jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
Picked up on Thursday afternoon. Glad I waited; very nice job on the front clip PPF and sure was nice to have that done prior to pickup. Finishing the ceramic coat today and then maybe some pictures. Took the family to lunch yesterday and was surprised at the launch performance with 4 on board. Better than I had expected based on the numbers. Way better. Both my sons are 6'2" and wife tall as well. No complaints in the back. They all absolutely love the car, as do I.

Porsche Taycan Glovis Supreme left Emden image0

OP
OP
Kellster

Kellster

First Name
Kellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan
Country flag
Argh! I was stuck at the port with software updates. Now delayed at the dealer with software updates. SA reports last night “we are leaving her hooked up overnight. The foreman will be in at 7:00 am and we hope it works.” In other words, don’t come to your 11:00 am pick up appointment. Wait for our call.

Ruh Roh.

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Picked up on Thursday afternoon. Glad I waited; very nice job on the front clip PPF and sure was nice to have that done prior to pickup. Finishing the ceramic coat today and then maybe some pictures. Took the family to lunch yesterday and was surprised at the launch performance with 4 on board. Better than I had expected based on the numbers. Way better. Both my sons are 6'2" and wife tall as well. No complaints in the back. They all absolutely love the car, as do I.

image0.jpg
The Car is ok-but the Dog is fantastic!

OP
OP
Kellster

Kellster

First Name
Kellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan
Country flag
Beautiful pup. Does h/she get to go for a ride in the Taycan?

I have two and one of them runs out of the garage and jumps in the car when I come home. Nice warm fuzzies but not sure I want him to keep that up.

jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
Thanks! Unfortunately, Sadie is a little old to be jumping in and out of the car anymore (and at 95 pounds, a little heavy to maneuver). She's doing well though. There aren't that many Berners her age around, so we're lucky.

jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
Finished the ceramic coating on the non PPF areas. I'll hit the PPF later. Not much paint correction required, so the PDI was fairly gentle. Saved me some work. Tint to go.

Porsche Taycan Glovis Supreme left Emden DSCF0026.JPG
Porsche Taycan Glovis Supreme left Emden DSCF0030.JPG

OP
OP
Kellster

Kellster

First Name
Kellie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan
Country flag
You’re doing the ceramic coating yourself?

jvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey CT4
Country flag
You’re doing the ceramic coating yourself?
I am. I have some detailing experience. There are more forgiving products out there that are good for intermediate level users. I prefer to be more hands on, apply a single coat, and deal with a yearly freshen. The professional products promise years of durability, so the cost is amortized.

Most importantly, to do it yourself properly, you need to be comfortable with the large amount of prep work; decontamination wash, paint correction, and polishing. If not, you'll memorialize all the imperfections under the ceramic.

optik382

First Name
Fletcher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, 2023 XC90 PHEV, 2022 Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag

I have two and one of them runs out of the garage and jumps in the car when I come home. Nice warm fuzzies but not sure I want him to keep that up.
That is a great dog. Riker- our 8 year old cream golden who weighs about 65 lbs- likes his new CT so far… you can see him pretty comfy in the back here!
The very back is too short but he can easily stand in at least half of the volume (more near the back seat) and can fully lie down utilizing the lower space.
I put in the all-weather mat from Porsche and also a mat with bumper-protector flap off Amazon.

Porsche Taycan Glovis Supreme left Emden 6BEAE53B-2423-44AA-A8E6-BBAFFB0FB3ED

Porsche Taycan Glovis Supreme left Emden AD660311-B021-417F-8A77-4BA6E3476374

Porsche Taycan Glovis Supreme left Emden 73FED47E-7081-432D-AFED-3900FBE868F1

Porsche Taycan Glovis Supreme left Emden 00B7CDCA-B743-42FD-999C-0AA0026C714C

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
That is a great dog. Riker- our 8 year old cream golden who weighs about 65 lbs- likes his new CT so far… you can see him pretty comfy in the back here!
The very back is too short but he can easily stand in at least half of the volume (more near the back seat) and can fully lie down utilizing the lower space.
I put in the all-weather mat from Porsche and also a mat with bumper-protector flap off Amazon.

6BEAE53B-2423-44AA-A8E6-BBAFFB0FB3ED.jpeg

AD660311-B021-417F-8A77-4BA6E3476374.jpeg

73FED47E-7081-432D-AFED-3900FBE868F1.jpeg

00B7CDCA-B743-42FD-999C-0AA0026C714C.jpeg
I am. I have some detailing experience. There are more forgiving products out there that are good for intermediate level users. I prefer to be more hands on, apply a single coat, and deal with a yearly freshen. The professional products promise years of durability, so the cost is amortized.

Most importantly, to do it yourself properly, you need to be comfortable with the large amount of prep work; decontamination wash, paint correction, and polishing. If not, you'll memorialize all the imperfections under the ceramic.
Yes did ceramic on my 992 myself after doing my previous RS5. It does take time...for me a two day project if you start late or full day. Detailing is my side hobby aka weekend relief for my cars so I don't mind spending a few hours with the power washer a few good detail products and a good beverage is a good Saturday sometimes. :). On my 1st time out...made a few mistakes in that I left the ceramic on too long (Crystal Lite and ExO V3) and thus got a bit of haze in a small area. That was HARD to remove...but in an area really that you had to look for to fine and only about 2"x2" overeall. But learned from that to go slow and small when applying and basically not leaving it on too long before buffing and removing. Having extra microfiber cloths helps a ton too. But yes enough videos on Youtube and posts on forums that I cannot imagine paying the prices for a ceramic application on a car now especially a new one like my CT4 which need very little in the name of paint correction from the factory a majority of the time. Only car now I won't do is my Shakir Orange BMW M4...new to me and has a few areas of paint that need a bit more than a touch up from prior owner especially the bumper and my wife's Black Sapphire Metallic X3e30...black polishing just gives me nightmares! Looks great when clean and done but getting there....oh my!

Porsche Taycan Glovis Supreme left Emden 6BEAE53B-2423-44AA-A8E6-BBAFFB0FB3ED

Porsche Taycan Glovis Supreme left Emden AD660311-B021-417F-8A77-4BA6E3476374

Porsche Taycan Glovis Supreme left Emden 73FED47E-7081-432D-AFED-3900FBE868F1

Porsche Taycan Glovis Supreme left Emden 00B7CDCA-B743-42FD-999C-0AA0026C714C
Love the color and thanks...that will help with my two terrors...they love to go for rides tho....ordered the rear cargo mat also!

Porsche Taycan Glovis Supreme left Emden IMG_7872.JPG

Porsche Taycan Glovis Supreme left Emden Taycan Ct front