the only place to show it AFAIK. I have suggested before that choices for the «tubes» are too restricted. Everything now selectable for right should also be selectable for left, and vice versa. That would help a lot I think.

(Not a long-time owner yet with just over six months and 11k km. But I will be sometime!)

magnitude

First Name
Heinz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
1. Turn by turn navigation pop up in the right Tube
If I didn't have HUD, I think I would actually like it, but the HUD usually shows more detailed instructions anyway. Not a dealbreaker, because I'm happy to dismiss it with the Back button, but I agree that it would be nice to be able to turn that off.

2. HomeLink Controls implementation.
Yeah, I'm not "loving" it either. They seem to have made an okay job to make sure the HomeLink button is always available, e.g. showing it on the right fringe of the display if dismissed (or if the PCM does not boot up fully), but I don't get what's so wrong about a physical button at or near the rear view mirror either. They didn't mind the light buttons there.

3. Porsche Design clock is not designed for showing time.
The Sports Chrono also has trouble in that regard. It only has a digital readout of the time, with only the seconds hand being analog, and that seconds hand covers up the time when near the 30 seconds mark. Yeah, I get that it's "primarily" meant to be used as a chrono...

The other issue with it is that I already have at least two, with CarPlay three, digital clocks available in the car at nearly all times. If this was a fully analog clock, it would provide an actual benefit (I prefer reading analog clocks, it gets me a better feeling of the passing time).

As it is, I really wish I could opt to make it a compass instead.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
The compass was one of the several reasons I stuck with a CT4S rather than a ST GTS…
Compass, Gravel Mode and increased clearance for me. The last two came handy couple of weekends ago when the Porsche nav decided to guide me though some state park road and I found myself driving up some gravel road, in the middle of a forest, in the middle of a night. The road was too narrow to turn around, at one point I got surrounded by a bunch of deer (first time ever I enabled sport noise on purpose, it actually worked, deer scattered, I kept it on for the remainder of the trip). My wife started to get a panic attack, so once I got to some flat grassy part I did a 3 point U-turn and we went back down. Once we arrived in civilization again (maybe 15 minutes later), I cancelled the nav, then selected the exact same destination again, and this time it guided us through actual paved roads. Not sure WTF happened to the nav to guide us through unpaved forest roads when there were paved state highways available, but if it was a sedan or ST, I might have had to setup camp for the night in the middle of the forest.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Compass, Gravel Mode and increased clearance for me.
Similar for me, the extra bump travel for ride, gravel mode for relative’s farm tracks but a big part was the 21” Cross Turismo are by far my favourite wheels available for any Taycan model.
I haven’t used gravel mode yet.

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
The compass was one of the several reasons I stuck with a CT4S rather than a ST GTS…
I would have optioned the compass for my ST if I could. But the other CT features are not favourites of mine (plastic cladding in particular), and CT cannot be had as GTS anyway.

I do wonder, however, why Porsche are so strict about which options are available for what models. It would have cost them next to nothing to open up a bit, and some customers would have been happier.

mikezhang31

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Compass, Gravel Mode and increased clearance for me. The last two came handy couple of weekends ago when the Porsche nav decided to guide me though some state park road and I found myself driving up some gravel road, in the middle of a forest, in the middle of a night. The road was too narrow to turn around, at one point I got surrounded by a bunch of deer (first time ever I enabled sport noise on purpose, it actually worked, deer scattered, I kept it on for the remainder of the trip). My wife started to get a panic attack, so once I got to some flat grassy part I did a 3 point U-turn and we went back down. Once we arrived in civilization again (maybe 15 minutes later), I cancelled the nav, then selected the exact same destination again, and this time it guided us through actual paved roads. Not sure WTF happened to the nav to guide us through unpaved forest roads when there were paved state highways available, but if it was a sedan or ST, I might have had to setup camp for the night in the middle of the forest.
The porsche nav loves to take you "off road" for some reason. When I had a loaner macan I drove to one of my favorite biking trails and the nav took me on an unpaved gravel roads in the area that I didn't even know existed

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I would have optioned the compass for my ST if I could. But the other CT features are not favourites of mine (plastic cladding in particular), and CT cannot be had as GTS anyway.

I do wonder, however, why Porsche are so strict about which options are available for what models. It would have cost them next to nothing to open up a bit, and some customers would have been happier.
The dislike of the wheel arch cladding was the bit that got me to consider a ST (the rest of the cladding is optional), the more sporty suspension programming and shorter bump suspension travel of the GTS was a reason for me not to on the roads around here. The only ST at the time was the GTS.

I don’t like diamond turned wheel finish much, particularly with gloss black, but my dealer wouldn’t order my winter tyres on the satin black GTS standard wheels since I didn’t have a GTS. You are right, a bit daft.

Reactions: or1

or1

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
The dislike of the wheel arch cladding was the bit that got me to consider a ST (the rest of the cladding is optional), the more sporty suspension programming and shorter bump suspension travel of the GTS was a reason for me not to on the roads around here. The only ST at the time was the GTS.

I don’t like diamond turned wheel finish much, particularly with gloss black, but my dealer wouldn’t order my winter tyres on the satin black GTS standard wheels since I didn’t have a GTS. You are right, a bit daft.
I have seen pictures of CTs with wheel arch cladding painted body colour, that looks like an improvement. Have you considered that?

Winter wheels: my dealer «allowed» me to choose from the whole Taycan (including CT) list. I prefer rather open rims, so I took Offroad Design. Painted gloss black, I admit…

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Similar for me, the extra bump travel for ride, gravel mode for relative’s farm tracks but a big part was the 21” Cross Turismo are by far my favourite wheels available for any Taycan model.
I haven’t used gravel mode yet.
Only time I used Gravel Mode to date was to access the extra lift crossing insanely deep drainage channels on the side of a town road in the Hill Country TX where we stayed in a B&B :) Actually worked like charm and needed every inch!

