Glovis Supreme left Emden

RidewithEMC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 911 Turbo; 2018 Audi Q7; 2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I’m so glad to hear that Walnut Creek and Redwood City Porsche have received vehicles off Glovis Supreme. Our SA at Marin told us on Monday we should be able to pick-up the car today, but as of today he says it’s still at the port. Luckily it’s not on the stop sale list so it shouldn’t have any missing parts. Maybe I need to skip town for a day or two?
Sponsored

optik382

First Name
Fletcher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2023 XC90 PHEV, 2022 Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I went for a RWD with PBP. What are you waiting on?
The purist’s choice- nice! I am getting Cross Turismo Turbo in Neptune Blue (the dad’s choice!) It’d be fun to get a drive together with the Glovis Supreme voyagers in the Bay Area once we all get our Taycans. Alice’s to Pescadero or something of the sort.

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
The purist’s choice- nice! I am getting Cross Turismo Turbo in Neptune Blue (the dad’s choice!) It’d be fun to get a drive together with the Glovis Supreme voyagers in the Bay Area once we all get our Taycans. Alice’s to Pescadero or something of the sort.
Another RWD w/ PB+ here..... Sacramento area. I'd totally be down for a Glovis Supreme Bay Area Boat Buddies Cruise......... lol

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
You know, you're right, mine also says "actual date of completion." And I agree, TYD is pretty crappy right now, but the concept is good. They clearly launched it before it was ready!
Good concept TYD is but its not like Fedex or UPS tracking which folks seem to expect. Its just estimates guys and a window into the process of getting a car from the factory to you. Nice gimmick but not meant to have the level of fidelity that some buyers expect.
I agree with you. It’s very frustrating to know your car is sitting at the Docks. My car arrived in San Diego one day early on 12/27 and no one can give me any info. TYD says arrival at Dealer 1/14 but I have no confidence of that happening. 18 days to get a car to the Dealer(200 miles) is not great service. Porsche says they have no control over transporting their cars.
At this point they really don't have a lot of control over the transportation piece. That's handled by contract trucking with Porsche NA and the Port authorities likely for the logistics and access/hours or operations piece with the DOT playing a part too in terms of regulations governing some of the Interstate transport rules (i.e. how long a driver can drive for example). Add in COVID19 shipping delays and some things are just taking a bit longer and we're now a bit acutely more aware of this whole process with everything from ordering Taycan's to TV's or toilet paper over the last 12-15 mos. They'll arrive at some point....

My CT arrived off the Glovis on 12/27 also and unloaded from what intel I've seen on 12/28-29 sometime before the ship left. The Taycans were NOT the first off the ship...its huge and did carry other manufacturer's cars from across the pond and from VW. Thus it is very likely that many of our cars were not ready to begin PDI processing until 12/30 and the port actually did shut down at least for that part of things over the New Years holiday so 1/3/2022 I hear is the first ability to actually move cars they've had.

Hope that helps...probably not for those dying for their cars or who missed the 12/31/21 delivery date for tax credit assurity.

optik382

First Name
Fletcher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2023 XC90 PHEV, 2022 Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
My TYD just updated to "en route to dealership," which is the Porsche Steven's Creek in my case. The SA texted me to say I can pick it up on Tuesday morning, but he will check in on Monday incase there are any hiccups with the diagnostics and pre-delivery check. I got the VIN, and I'm calling to set up the insurance.

Progress! Woohoo!

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
Lol well I'm off to Vegas tomorrow so I expect my dealer to give me a call when I'm midway there!
And true to expectations, just got the call lol. My 4S is at the dealership! Have to wait till Monday to go see it now.

OP
OP
Kellster

Kellster

First Name
Kellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan
Country flag
And true to expectations, just got the call lol. My 4S is at the dealership! Have to wait till Monday to go see it now.
Are you in the Bay Area?

pshrosbree

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Cross Turismo 4 (Y1BBD1)
Country flag
Today my CT in Benicia transitioned to 'En Route to Porsche Dealer'.

Porsche Taycan Glovis Supreme left Emden 1641605019283

The trip to the dealer is scheduled to take seven days for 660 miles, which is about 4 mph. I am pleased they are being so careful.

Last edited:

RidewithEMC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 911 Turbo; 2018 Audi Q7; 2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
For everybody who has been notified that their vehicles are en route to the dealership, have you already added your cars to the My Porsche app and what is the status that is showing? I added the vehicle to the app when we purchased it on 12/30 and got the VIN.

I called Porsche NA customer service to find out if they could give me any info on when my car will leave the port. I tried to get access to TYD but she said since I had added the car to my Porsche, TYD wasn’t available. She is showing exit from the port on 1/14 and delivery on 1/21. This makes no sense when several other Bay Area dealerships have gotten vehicles off the Glovis Supreme in Benicia.

I am super frustrated with the lack of concrete information from Porsche prior SA. How the hell do they have no info on when a truck will bring the vehicle to the dealership? Isn’t that logistics 101?

OP
OP
Kellster

Kellster

First Name
Kellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan
Country flag
For everybody who has been notified that their vehicles are en route to the dealership, have you already added your cars to the My Porsche app and what is the status that is showing? I added the vehicle to the app when we purchased it on 12/30 and got the VIN.

I called Porsche NA customer service to find out if they could give me any info on when my car will leave the port. I tried to get access to TYD but she said since I had added the car to my Porsche, TYD wasn’t available. She is showing exit from the port on 1/14 and delivery on 1/21. This makes no sense when several other Bay Area dealerships have gotten vehicles off the Glovis Supreme in Benicia.

I am super frustrated with the lack of concrete information from Porsche prior SA. How the hell do they have no info on when a truck will bring the vehicle to the dealership? Isn’t that logistics 101?
I have a car at Benicia for delivery to Sacramento and have been on TYD since October. It shows that port processing occurred on 12/30 and arrival to dealer expected 1/14. From what I have pieced together once the port processing is completed, the trucking company, which is not a contractor of the dealers, is notified the cars are ready for pickup which then get in a queue. I called the port manager when the ship came in and thought he mentioned the trucking company "Ceres" and looked at their website which cannot be accessed for scheduling except by the account holder.

An additional observation -- if you look at a satellite view of the port, there are thousands of cars parked around there. It seems to be a major delivery port for the northwest, if not the only port. When I spoke to the port manager he also said they had unloaded Chevys, VWs, and other models in addition to the Porsches. So there are a lot of cars to move out of that port.

This doesn't help you know when the car will arrive but explains a bit about why many of us are still waiting.

pshrosbree

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Cross Turismo 4 (Y1BBD1)
Country flag

I had the 1/14 en route scheduling you mention above, but it was updated last night to 1/7:

Porsche Taycan Glovis Supreme left Emden 1641674750393

OP
OP
Kellster

Kellster

First Name
Kellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan
Country flag
I had the 1/14 en route scheduling you mention above, but it was updated last night to 1/7:

1641674750393.png
Might be good news. Maybe it got loaded on a truck. I however am still “sittin’ on a dock by the bay.”

Last edited: