HeTakesThatFivePercent

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S (incoming)
Country flag
Nope I’m too cheap for the 4s….it’s not a year round car for me. Does anyone get the fancy stitching? I really like the open wheels. I guess you do too.
Lol, I very much doubt you are cheap, especially considering the absurd amount Porsche charges for the Mission E wheels and the chalk interior! Between those two it is almost $10k which should be criminal.o_O

However, I have the chalk interior on my ‘17 panamera and it is amazing - looks fantastic, surprisingly easy to keep clean and almost a necessity here in the SoCal heat. I don’t like beige and once had a black interior - never again!

As for the criticism that the car looks too much like a Tesla, I do understand that viewpoint but the Mission E wheels are just too good to pass up, IMO! Once my car gets here (late Dec) I will have a full tint put on and post photos here! The chalk interior won’t really be visible from outside at all, so less Tesla-like.:like:
Sponsored

Porchfan

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Panamera4, 2021AMG GLE 53
Country flag
probably should delete the post and send the phone number via private message…just to avoid people scrapping your number and then spamming you.
Thanks already gone. can you delete your message.

SeattleYates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan 4S, PanameraTurbo,993cab,i8/M5/M3/914
Country flag
Congrats! She's a beaut! I agree that the Mission E wheels are worth it. It'd be a beautiful car without them, but they are truly distinctive! BTW, Gentian Blue was my favorite color, but my wife said "No more blue cars for awhile!" So we went with Cherry, which I also love.

As for estimated delivery, once I got my TrackYourDream link, they shortened the time 1 week (not sure what the computer was smoking that day!), and then got extended 3 weeks (2 weeks beyond initial ETA), where it has remained...and that's less than a month now!

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
Welcome to the club!

While I am aware it’s personal preference, I just really don’t like the colour combination here. It looks too much like a Tesla in my opinion.
I logged in just to respond to this comment because it's so bizarre to me. Does Telsa have a monopoly on navy blue? I can't wrap my mind around why exactly that makes it look like a Tesla. The road is filled with blue cars from all manufacturers. And no sane human being would see a Taycan in any color combination and mistake it for a Tesla (thank god), even if you pried off the Porsche logo and stuck a T in its place.

Last edited:

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
I logged in just to respond to this comment because it's so bizarre to me. Does Telsa have a monopoly on navy blue? I can't wrap my mind around why exactly that makes it look like a Tesla. The road is filled with blue cars from all manufacturers. And no sane human being would see a Taycan in any color combination and mistake it for a Tesla (thank god), even if you pried off the Porsche logo and stuck a T in its place.
While I have absolutely no interest in being dragged into anything here, let’s just get two things straight (and perhaps make it less bizarre)

1. I pointed out the combination of blue exterior and white interior. That combination (not the car) looks too much like a (combination found in) Tesla to me.

2. This is a forum, people are going to have opinions and they are not always going to align with yours.

If you find this bizarre, well then I am sorry, but that’s what I think of the combination.

jld1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S23
Country flag
While I have absolutely no interest in being dragged into anything here, let’s just get two things straight (and perhaps make it less bizarre)

1. I pointed out the combination of blue exterior and white interior. That combination (not the car) looks too much like a (combination found in) Tesla to me.

2. This is a forum, people are going to have opinions and they are not always going to align with yours.

If you find this bizarre, well then I am sorry, but that’s what I think of the combination.
I'm no stranger to forums nor differing opinions. But this seems less like an opinion and more of an observation that could be based on some sort of evidence. I still don't really see why blue/white immediately reminds you of Tesla, when it can be found in other manufacturers' cars. I guess I'll never really know why and I'm fine with that, it's just maybe what comes first to your mind? For me, I don't think of Tesla at all when I see that combination.

Didn't mean to come off as harsh or critical of your statement. Apologize if so. Cheers.

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
I'm no stranger to forums nor differing opinions. But this seems less like an opinion and more of an observation that could be based on some sort of evidence. I still don't really see why blue/white immediately reminds you of Tesla, when it can be found in other manufacturers' cars. I guess I'll never really know why and I'm fine with that, it's just maybe what comes first to your mind? For me, I don't think of Tesla at all when I see that combination.

Didn't mean to come off as harsh or critical of your statement. Apologize if so. Cheers.
You know, it’s totally fine. It’s what it reminds me of. Nothing more, nothing less. It’s all good, no hard feeling and no need to apologize! :)

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag

It is probably just that Blue is one of the whole 5 colors you can choose from on a Tesla and white is one of the 2 (3 if you choose a model S), black, black/white, black/cream, interiors you can choose.

I like your color combination and I, for one, would never mistake a Porsche for a Tesla ;) My only concern would be keeping it clean.
Sponsored