OP
Miwa

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
If you have allocation, you should be able to get a list of dates. If there aren't dates, you don't have allocation. Your salesperson can give you a print out that looks like this (or at least give you a commission number):
Porsche Taycan Greetings Bay Area ppl! taycan2
Sponsored

Kevin2dx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 McLaren 720S
Country flag
Yes, I had to configure this at the dealership (Porsche of Stevens Creek). They said that I had a few more weeks to make changes but no firm date yet for when it locks.
Awesome thanks! I'm dealing with Porsche Fremont and they didn't mention anything to me about this :confused: I'll make sure to stop by this weekend and mention it

Dak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Taycan 4s Neptune Blue
Country flag
If you have allocation, you should be able to get a list of dates. If there aren't dates, you don't have allocation. Your salesperson can give you a print out that looks like this (or at least give you a commission number):
taycan2.png
Thanks. I'll ask my sales contact about this.

BayAreaKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 650i Convertible
Country flag
Anybody seeing this who lives in Los Altos? I see a Gentian Blue car driving around sometimes and I want to say hi!

JohnSeoul

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Macan S
Country flag
Hey Bay Area folks,

I took delivery of my Turbo S on Friday. The driving experience is incredible; the PCM and interface, not so much. The interface has a steep learning curve, I still can't get Homelink to work, and the settings are not as individually tailorable as I believed. I will be scouring the forums for lessons.

I drove Quimby/Mt. Hamilton and then Sierra/Felter/Calaveras roads yesterday. The car is surprisingly nimble in the twisties; it felt faster than my 911 C2S. Fun driving, but it was sobering how close the SCU complex got to San Jose --

Porsche Taycan Greetings Bay Area ppl! Taycan 3
Porsche Taycan Greetings Bay Area ppl! image6

Kevin2dx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hey Bay Area folks,

I took delivery of my Turbo S on Friday. The driving experience is incredible; the PCM and interface, not so much. The interface has a steep learning curve, I still can't get Homelink to work, and the settings are not as individually tailorable as I believed. I will be scouring the forums for lessons.

I drove Quimby/Mt. Hamilton and then Sierra/Felter/Calaveras roads yesterday. The car is surprisingly nimble in the twisties; it felt faster than my 911 C2S. Fun driving, but it was sobering how close the SCU complex got to San Jose --

Taycan 3.jpeg
image6.jpeg
That Mamba Green lookin' good :clap:

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
and then Sierra/Felter/Calaveras roads yesterday.
Hi fellow Bay Area person.

I am not familiar with that route. What is the entry and exits for that route or are there any places I can use Maps to get me there (e.g. like going to Hamilton observatory) and is it easy to figure out along the way?

I am coming from the South Bay (near cupertino).

thanks

JohnSeoul

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Macan S
Country flag
Hi fellow Bay Area person.

I am not familiar with that route. What is the entry and exits for that route or are there any places I can use Maps to get me there (e.g. like going to Hamilton observatory) and is it easy to figure out along the way?

I am coming from the South Bay (near cupertino).

thanks
I took the counterclockwise route -- Exit 101 at Tully East, turn right at Quimby, drive Quimby up and over the hill to Mt. Hamilton Road (Hwy 130), then turn left and drive Mt. Hamilton Road down to a left at Alum Rock, then right at White Road (turns into Piedmont), right to go up Sierra (stop at Sierra Vista for incredible views and close up view of a burned area), keep going as Sierra turns into Felter, go down the mountain a bit and then take a right on Calaveras to Calaveras Reservoir. Backtrack and return to 680 via Calaveras.

The roads are fun for twisties, the views great, and the SCU complex fire lines are clearly and soberingly visible along most stretches. Really, really appreciate the fire crews. Heroes indeed. Note that Mt. Hamilton Road past Quimby is closed, so there is no access to Grant Park or Lick Observatory.

Another great twisty route that fortunately entails no fire lines is Mt. Umunhum road. The entire drive up to the cube is open. The views and road quality are spectacular. Access it from Hicks.

All these roads are heavily used by bicyclists, so be careful on blind corners. Have a good drive.

Dak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
folks, how do you track where you car is at in the process? I have a commission number but my car is still some ways off (expected delivery in feb 2021). Just curious how the whole tracking process works.

Kevin2dx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What's up boiz~... So I'm about to cancel my MY21 allocation (2021 delivery date). The reason why is because I finally found a model on the lot which is about 95% what I was looking for anyway so I'm gonna take it. Unfortunately it's all the way in Florida, so gotta haul the thing cross country to Cali. Can't wait :like:

Dak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What's up boiz~... So I'm about to cancel my MY21 allocation (2021 delivery date). The reason why is because I finally found a model on the lot which is about 95% what I was looking for anyway, so I'm gonna take it. Unfortunately it's all the way in Florida, so gotta haul the thing cross country to Cali. Can't wait :like:
Good luck! It’s going to be one awesome road trip

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
folks, how do you track where you car is at in the process? I have a commission number but my car is still some ways off (expected delivery in feb 2021). Just curious how the whole tracking process works.
Well rather than bothering my dealer early I would call Porsche Cars North America and you can ask for status by providing your commission number. they will generally tell you the freeze date, the build date, and the date it will be at the dealer. Then when it gets closer you can ask for the V code dates from your dealer. The screenshot that they can get for you has more fidelity. Once you get the shipping date you can go to the pwl shipping page, see https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...as-ordered-and-a-delivery-date.550/post-24356

More details at https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...as-ordered-and-a-delivery-date.550/post-19371
Sponsored

Last edited: