Glovis Supreme left Emden

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
Just texting with my SA. Doubtful release of vehicles until after the holiday. Sounds like the port and onward transport are already winding down for the New Year.
Yep exactly what the dealership told me..I think I've come to terms with it ?..well a little anyway.

Still hoping to make my Vegas trip on the weekend of the 7th in the new car but who knows..
Sponsored

optik382

First Name
Fletcher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2023 XC90 PHEV, 2022 Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Just got word from the San Jose dealership. No chance of delivery this week. He’s hoping the cars will get delivered “some time next week.”

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
Just got word from the San Jose dealership. No chance of delivery this week. He’s hoping the cars will get delivered “some time next week.”
Yes my car was on same ship and I have then get PDI'd then transported via ship to me...no way I'll see it as soon as you guys but my TDY did update from 4 Feb '22 to 14 Jan '22 so that is a plus! :)
My car was unloaded, presumably, on 12/27 at SD..TYD changed from 1/28 delivery to 1/14.. But dealership hasn't heard anything else. I think it's the transport or lack of it that's the bottleneck. Everything is log jammed on that end. Hopefully get more clarity within the next 48hrs.
Yes from what I've heard once at port the unloading process can take 24hrs depending on car and manufacturer..then its up to the PDI folks and that can take a few days depending on condition of the cars and any needs as the Mulrooney is done at that time as any fixes or due items. Last year my 992 took about a week to get thru PDI at San Diego. Transportation throughout 2021 has been the real limiting factor also as you note.
Just texting with my SA. Doubtful release of vehicles until after the holiday. Sounds like the port and onward transport are already winding down for the New Year.
Yes my buddy in Cali waiting on a car from another manufacturer says his info is that port transport and processing for 2021 has pretty much done for today by COB on 12/30. Tomorrow is New Years Eve and combined with COVID sick workers things are likely closed down till 3 Jan 2022.
Yep exactly what the dealership told me..I think I've come to terms with it ?..well a little anyway.

Still hoping to make my Vegas trip on the weekend of the 7th in the new car but who knows..
Enjoy Vegas with and/or without the car but given transportation should restart on Monday 3 Jan 2022 Vegas isn't that far!

Porsche Taycan Glovis Supreme left Emden Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 18.39.24

RidewithEMC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 911 Turbo; 2018 Audi Q7; 2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
We purchased our 4S from Marin and were able to complete the paperwork yesterday morning to get the deal done in 2021. We were down in LA on a quick vacation and did everything remotely. I was planning on picking up the car from the dealership tomorrow but now y’all have me worried the dealership doesn’t even have possession of the vehicle.

OP
OP
Kellster

Kellster

First Name
Kellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan
Country flag
We purchased our 4S from Marin and were able to complete the paperwork yesterday morning to get the deal done in 2021. We were down in LA on a quick vacation and did everything remotely. I was planning on picking up the car from the dealership tomorrow but now y’all have me worried the dealership doesn’t even have possession of the vehicle.
Has your TYD updated to show port processing?

RidewithEMC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Has your TYD updated to show port processing?
We never even had access to TYD! My husband was interfacing with the dealer and handled the order. We never got an email or access to TYD. Is there a way to look it up by VIN number? We have that!

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
I'm thinking you bought a dealership car and did not place an order with Porsche directly via a dealer allocation? In that case, you can just confirm with Marin if the car is on lot or enroute?

RidewithEMC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm thinking you bought a dealership car and did not place an order with Porsche directly via a dealer allocation? In that case, you can just confirm with Marin if the car is on lot or enroute?
No, we got an allocation in September for a November build. Build Code PNSPH948. The car wasn’t supposed to arrive until January 14 but got on the ship early somehow. With all the delays we didn’t think we would get the car until February at the earliest.

wurzitup

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan
Country flag
No, we got an allocation in September for a November build. Build Code PNSPH948. The car wasn’t supposed to arrive until January 14 but got on the ship early somehow. With all the delays we didn’t think we would get the car until February at the earliest.
Was your car probably on the RCC Classic a while back then? And not the Glovis Supreme?
I haven't yet heard anybody, even Bay Area people had cars delivered or done deals off of Glovis Supreme cars?

RidewithEMC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Was your car probably on the RCC Classic a while back then? And not the Glovis Supreme?
I haven't yet heard anybody, even Bay Area people had cars delivered or done deals off of Glovis Supreme cars?
It was on the Glovis Supreme. We just heard from our sales rep that the port was closed for the holiday so they do not yet have our car, but it should be ready by Thursday. We completed the sale on 12/30 because I wanted to be sure we got the federal tax credit in 2021.

OP
OP
Kellster

Kellster

First Name
Kellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan
Country flag
We were all in/on the same boat literally and figuratively -- trying to get the sale in before the 31st for purposes of the tax credit. Every indication we have, including a phone call with the port manager on Thursday, is that the Taycans were unloaded on Thursday but didn't move from the port.

As I understand the process, once the car goes through port processing and is loaded on a truck, the dealer gets notice of the exit and at that point takes title to the vehicle, can legally sell the vehicle, transfer title, and register the vehicle. Eligibility for the tax credit has two components -- purchased in the tax year and put "in-service" in the tax year. I haven't researched what "in-service" means but I am pretty certain it at least includes DMV registration in the owner's name.

I had asked about what your TYD said because it seems from reading other posts of folks who have recevied their cars, the TYD was stuck for days/weeks with the ship thousands of miles away but once that transaction at the port occurred (port processing), TYD catches up and reports that it has been processed and is on the way to the dealer.

What your dealer did to finesse this transaction is not clear under the circumstances.

Ronglos

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Chevy Bolt, 2022 Taycan
Country flag
We were all in/on the same boat literally and figuratively -- trying to get the sale in before the 31st for purposes of the tax credit. Every indication we have, including a phone call with the port manager on Thursday, is that the Taycans were unloaded on Thursday but didn't move from the port.

As I understand the process, once the car goes through port processing and is loaded on a truck, the dealer gets notice of the exit and at that point takes title to the vehicle, can legally sell the vehicle, transfer title, and register the vehicle. Eligibility for the tax credit has two components -- purchased in the tax year and put "in-service" in the tax year. I haven't researched what "in-service" means but I am pretty certain it at least includes DMV registration in the owner's name.

I had asked about what your TYD said because it seems from reading other posts of folks who have recevied their cars, the TYD was stuck for days/weeks with the ship thousands of miles away but once that transaction at the port occurred (port processing), TYD catches up and reports that it has been processed and is on the way to the dealer.

What your dealer did to finesse this transaction is not clear under the circumstances.
My Taycan also came off the Glovis Supreme in San Diego. My dealer could do nothing without the invoice. We talked new year's eve.

RidewithEMC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To be honest, it’s not all that clear to me either. All I know is I wired a hefty down payment on 12/30 and we signed the sales contract on 12/31. The sales contract includes all the registration and licensing fees, and typically there is somebody at the dealership who processes the paperwork for the DMV side of things. I sent my tax guy the sales contract but it remains to be seen whether the “placed in service” requirement will be met.

It’s strange to me that there is such a divergence in practice between the dealerships. There is a lot of conflicting information from various sources. I was simply sharing my experience incase it was helpful to anybody.

jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
Just called the finance department at a local Porsche dealership. I was told that Porsche Financial, as of today, is still applying the $7500 federal tax credit as a cap cost reduction. So if you are leasing, this whole thing is just a distraction. If you are buying, it certainly bodes well for the changes not being retroactive, at least in Porsche Financial's estimation..

Anyone else checked this out?
Sponsored