jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
Well just got a msg from my rep. My car was released to transport. He's saying it'll be here by the end of the week. Let's see. No change in TYD though.
Congrats! I'm hoping to get a similar call soon. Sold my car an hour ago and currently carless. Feels weird. Good time to be selling though!
Sponsored

pshrosbree

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Cross Turismo 4 (Y1BBD1)
Country flag
My CT is in Benicia and TYD says port processing completed 12/30/2021. The original TYD timeline said seven days between port processing completion and transporting the vehicle to Seattle, then a further seven to pick-up from the dealer. This notwithstanding TYD say transport on 14/1 and pick-up on 21/1, which is the very first TYD timeline. The departure of the vessel from Emden was more than two weeks early, but this seems to have had no effect on the delivery date.
Perhaps Porsche should revisit their decision to transport their vehicles on rickshaws even if it is the only way to make Taycans carbon neutral.

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
My CT is in Benicia and TYD says port processing completed 12/30/2021. The original TYD timeline said seven days between port processing completion and transporting the vehicle to Seattle, then a further seven to pick-up from the dealer. This notwithstanding TYD say transport on 14/1 and pick-up on 21/1, which is the very first TYD timeline. The departure of the vessel from Emden was more than two weeks early, but this seems to have had no effect on the delivery date.
Perhaps Porsche should revisit their decision to transport their vehicles on rickshaws even if it is the only way to make Taycans carbon neutral.
I agree with you. It’s very frustrating to know your car is sitting at the Docks. My car arrived in San Diego one day early on 12/27 and no one can give me any info. TYD says arrival at Dealer 1/14 but I have no confidence of that happening. 18 days to get a car to the Dealer(200 miles) is not great service. Porsche says they have no control over transporting their cars.

optik382

First Name
Fletcher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2023 XC90 PHEV, 2022 Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Yes, it is definitely ironic to see these things move so slowly when they are so wicked fast under their own power!

The Glovis Supreme got to Benicia on the 30th, so that is actually when port processing started, not when it completed. My TYD still says it’s processing as well.

Apparently they are also running low on both rickshaws and rickshaw drivers as a delayed result of the tariffs that the former president put in place a couple years back. It sounds like it could be a while And apparently the ports are focusing on moving perishable goods before they move “durable goods” like our cars.

One other thing to consider, it may not be wise to rush your dealer to deliver the car too soon after they receive it. In some of the other threads here it sounds like taking delivery without all of the proper preparation done by the dealer would be a big mistake.

yama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Non Porsche
Country flag
Yay! Which dealer?
Redwood City. Although I notice the Arrival at Dealer says estimated date of completion 1/14/22. But it says that is the current stage.

Porsche Taycan Glovis Supreme left Emden 9B1B1F2A-6FBC-4F8A-BC4D-0AC421931957

pshrosbree

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Glovis Supreme got to Benicia on the 30th, so that is actually when port processing started, not when it completed. My TYD still says it’s processing as well.
For 'Port Processing' TYD no longer has an 'Estimated Date of Milestone Completion' as it had, but rather an 'Actual Date of Milestone Completion: 12/30/2021' which is confusing. It seems to mean that the milestone that has completed is 'Start Port Processing' but they erroneously call it 'Port Processing'. These foibles do not really matter in the TYD app, but I am hoping not to find such UX blunders all over the Taycan software, or if present they are fixed over the air quickly. I wonder if this sort of problem is a result of bad UX design, or a language issue.

I would never rush people to deliver things. I realize most of the prep is by people who are more familiar with combustion engines than operating systems, so I understand it can take time with the Taycan, and I definitely want it correct when delivered to me. What I do expect is milestones set without prompting to be met, and my TYD milestones have hopped around like a bouncy ball on a squash court. I would not be surprised if Porsche regrets launching TYD. I do like the idea, though, and it would be very cool if they added video footage of your actual vehicle moving through various stages of production.

optik382

First Name
Fletcher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For 'Port Processing' TYD no longer has an 'Estimated Date of Milestone Completion' as it had, but rather an 'Actual Date of Milestone Completion: 12/30/2021' which is confusing. It seems to mean that the milestone that has completed is 'Start Port Processing' but they erroneously call it 'Port Processing'. These foibles do not really matter in the TYD app, but I am hoping not to find such UX blunders all over the Taycan software, or if present they are fixed over the air quickly. I wonder if this sort of problem is a result of bad UX design, or a language issue.

I would never rush people to deliver things. I realize most of the prep is by people who are more familiar with combustion engines than operating systems, so I understand it can take time with the Taycan, and I definitely want it correct when delivered to me. What I do expect is milestones set without prompting to be met, and my TYD milestones have hopped around like a bouncy ball on a squash court. I would not be surprised if Porsche regrets launching TYD. I do like the idea, though, and it would be very cool if they added video footage of your actual vehicle moving through various stages of production.
You know, you're right, mine also says "actual date of completion." And I agree, TYD is pretty crappy right now, but the concept is good. They clearly launched it before it was ready!

optik382

First Name
Fletcher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Redwood City. Although I notice the Arrival at Dealer says estimated date of completion 1/14/22. But it says that is the current stage.

9B1B1F2A-6FBC-4F8A-BC4D-0AC421931957.jpeg
OK well mine is just going another ~15 miles South to San Jose... so fingers crossed for some progress! Which model are you getting?

optik382

First Name
Fletcher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Minutes after I took off for London, my dealer texted that my car arrived at Porsche Walnut Creek. I knew I could make it happen by leaving! ?

Be back Saturday night, so all good.
Thanks for doing that for all of us. Same concept as "would you like a beautiful woman (or man) to get on the elevator at the next stop? Just fart."

pshrosbree

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You know, you're right, mine also says "actual date of completion." And I agree, TYD is pretty crappy right now, but the concept is good. They clearly launched it before it was ready!
In fact, in some parts of the TYD the video talks about "your 911", so it clearly needs some work. Let's pretend this work is subcontracted and not done by Porsche. ;)

GG77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Cayenne S
Country flag
Minutes after I took off for London, my dealer texted that my car arrived at Porsche Walnut Creek. I knew I could make it happen by leaving! ?

Be back Saturday night, so all good.

Lol well I'm off to Vegas tomorrow so I expect my dealer to give me a call when I'm midway there!

yama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Non Porsche
Country flag
OK well mine is just going another ~15 miles South to San Jose... so fingers crossed for some progress! Which model are you getting?
I went for a RWD with PBP. What are you waiting on?
Sponsored