Got pulled over today…

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Pretty sure it’s an instant ban or even jail time if you get caught doing 50mph over the limit in the UK. Although if it’s the police pulling you over (rather than getting caught on camera) maybe you can still charm your way out of it
That depends if the cop has proof for your speed. When I was very young (not in the USA), I once got pulled over for passing a police car on a highway my brake pedal all the to the floor, creating smoke and leaving rubber on the pavement. He ticketed me for 120km/h in 100km/h zone, but never showed up in court. His guestimate of my speed wasn't even close, so I figured he had no tangible proof of my actual speed (I also had a radar detector so I knew he didn't have one on). It was middle of the night (3am?), good weather, and the empty 5 lane, well maintained highway allowed me to unleash the full power the factory had endowed my car with. Before going to court, I did some research and realized the LEO had very little time from when I would have shown up in his rear view mirror to when I was passing him, which means he didn't even see me until I passed him in a cloud of smoke. He was 2 lanes over and I didn't realize he was a cop until I saw the reflective decals on his car when passing him.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
you can have you views on how you live your life but please do not try to impose your set of values onto any else.
I am stating an opinion, not imposing my views / values on anyone. Others might have a different opinion.
Boasting about exceeding the speed limit (to such an extent) on a public forum is likely to receive some responses.

Last edited:

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I am stating an opinion, not imposing my views / values on anyone. Others might have a different opinion.
Boasting about exceeding the speed limit (to such an extent) on a public forum is likely to receive some responses.
<plonk>

timc3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo, BMW 330e
Country flag
Pretty sure it’s an instant ban or even jail time if you get caught doing 50mph over the limit in the UK. Although if it’s the police pulling you over (rather than getting caught on camera) maybe you can still charm your way out of it
Well I know for a fact in the past it didn’t always in the UK though maybe it is different in 2022 but I would not advise trying it.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
Well I know for a fact in the past it didn’t always in the UK though maybe it is different in 2022 but I would not advise trying it.
Thst far over the limit in the UK would normally be an instant ban (unless there were any mitigating circumstances) and (I think) could be escalated to a dangerous driving charge, not just speeding, which would have much higher potential penalties.
Sponsored

Last edited: