Glovis Sunrise Taycan Cruise

Brassfactory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It is going to San Diego and it is due in on the 19th. San Diego port arrival shows it arrives in the 19th and leaves on the 19th as well. They must be very efficient off loading the cars, unless of course, it is just mine :CWL::CWL:.
It´s not just yours. They are pulling one off for me too. :)
Sponsored

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yup, the Glovis has left Manta and has an ETA in San Diego of 8:30am on the 19th. Supposedly will then depart for Benicia the same day and arrive by the 21st.

By truck it should only take two days to reach Seattle, assuming it stops in Portland. Here's hoping for no port delays. My expected delivery date is the 24th, which seems a touch optimistic but is still possible.

Obviously given the situation in California we have to be wary of big delays at the port. Knock on wood our cars will slip through, though.

OP
OP
PNWTaycan4S

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘91 Polar Silver 964, ‘20 Dolomite Silver Taycan 4S, ‘19 Gravity Blue Nero EV
Country flag
Yup, the Glovis has left Manta and has an ETA in San Diego of 8:30am on the 19th. Supposedly will then depart for Benicia the same day and arrive by the 21st.

By truck it should only take two days to reach Seattle, assuming it stops in Portland. Here's hoping for no port delays. My expected delivery date is the 24th, which seems a touch optimistic but is still possible.

Obviously given the situation in California we have to be wary of big delays at the port. Knock on wood our cars will slip through, though.
Hope that timetable holds. Hoping for a Seattle arrival no later than August 7th, ahead of a planned road trip. Fingers crossed.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hope that timetable holds. Hoping for a Seattle arrival no later than August 7th, ahead of a planned road trip. Fingers crossed.
So far the ship has arrived at each destination a few hours early, so the crew doesn't seem to be fucking about. Weather & traffic both look ideal.

I really think the port is our only source of concern but I'm optimistic we'll be fine. There is a lot of pressure from high up to get these cars distributed as quickly as possible.

OP
OP
PNWTaycan4S

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think either July 20 or 21.
My dealer said today the Glovis Sunrise will arrive Tuesday the 21st in Benicia. He designated a “hot’ delivery, placed on a truck and in Seattle by the 25th. He said delivery the following week. PanameraFrank’s should be riding north on I-5 with mine, delivered to the dealer a little earlier in Tacoma. We’ll have some of the best of the Northwest’s summer to still enjoy!

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My dealer said today the Glovis Sunrise will arrive Tuesday the 21st in Benicia. He designated a “hot’ delivery, placed on a truck and in Seattle by the 25th. He said delivery the following week. PanameraFrank’s should be riding north on I-5 with mine, delivered to the dealer a little earlier in Tacoma. We’ll have some of the best of the Northwest’s summer to still enjoy!
I've been waiting over 6 months for my Taycan(as have most of us, obviously) but I swear each day right now feels worse than all 6+ months combined.

I hope you're right! Funny enough, this would possibly exactly hit my updated delivery date of 07/24 that I've had since April.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The Glovis Sunrise is back on radar and headed up the Baja coast. ETA to San Diego moved up a few hours, now expected to land at 11am on Sunday and depart the same day.

We just have to knock on wood that there are no delays at either port, the crew seems to be making excellent time.

OP
OP
PNWTaycan4S

PNWTaycan4S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Glovis Sunrise is back on radar and headed up the Baja coast. ETA to San Diego moved up a few hours, now expected to land at 11am on Sunday and depart the same day.

We just have to knock on wood that there are no delays at either port, the crew seems to be making excellent time.

Porsche Taycan Glovis Sunrise Taycan Cruise BAB0A2C9-1842-484C-B5CB-C1D3DBF989B0

It should be fast cruising with great weather and clear seas. Let’s hope the captain gives the “full speed ahead!”

LivingWithPorsches

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan 4S (July '20), ‘66 Porsche 912, ‘11 987 Spyder
Country flag
I am on the Glovis Sunrise as well. Jet Black / Beige combo and heading to Bellevue. I placed my order in Dec, so it has been a long wait. Counting down the days!

Curtis6525

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Panamera 4s
Country flag
Is it just me or is the Glovis Sunrise going backwards from the San Diego Port? Anybody have an update on the ship and ETA?

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Is it just me or is the Glovis Sunrise going backwards from the San Diego Port? Anybody have an update on the ship and ETA?
Looks like it either stopped for a break or was told it needs to wait. Sad day.

New ETA for San Diego is 07/20 at 3:30. So that pushes us back one or two days (so far).

Last edited:

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Looks like the Glovis should reach Benicia today. Just a matter of how quickly it gets unloaded & the cars reach trucks.

It's kind of funny but if there was a way for me to buy a few boxes of beer for the Glovis crew, I would. :CWL:
Sponsored