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
SOLVED: Turn by turn navigation pop up in the right (3rd tube)

@or1
@magnitude

I am going to be showing off here as a rookie owner who solved this very annoying problem on the first solution drive and second drive of the car overall. This is not in the manual to be fair as I had plenty of time to read it over a 2 year period when I started dreaming of owning the Taycan.

Problem: Navigation turn by turn (official name of the feature is Maneuver Info) pops up and goes away when a navigation event is upcoming. Can be dismissed with a Back button, but annoying distraction if you do not need it, as Center screen shows this info just fine. My annoyance of this is because I want to see my Information data in the right tube to monitor the HV battery temp going up without distraction when I am navigating to a Charger.

Solution: The most obvious thing is certainly to dig into Center screen Map/Navigation options but there is nothing there. However, we all know there are Options hidden under items in the Instrument cluster for certain features when they are active or shown. So I dug into them and what do you know Maneuver Info is a CHECK BOX, thank goodness they thought of this!

1. Navigation must be in scope for the Instrument Cluster
2. Select Navigation in the 3rd Tube.
Then the Navigation turn info will become active (not pictured).

Porsche Taycan Funny little things that drive me crazy | diva safe zone 1688735162323

3. Now the killer Rookie move, this feature has Options underneath that look like this.

Uncheck Maneuver info and the pop up no longer will be happening in the right tube, but still showing just fine in the Map/Nav view on the Center screen where it should be! Now you can decide if you need to see the turn-by-turn Maneuver or NOT! I would be totally fine seeing it if I am just navigating normally, but I do not want to see when I want to monitor HV battery preconditioning real time.

Porsche Taycan Funny little things that drive me crazy | diva safe zone 1688735254716

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I'm a simple guy

Most stuff that drives other people crazy is usually a non issue for me like the sinking of the brake pedal sometimes, any possible hum or chirp, whatever. I usually shrug off these little things (in my view)

However, during my last "inter country" trip, Spotify started to get on my nerves.

So background information: Spotify has been working just fine since start. Our Taycans actually have two Spotify (in case someone hasn't noticed). One native and the other through android auto (I suppose it's the same for iOS).

The native version has better quality than the android auto one. No idea why, it just is what it is.

Really early on, I noticed that despite having selected native Spotify, occasionally I would find that AA Spotify was playing instead.

Easy solution: disable Spotify in AA and voila. Native Spotify all the time. I shrugged it off like so many other small things and lived happily for over a month and a half.

However, last weekend I went for a longer trip and Spotify would occasionally just stop. I would check and the source had switched from native Spotify to AA and just a thinking circle would appear. Obviously because it couldn't activate AA Spotify (I disabled it, remember?). I would switch back to native and it would start again. Unfortunately this repeated like a dozen times over the entire journey.

So now I've finally figured it out. Whenever the car loses Internet for a few seconds, the pcm will attempt to switch to AA to keep playing.

It makes sense but it doesn't at the same time.

I disabled AA Spotify for a reason. I want the higher native Spotify. I rather wait 10 seconds until it reconnects then switching to AA Spotify.

So now I'm stuck in indecision. Should I enable AA Spotify again and just live with the fact it will switch to it (and never back) whenever there's an Internet glitch or keep it disabled and spend my life manually switching back to native Spotify whenever it goes silent? Both scenarios kinda suck tbh.

Anyone came up with a solution to this? Porsche obviously didn't as it's switching sources regardless if AA Spotify exists or not.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I'm a simple guy

Most stuff that drives other people crazy is usually a non issue for me like the sinking of the brake pedal sometimes, any possible hum or chirp, whatever. I usually shrug off these little things (in my view)

However, during my last "inter country" trip, Spotify started to get on my nerves.

So background information: Spotify has been working just fine since start. Our Taycans actually have two Spotify (in case someone hasn't noticed). One native and the other through android auto (I suppose it's the same for iOS).

The native version has better quality than the android auto one. No idea why, it just is what it is.

Really early on, I noticed that despite having selected native Spotify, occasionally I would find that AA Spotify was playing instead.

Easy solution: disable Spotify in AA and voila. Native Spotify all the time. I shrugged it off like so many other small things and lived happily for over a month and a half.

However, last weekend I went for a longer trip and Spotify would occasionally just stop. I would check and the source had switched from native Spotify to AA and just a thinking circle would appear. Obviously because it couldn't activate AA Spotify (I disabled it, remember?). I would switch back to native and it would start again. Unfortunately this repeated like a dozen times over the entire journey.

So now I've finally figured it out. Whenever the car loses Internet for a few seconds, the pcm will attempt to switch to AA to keep playing.

It makes sense but it doesn't at the same time.

I disabled AA Spotify for a reason. I want the higher native Spotify. I rather wait 10 seconds until it reconnects then switching to AA Spotify.

So now I'm stuck in indecision. Should I enable AA Spotify again and just live with the fact it will switch to it (and never back) whenever there's an Internet glitch or keep it disabled and spend my life manually switching back to native Spotify whenever it goes silent? Both scenarios kinda suck tbh.

Anyone came up with a solution to this? Porsche obviously didn't as it's switching sources regardless if AA Spotify exists or not.
Have you tried changing the audio settings in your android app to use a higher bitrate over cellular connections? My Spotify sounds great all the time a I have the audio quality set to "Very High" for both wifi and cellular streaming. I hate the glitchy PCM native Spotify app.
Sponsored